Rush box CD set. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rush box CD set.

okie
12-24-2012, 10:11
Wal Mart is selling a Rush 5 CD set for 20 bucks, the albums are 'A Farewell to Kings'
- '2112'
- 'Signals'
- 'Fly By Night'
- 'Moving Pictures'.
I have a greatest hits from Rush, but am thinking about picking up this set. Are all the songs on these albums good, or hit and miss:headscratch::music:

EdTracker
12-24-2012, 10:30
Nice, thanks okie. Definitely will check that out.

Xelloss
12-24-2012, 11:44
I'm not a RUSH 'expert', but I do love their music and have all their albums, so take this for the little that it's worth.

MOVING PICTURES and 2112 are considered two of the 'must-have' RUSH albums. Both are great albums, with many of RUSH's better known songs on them (i.e. Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and Red Barchetta on MOVING PICTURES), although the first half of 2112 is a concept album, so be aware...

SIGNALS is full of good lesser-known songs like "The Analog Kid" and "The Weapon", as well as the better-known "Subdivisions".

A FAREWELL TO KINGS is a good album with some odder songs (like "Cygnas X-1) as well as the classic "Closer to the Heart"

FLY BY NIGHT is RUSH's second studio album, and the music is a bit rougher sounding as a result. It still has some great songs on it, though, like "Anthem", "Fly by Night", and "Rivendell" (which is RUSH's version of a song about Tolkein's Middle Earth).

Hope this helps, Okie!!!

-Mark

BSA70
12-24-2012, 11:56
Maybe I'm a tad young for Rush(42) but I can't see anyone wanting to buy their music:upeyes:

Now GNR, They Rock!:supergrin:

itisbruno
12-24-2012, 11:58
What is a CD?

:headscratch:

okie
12-24-2012, 11:59
I'm not a RUSH 'expert', but I do love their music and have all their albums, so take this for the little that it's worth.

MOVING PICTURES and 2112 are considered two of the 'must-have' RUSH albums. Both are great albums, with many of RUSH's better known songs on them (i.e. Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and Red Barchetta on MOVING PICTURES), although the first half of 2112 is a concept album, so be aware...

SIGNALS is full of good lesser-known songs like "The Analog Kid" and "The Weapon", as well as the better-known "Subdivisions".

A FAREWELL TO KINGS is a good album with some odder songs (like "Cygnas X-1) as well as the classic "Closer to the Heart"

FLY BY NIGHT is RUSH's second studio album, and the music is a bit rougher sounding as a result. It still has some great songs on it, though, like "Anthem", "Fly by Night", and "Rivendell" (which is RUSH's version of a song about Tolkein's Middle Earth).

Hope this helps, Okie!!!

-Mark
That helps a bunch my friend, thanks so much. Me thinks I will pick it up:thumbsup:

dino1
12-24-2012, 12:00
Sounds like a half man half goat singing..

okie
12-24-2012, 12:00
Maybe I'm a tad young for Rush(42) but I can't see anyone wanting to buy their music:upeyes:

Rush is awesome my friend, so is GNR, Velvet Revolver not so much:supergrin:

okie
12-24-2012, 12:03
What is a CD?

:headscratch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc :supergrin:

hogfish
12-24-2012, 12:05

Age has nothing to do with good taste. :tongueout:

spsmith713
12-24-2012, 13:12
Emotional feedback on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

itisbruno
12-24-2012, 13:15
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc :supergrin:

OOooohhhh, thise things, I remember now, thanks okie

:supergrin:

:wavey:

okie
12-24-2012, 13:16
OOooohhhh, thise things, I remember now, thanks okie

:supergrin:

:wavey:
You are very welcome my friend:supergrin: