If you didn't vote.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : If you didn't vote....

dino1
12-24-2012, 10:09
...or you voted for the glorious ruler please stay out of the damn gun stores, keep off the interwebs gun stores, stop buying evil black rifles and magazines and enjoy your damn holiday.

Averageman
12-24-2012, 10:10
http://www.wifelovers.com/discus/messages/257035/35857965.jpg

okie
12-24-2012, 10:12
I voted and voted for Mitt Romney:thumbsup:

dino1
12-24-2012, 10:25
It just infuriates me to think that some of these oafs clogging the gun stores and clamoring for P mags probably didn't have this sense of urgency when it came to to cast a vote.

I have coworkers asking me for advice and what to buy and I finally got up the nerve to ask "Did you vote and who for?" If someone tells me no I didn't bother then I'll just have to tell them they are on their own and elections have consequences.

itstime
12-24-2012, 10:25
I voted with you Okie.

mrdinks
12-24-2012, 10:30
Well said, I also hate people that want their guns but badmouth the NRA. You would not have the freedom we do today if it was not for them...

I am the NRA, sent with Tapatalk 2

JMS
12-24-2012, 10:30
I don't remember the gun laws in Massachusetts (WHICH MITT WAS THE GOVERNOR OF) being lax, no?

ChuteTheMall
12-24-2012, 10:31
I voted and voted for Mitt Romney:thumbsup:

Me too, but only once.

hotpig
12-24-2012, 10:41
I don't remember the gun laws in Massachusetts (WHICH MITT WAS THE GOVERNOR OF) being lax, no?

Mitt negotiated and allowed some rights in MA instead of pretty much none.

That does not really matter since he said no more restrictions and Obama said yes much more.

The School shooting was a blessing to these people. Even gun owners want a ban and tighter restrictions. This is not 94 or even close. We are in uncharted water and it is full of hungry sharks.

Adjuster
12-24-2012, 10:44
Yeh because this whole thing is the Presidents fault.

/

dstanley66
12-24-2012, 10:50
Romney

hotpig
12-24-2012, 10:55
Yeh because this whole thing is the Presidents fault.

/
I hope not the school shooting but who knows what a crazy persons reasons are.

The buying frenzy was going to happen anyway. Obama started it in October. It is undeniably his fault. I just did not expect it this soon.

50 Cent
12-24-2012, 10:56
Our Glorious Kenyan leader marching onward to disarm the people .

Or should I say "attempt"...

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/The_Shootist/Public%20Pix/AWB/Smokey_zps9fb395b6.jpg

Diesel McBadass
12-24-2012, 12:12
i noticed something stupid, half the panic buyers end up getting pocket pistols or guns that wouldn't be affected by a ban, and they all buy tons of ammo when ammos not in danger.

Gallium
12-24-2012, 12:18
...or you voted for the glorious ruler please stay out of the damn gun stores, keep off the interwebs gun stores, stop buying evil black rifles and magazines and enjoy your damn holiday.

I ended up not voting, after throwing my support (primary vote, campaign fund raising, spreading the word, etc) behind a few select R candidates.

If I can't go to the gun stores, can I at least sell off some of the dozens of long guns and handguns I purchased years ago, knowing this day was coming? My guess is, I can score easily 2.5x what I paid for stuff.

Please advise. :supergrin:

FetchMonster1
12-24-2012, 12:50
Blah blah whine; you're foolish if you think Mitt's NRA membership is worth anything other than pandering. He'd be calling for the same gun control ideas if he'd been elected. Why haven't we seen him come out in support of the NRA yet? I mean he was the keynote at the national convention a few months back.

hotpig
12-24-2012, 13:01
Blah blah whine; you're foolish if you think Mitt's NRA membership is worth anything other than pandering. He'd be calling for the same gun control ideas if he'd been elected.

Does not matter what Rommel was or was not going to do.

If you do not think these die hard anti gun people were not giving hi fives to each other while the rest of the country watched tv in shock last Friday you are way under estimating them. Twenty kids are a very small price for what they want.

A paroled Grandma murdered ambushing and killing some Volunteer Firemen today is just icing on the cake.

nmstew
12-24-2012, 13:07

Good point. This is a case of cognitive dissonance of the highest order. Hypocrisy, really.

WarCry
12-24-2012, 13:14

Damn right! This is the American way! If you didn't vote how I wanted you to, then you don't get to enjoy the rights of all the rest of us REAL Americans!!

Well said, I also hate people that want their guns but badmouth the NRA. You would not have the freedom we do today if it was not for them...

And this, too! When you go in to buy a gun, they need to complete scrap the 4473 form and demand your NRA membership number! Don't have one? Here's the form to sign up! Don't want to sign up? Get the hell out, you're not entitled to protection under the 2nd Amendment since you don't support the NRA!

Here's an idea, why not just have an NRA rep sit at the counter at every counter in every gun store across the country. That way, they can personally either approve or deny every person that comes in to buy a gun! That's the American way, isn't it??

BTW, I voted, and I voted for Okie, with Hickock45 for VP.

mrdinks
12-24-2012, 13:27
You do understand, and someday when you grow up we will let you play with guns.

I am the NRA, sent with Tapatalk 2

ChuteTheMall
12-24-2012, 13:45
i noticed something stupid, half the panic buyers end up getting pocket pistols or guns that wouldn't be affected by a ban, and they all buy tons of ammo when ammos not in danger.

Don't be too sure about that.
-Imports of pocket guns were severely restricted by GCA '68, and we didn't really get much domestic production until the Clinton gun ban created a market for 10 round pistols such as the Glock 26 and the Kel-Tec P11, among others. Twenty five years later.
-Canada already bans handguns with barrels shorter than 4 inches.
-Sneaky little Saturday Night Specials have been demonized for over a century, along with affordable or cheap guns.
-Ammo importation can easily be restricted; we still get Russian ammo, but not Chinese. Stroke of a pen.
-Ammo purchases could be regulated beyond showing proof of age, requiring the same 4473 and background check commonly used for gun purchases.

If I can't go to the gun stores, can I at least sell off some of the dozens of long guns and handguns I purchased years ago, knowing this day was coming? My guess is, I can score easily 2.5x what I paid for stuff.

Please advise. :supergrin:

Sorry, if the so-called gun show loophole is closed, you will lose your right to sell your guns (legally, face to face) in the free market.
You might still be allowed to sell them to a gun shop, but imagine what they might pay you; probably ten cents on the dollar wholesale so they can still survive in a highly regulated and harassed retail business.

And putting shooting ranges out of business is also on their list. Noise pollution, lead levels, safety concerns, rezoning and liability are just a few of their regulatory weapons.

hotpig
12-24-2012, 14:00
The ball is in the antis court and everything could be on the table. obama did mention cheap hand guns. Keep in mind he is very wealthy. His definition of cheap may not match us peasants definition of cheap.

dango
12-24-2012, 14:18
Voting this time was a same sided coin ! Nothing from nothing is nothing ! This time it didn't matter. Both bought and paid for by the highest neo-con bidder ! When we have no choice who's running , what choice do we really have ?

Yes , I served my country under false pretenses so I guess I will
go where-ever THEY allow me to go whenever THEY allow me !
FREE-DUMB ! The new and improve illusion !

PS: Yeah , I voted for whatever it was worth ?

WarCry
12-24-2012, 14:32
The ball is in the antis court and everything could be on the table. obama did mention cheap hand guns. Keep in mind he is very wealthy. His definition of cheap may not match us peasants definition of cheap.

But, see, I thought he was labeled as absurd for saying that $250k a year qualifies as "wealthy"?

Interesting to see attacks on anyone - politician, newscaster, whatever - come from two completely different or even opposite directions like this.

Kingarthurhk
12-24-2012, 14:35

The only thing they could do between now and 2014 is ban importation. That means Aresnal will make a lot more money.