Foster Tactical Gear Supply- real business? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Foster Tactical Gear Supply- real business?

Matthew Courtney
12-24-2012, 03:22
http://shop.fostertacticalgear.com/

The above website has quite a bit of gear that no one else does. Combine that with their good prices and the fact that some of the product descriptions seem to have been written by someone who is not a native speaker of English and...... Well, my daddy used to tell me that if something was to good to be true, it probably was not real. Can anyone verify that this is a bona fide business located in the Dallas, TX area?

Matthew Courtney
12-24-2012, 04:04
Well, they just agreed to ship 30 round magazines to my brother in California, so the odds of them being a legitimate business just got a little bit longer....

Gregoire G
12-24-2012, 04:20
I ordered a C-More Scout Scope for my AR from Chris a few months ago. He had it in stock and gave me a good price on it. He seems eager to expand his business. I would buy from him again.

Matthew Courtney
12-24-2012, 04:22
I ordered a C-More Scout Scope for my AR from Chris a few months ago. He had it in stock and gave me a good price on it. He seems eager to expand his business. I would buy from him again.

That is great to hear!

K. Foster
12-24-2012, 09:48
Matt, I agree with your assessment. The verbiage is a little off in some areas and they seem to have everything in stock. I put a LMT upper for $485 and some other stuff in the cart for check out, no indication that anything was out of stock. Given the current state of things, thatís a little odd. Maybe this guy has the last full warehouse in the country but I donít know.:dunno:
In case you were wondering, I have nothing to do with that business.:supergrin:
Good luck and merry Christmas.

Matthew Courtney
12-24-2012, 12:02
Found 10 Packs of pmags for $100 at DSG Arms with a late January ship date, so it is a moot point for me. If this guy is a fraud, he picked a good week to pretend to have AR Stuff.

gommer
12-25-2012, 01:10
Looks like they're legit:
http://forum.lwrci.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12749&start=15&sid=46c7c37ba411eb3a90f1badecc6bae47&view=print

Also found several posts from folks appearing to represent them on some other forums.

Interesting bit is a ways down in the post I linked. Said they called them and talked to someone. Not taking orders until Wednesday when they expect to receive a shipment of 12k pmags.

Matthew Courtney
12-25-2012, 07:00
Looks like they're legit:
http://forum.lwrci.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12749&start=15&sid=46c7c37ba411eb3a90f1badecc6bae47&view=print

Also found several posts from folks appearing to represent them on some other forums.

Interesting bit is a ways down in the post I linked. Said they called them and talked to someone. Not taking orders until Wednesday when they expect to receive a shipment of 12k pmags.

Nothing you have linked gives any indication that they are legitimate unless answering ones phone is indicative of something....

gommer
12-25-2012, 10:26
Nothing you have linked gives any indication that they are legitimate unless answering ones phone is indicative of something....

Yes, having and answering a phone is generally going to weed out about 90% of the scams. The contact information for the owner is also listed. The store owner also said they won't be taking orders until they have more stock. Usually scammers will gladly take your order since they had no intent to deliver to begin with.

Point was others have looked into it. Guess I should have just told you to google it yourself.

Matthew Courtney
12-25-2012, 11:22
Yes, having and answering a phone is generally going to weed out about 90% of the scams. The contact information for the owner is also listed. The store owner also said they won't be taking orders until they have more stock. Usually scammers will gladly take your order since they had no intent to deliver to begin with.

Point was others have looked into it. Guess I should have just told you to google it yourself.

Are you telling me that Bernie Madoff didn't answer his phone? I found the info You posted on the other websites, too. Third hand information that cannot be verified means little to nothing. Anonymous unverified information abounds.

What can be verified is that the Texas Secretary of State has no such company incorporated or registered to do business in Texas. Tarrant County has issued no business license for said company, and no such company has filed quarterly tax reports as required.

Paul53
12-25-2012, 18:39
Physical address? phonebook listings? Better Business Beureau? I'd check a lot of stuff if I had the misgivings you have. Maybe even your credit card can confirm their existance. Worst, you get scammed and lose big. Best, you wait longer for known legit business. Good Luck.

Matthew Courtney
12-26-2012, 04:00
Physical address? phonebook listings? Better Business Beureau? I'd check a lot of stuff if I had the misgivings you have. Maybe even your credit card can confirm their existance. Worst, you get scammed and lose big. Best, you wait longer for known legit business. Good Luck.

The physical address on their website is a community college. The physical address on their web domain registration is an unremarkable house in a residential neighborhood. BBB has never heard of them.

Matthew Courtney
12-26-2012, 17:54
Well, they registered with the Texas Secretary of State on 12/4/2012 using a Foreign Corporation, United States Corporations, Inc, as their registered agent.

bigmoney890
12-26-2012, 17:56
Well maybe they're trying to get started? But most likely a scam.

crazymoose
12-27-2012, 16:07
I was going to order three gas blocks from them. Together, you're talking about roughly the weight of a Leatherman. I was ready to place my order, but the shipping amount was somewhere around the $40 mark- not overnight or 2nd day, just normal shipping. I figured that they're either wildly incompetent business owners, or they are trying to run some kind of scam.

They are now on my "go to hell" list.

TactiCool
12-27-2012, 20:49
Wow sounds like I made a good decision not to order that 1K round case of Fiocchi that was going for $350 about 1.5 weeks ago.

kmacke83
12-30-2012, 18:21
Well I don't know about all you but I ordered 100 pmags from Chris 2 weeks ago and there was no hiccups with my credit card! Credit card company was able to verify the business. Also I tried ordering some other stuff and he didn't have it in stock! If it was a scam he would of sold it to me anyways! Thanks

matseur
01-05-2013, 16:03
Well im trying to order some stuff from there as well and Chris said he wanted a cashiers check for what i ordered. I dont know how i feel about that. however some of the things he had listed as in stock i tried to order and he was honest saying that he didnt have have th anymore. Should i pay with a cashiers check guys?

kmacke83
01-05-2013, 17:03
Well I have just been emailing Chris back and forth asking him when he was going to be able to fill my order and he said as soon as he gets his money!! I then proceed to tell him that he ran my card 3 weeks ago and show him the copy of invoice be sent me and his response is on I see your point all money will be refunded and now he is trying to say that he never got the finds from my credit card. Needless to say I am having to dispute the charge on my credit card. He also told me the only way he could ship the product now is if I sent him a cashiers check. Hahahahaha after this whole fiasco I think not!!!

glockfanbob
01-05-2013, 17:27
F that place.

Matthew Courtney
01-05-2013, 19:10
Guys, If you post on other boards, let folks know about this place. It will likely be a while before law enforcement has enough to shut him down, and he likely knows how to maximize his take before they do. $1000 price tags tell me this is not likely the first time he has scammed folks. Hopefully, he stepped on his wee wee by scamming a law enforcement agency by mistake.

matseur
01-05-2013, 22:49
Yeah i asked about the address he wanted me to send cashiers check to and hr cancelled my order. Wtf, i felt Chris is slightly unprofessional and didnt reply to my emails in a formal business manner. I just wanted an upper for my spikes man.......... :-(