Good Intentions make it worse. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good Intentions make it worse.

Averageman
12-23-2012, 21:05
I've read all of the school shooting threads I can stand for the moment.
My conlusion is with the best of intentions Liberals and misguided conservatives created "Gun Free Zones."
The very idea that someone intent upon mass murder would be deterred by an imaginary "Zone" because they cannot carry their weapons within it baffles me.
What these good intentions have essentially created is a hunting ground for the deranged.
Without Police in the Schools, who in the world is there to enforce it?
And why, oh why cant the NRA express this in a way that comes off a bit better?

meathead19
12-23-2012, 21:09
I've read all of the school shooting threads I can stand for the moment.
My conlusion is with the best of intentions Liberals and misguided conservatives created "Gun Free Zones."
The very idea that someone intent upon mass murder would be deterred by an imaginary "Zone" because they cannot carry their weapons within it baffles me.
What these good intentions have essentially created is a hunting ground for the deranged.
Without Police in the Schools, who in the world is there to enforce it?
And why, oh why cant the NRA express this in a way that comes off a bit better?

They're called soft targets for a reason.

Many banks in my area have a security guard to protect the $. I think screwl children are a bit more valuable than $.

Libs probably don't. They believe in abortion when it's convenient.

M2 Carbine
12-23-2012, 22:25

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
I don't care how good a idiot's intentions are, if all they are going to accomplish is to get someone hurt or killed.

Unbelievably stupid isn't it.
A ten year old can understand that all that's being accomplished is making a killing zone.