Great. Now we have cougars! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Great. Now we have cougars!

HollowHead
12-23-2012, 23:14
...And they aren't Morgan Fairchild. Neighbor just shot one chasing his mare in the corral. :steamed: HH

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-23-2012, 23:19
...And they aren't Morgan Fairchild.

Wouldn't she be a saber toothed tiger by now?

HollowHead
12-23-2012, 23:23
Wouldn't she be a saber toothed tiger by now?

Hard to say, as she was emminently doable in Two And A Half Men, but I digress. This thing actually got a chunk out of the horse's fetlock before getting the Marlin treatment. HH

stevelyn
12-23-2012, 23:24
Haven't you always had them?

HollowHead
12-23-2012, 23:31
Haven't you always had them?

Above 8K. They're now coming down routinely. HH

Averageman
12-23-2012, 23:42
This isnt the one that got Eurodriver a punch in the nose is it?
Her husband gets violent if you stare too hard.

goldenlight
12-23-2012, 23:43
Above 8K. They're now coming down routinely. HH

Habitat change due to the extended drought?

HollowHead
12-23-2012, 23:47
Habitat change due to the extended drought?

Could be, although the snowpacks here haven't changed much and remain high. I was up for elk three weeks ago and there was water everywhere. HH

Atlas
12-23-2012, 23:53

GRIMLET
12-23-2012, 23:59
That would make an awesome full body mount.
Pics??

Luckily it was taken before someone got mauled or killed.

Wait..... Did I just refer to a COUGAR and "full body mount"??!
And with you guys talking about Morgan Fairchild...........

Magnus2131
12-24-2012, 00:04
Had the hots for Morgan Fairchild back in the day.

shadow_dog
12-24-2012, 04:32
They are almost everywhere. We have even had sightings in the outskirts of Cincinnati. I live north of Cincy and they are getting more common up here.

Any pics HH? Hopefully the mare won't have to be put down. Just curious, how much flack, if any did the DNR give your neighbor? Pays to go armed.

GreenDrake
12-24-2012, 05:31
Heck I am only at 2300 ft and we have cougars in the neighborhoods regularly. Last week I got an emergency message from the school saying the bus drivers were taking the kids to their front doors because of one in our neighborhood. Saw a couple dads out with their compound bows walking the beat to get their kids. Too funny.

686Owner
12-24-2012, 05:50
...And they aren't Morgan Fairchild. Neighbor just shot one chasing his mare in the corral. :steamed: HH

We?? Where are you?

686Owner
12-24-2012, 05:51
They are almost everywhere. We have even had sightings in the outskirts of Cincinnati. I live north of Cincy and they are getting more common up here.

Any pics HH? Hopefully the mare won't have to be put down. Just curious, how much flack, if any did the DNR give your neighbor? Pays to go armed.

I've not heard that yet.

method
12-24-2012, 06:17

I've heard stories of big cats around SW Ohio, may have even seen one once, but I certainly wouldn't use the word 'common' in any sense. IF there're big cats around here, I really, really doubt they're naturally occurring.

TSAX
12-24-2012, 06:27
...And they aren't Morgan Fairchild.

too bad...............

:50cal:

fusegsp
12-24-2012, 06:44
We've had rumors of cougars here in Iowa for years. Then a few years ago we had a few substantiated reports. One was shot and the other hit by a car. Some people still thought they were just extremely isolated incidents. Then a few months ago the Des Moines Police Department shot one inside the Des Moines city limits, not far from an elementary school.

DARKSHADOW
12-24-2012, 06:59
Hard to say, as she was emminently doable in Two And A Half Men, but I digress. This thing actually got a chunk out of the horse's fetlock before getting the Marlin treatment. HH

I hope the horse recovers, and that it was only a flesh wound. :sad: :angel:

Dennis in MA
12-24-2012, 08:12
I like Cougars. Just not when they go all aged-anorexic like Courtney Cox. She looks like the CryptKeeper.

happyguy
12-24-2012, 08:17

I love big cats, but I wouldn't take kindly to them eating my pets and livestock (if I had any).

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

Cavalry Doc
12-24-2012, 08:38
They are shoot on sight here. I've seen tracks, no animals though. We've been thinking about doing some predator hunts out at the ranch though.

Averageman
12-24-2012, 09:00
I live just outside Ft Hood, it is fairly common to see them on my drive to work.
They seem to be taking more than a few deer lately as the population is decreasing around that area.

happyguy
12-24-2012, 09:04
too bad...............

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=229854&d=1356364289

My heart goes pitter patter.

Regards,

happyguy
12-24-2012, 09:05
too bad...............

My heart goes pitter patter. :hearts:

Regards,

shadow_dog
12-26-2012, 07:20
I've heard stories of big cats around SW Ohio, may have even seen one once, but I certainly wouldn't use the word 'common' in any sense. IF there're big cats around here, I really, really doubt they're naturally occurring.

There have been reports of big cats on the western edge of Cincinnati. What first caught my attention was the location that I heard a couple of years ago. It just happened to be basically on land my uncle used to own.

Northern Butler and some of Preble have had sightings. Two co-workers of mine have found tracks on their properties in the west Middletown area. One of them said the DNR was trying to keep it quiet.

TheExplorer
12-26-2012, 07:24
Misrepresentation. I want my click back!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKaqFb2MM-sRV87hf0q2lPTNMx93WvHNm854OZUSOmYeMBvylv

Fear Night
12-26-2012, 07:33
We have had cougars in these parts for a while now. Oh, you mean the feline? Nevermind!

Carry on.

Hauptmann6
12-26-2012, 07:38
One of them said the DNR was trying to keep it quiet.

Sounds like what's going on in Michigan. There has been sighting and trail cam pics for years, but the DNR wouldn't admit to it. They are finally coming around. Same with Wolves in the northern lower.

oldgraywolf
12-26-2012, 07:57
Sounds like what's going on in Michigan. There has been sighting and trail cam pics for years, but the DNR wouldn't admit to it. They are finally coming around. Same with Wolves in the northern lower.

Yeah, the ones around Marquette Co. are now verified by the DNR. There have been unconfirmed sightings in my area for years, but no pictures. I spend a _lot_ of time in the woods, all seasons, have yet to find a track. I've seen bobcats, bears, foxes, coyotes, etc., but not even a big cat track. There are tons of deer in my area, too, so feeding should be pretty good.

Steel Head
12-26-2012, 08:10
Misrepresentation. I want my click back!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKaqFb2MM-sRV87hf0q2lPTNMx93WvHNm854OZUSOmYeMBvylv

AHHH!
Good to see this thread is back on course :wavey:

We have always had big cat here.