New Gun /also New but 'older leather Holster Break In? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Gun /also New but 'older leather Holster Break In?

Davers
12-25-2012, 06:20
sI have purchased a new G26 Gen4 , and I have had A Galco [COP] Style 3 slot leather holster ,[I believe that is the style ][blue&clear zip top package]Sorry its now in the safe & wife and son not up yet :shocked:[Christmas Morning].Sorry TMI .Anyway the holster is still new in pack but about 6,7,8 yrs old .It was fit 4 the gen 2 3 style 26 but I think it will still fit being the front& slide are much the same :upeyes::upeyes: OH NO THAT LARGER MAG RELEASE .Well I guess ill find out if the gun seats deep enough to cover the catch.....? Is there any thing I should do or use on the holster to [Break it in so to speak?]: Well I must go now family duty calls .I will be very thankful 4 any help with these 1 now maybe 2 issues EVERYONE HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS& MAY GOD BLESS THIS CRAZY WORLD .Davers OUT......:faint:

G26S239
12-25-2012, 07:09
Try it instead of fretting.

DaneA
12-25-2012, 09:35
The common way to break it in is to put the unloaded gun in a thin sock and put it in the holster for a day or so. Other than that just working it in the holster will loosen it up.

ken grant
12-25-2012, 09:49
Wrap pistol in Saran or like plastic wrap, wet holster with Alcohol, insert pistol into holster and let dry.

fiasconva
12-25-2012, 15:10
Put it in the holster and just wear it around for a while. That's the best way to break it in.

janice6
12-25-2012, 15:25
Wrap pistol in Saran or like plastic wrap, wet holster with Alcohol, insert pistol into holster and let dry.

I would be careful of Alcohol with a dyed holster. It works great with a natural leather, I have done it.

Don't know what Saddle soap would do to the dye, but it will soften it.

If you want to break it in, then use it. Mine is excellent from use. Galco 3-slot, Black). I think breaking it in with your pistol is much different, and better, than softening it.

If you spray it with water-proofing silicone spray it will get soft but maybe too soft.

Davers
12-25-2012, 19:56
Try it instead of fretting.

ok I am waaaay to anal :yawn:

Davers
12-25-2012, 20:00
I will try one of these options.I thank everyone for their suggestions .

Bill Lumberg
12-28-2012, 14:23
Thin plastic bag for kydex, a piece of women's hosiery for leather. Keep in mind that a quality leather holster that feels perfect the first day isn't right, it takes a bit to loosen up. Remember that wearing the holster is part of that process. So, aside from deburring with a piece of hosiery or thin sock, wear it for a day, all day, sitting/standing/driving etc. It should be about right by the end of the day.

SCmasterblaster
12-29-2012, 18:04

I have never heard of this method. I'll have to remember it.