Virginia Citizens Defense League: NRA comments don't go far enough [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Citizens Defense League: NRA comments don't go far enough

HerrGlock
12-24-2012, 02:30
http://www.nbc12.com/story/20407950/virginia-citizens-defense-league-nra-comments-dont-go-far-enough

HandyMan Hugh
12-24-2012, 04:53
We all owe a lot to Philip Van Cleave of VCDL for his tremendous efforts on behalf of gun owners.

blackjack
12-24-2012, 05:24
"We've done it their way. We've been doing it their way," said Van Cleave. "And we see what happens. There is nobody there to stop the bad guy."

Saved the best for the last paragraph -- this needs to become the rallying cry that shows the failure of "criminal empowerment zones" and the need for change.

cowboywannabe
12-24-2012, 05:45
too bad all states dont have even half as good of a grass roots group as Virginia.

nmstew
12-24-2012, 05:58
That was not the only thing the NRA will say about all this, just the first. If they said what really needed to be said, they surely would have alienated people they need. People like these 8,000 new members per day. People like the new-to-guns obliviots who are just now getting the message and stepping up. I read the strategy as "Make a reasoned, presentable and likeable response now; then give them hell during the bill drafting process". I have a feeling we will hear much more from them and it will be harder hitting.

HexHead
12-24-2012, 06:06
Well, this guy's an idiot...

Charles Willis with Richmond's Citizens Against Crime tends to side with Goddard, but he feels there's an easy compromise.

"We need to look at maybe arming them with Tasers," said Willis. "I think that is something that is more acceptable."

Yeah, run up to a guy that's shooting and try to shock him?

Patchman
12-24-2012, 06:08
I agree. Why is it when something goes wrong, the first knee jerk reaction is to get MORE police involved? Hasn't the NRA been saying for years and years that guns in the hand of good guys make society safer?

Now they're saying more armed security in schools? By this I hope they mean calling for parents (and grandparents) to get involved in protecting their kids' schools.

Those best suited for the job are those who have a vested interest... such as those who have children (or grandchildren) attending the particular school. A full time SRO in each school is nice, but maybe not always possible. In any case, even one SRO may not be enough. To supplement coverage, parents (and grandparents) should be volunteering.

Volunteering doesn't require 8 hours a day, Monday thru Friday. If enough parents volunteer, it could be as little as 2, 3 or 4 hours, one day a week or every two weeks or even once a month.

Z71bill
12-24-2012, 07:05

Maybe use 100,000,000,000,000,000 volts or what ever an electric chair is X10.

Luminary
12-24-2012, 16:24

How is he an idiot? It's true that arming teachers with tasers will be more accepted by the people than arming teachers with guns. With that said, I understand what you're trying to say but arming teachers with firearms to protect students is a bit extreme for most people. A taser is better than your fists...

Patchman
12-24-2012, 16:48
I would love to read about a teacher who tazed a student... * ZAPP*... for using the lame excuse that "my dog ate my homework..." :supergrin: