Sightmark Ultra Z Zombie or Bushnell TRS25 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sightmark Ultra Z Zombie or Bushnell TRS25

detroit9mm
12-25-2012, 10:28
Looking to put a decent low cost optic on my first AR. Will be mainly for range and plinking so don't want to spend a bundle. I've narrowed to down to the Bushnell TRS25 or Sightmark Ultra Z Zombie holographic. Have read good reviews for both but would like some opinions from some here that have used either or both. Thanks!

WoodenPlank
12-25-2012, 10:38
Look at the Primary Arms Aimpoint clones. There are still some micro dots and bundles in stock at the moment. $84.99 for a PA Micro dot with a UTG riser (https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_With_Fixed_Base_and_AR_Mnt_p/md-07-utg.htm) to put it at the right height for an AR. Not as good as a real Aimpoint, but it'll serve fine for a range toy.

mjkeat
12-25-2012, 11:21
PA Micro. The Bushnell wouldn't be bad but the Sightmark is junk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

detroit9mm
12-25-2012, 11:31
Thanks, I've read great things about them but read in a couple places they were out of stock for a long time. I may order this today at that price.

Scott3670
12-25-2012, 13:28
Look at the Primary Arms Aimpoint clones. There are still some micro dots and bundles in stock at the moment. $84.99 for a PA Micro dot with a UTG riser (https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_With_Fixed_Base_and_AR_Mnt_p/md-07-utg.htm) to put it at the right height for an AR. Not as good as a real Aimpoint, but it'll serve fine for a range toy.

I'm new to the world of Ar's so forgive me if this is a silly question. Can I use the PA Micro Dot (or something similar) without a rear site? My Armalite is a flat top but does not have a rear site. Thanks for any advice.

WoodenPlank
12-25-2012, 13:33
I'm new to the world of Ar's so forgive me if this is a silly question. Can I use the PA Micro Dot (or something similar) without a rear site? My Armalite is a flat top but does not have a rear site. Thanks for any advice.

Yes, you can. However, having some kind of rear sight as a backup in case the red dot fails is always a good idea. The Magpul MBUS is a good budget folding rear sight.

TheExplorer
12-25-2012, 13:42
Yes, you can. However, having some kind of rear sight as a backup in case the red dot fails is always a good idea. The Magpul MBUS is a good budget folding rear sight.

Just going to say that. It is what many people do. You can pick the rear up for around $30. People often replace the grip as well with a Hogue. Hogue makes a version with a compartment for batteries in case yours dies.

WoodenPlank
12-25-2012, 14:07
Just going to say that. It is what many people do. You can pick the rear up for around $30. People often replace the grip as well with a Hogue. Hogue makes a version with a compartment for batteries in case yours dies.

Plenty of grips besides the Hogue models that offer battery storage. I'm partial to the BCM Gunfighter, but there are plenty of others.

TheExplorer
12-25-2012, 14:18
Plenty of grips besides the Hogue models that offer battery storage. I'm partial to the BCM Gunfighter, but there are plenty of others.

Of course there are. Just making a suggestion on one of the more popular ones.:cool:

minnshooter
12-25-2012, 15:11
I have a Bushnell on mine and it works just fine. I did have to get a riser for though.

detroit9mm
12-25-2012, 15:17
I ordered the PA micro dot with the riser, thanks for the suggestion.

mjkeat
12-25-2012, 15:52
Of course there are. Just making a suggestion on one of the more popular ones.:cool:

Hogue is not one of the more popular ones. It is bottom barrel.

detroit9mm
12-26-2012, 11:18
Im glad I ordered the PA Microdot yesterday, they're out of stock again this morning.

TheExplorer
12-26-2012, 11:59
Hogue is not one of the more popular ones. It is bottom barrel.

It's a shame all those people who own and post great things about them are so misinformed.:cool:

mjkeat
12-29-2012, 18:56
It's a shame all those people who own and post great things about them are so misinformed.:cool:

Imagine how many ARs w/ grips are out there. There's bound to be some good reviews.

Lets use DPMS as an example. DPMS is a POS, period, yet there are an over abundance of them in safes across America. It's definitely not because they are a quality product.