ergo products [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ergo products

cangler
12-25-2012, 12:17
I don't have any experience with ergo products, but found the ERGO Z RAIL™ TWO PIECE REPLACEMENT HANDGUARD SYSTEM and it looked like a good fit for what I want to do, so found it on amazon for $120 shipped. I was going to just add a magpul AFG2 to it, probably nothing else right now. I prefer the simplicity look over bunch of attachments. Are the ergo products pretty decent?

Merry Christmas!

TangoFoxtrot
12-25-2012, 12:21
I have an Ergo palm swell grip for my big paws and love it.

mjkeat
12-25-2012, 12:37
I've found the Ergo makes it more difficult to manipulate the safety selector. It's to tacky.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WoodenPlank
12-25-2012, 14:00
For the price, I'd suggest a Daniel Defense EZ-CAR or the Troy drop-in rails.

Also, IMO, the AFG sucks on short handguards.

cangler
12-25-2012, 15:16
For the price, I'd suggest a Daniel Defense EZ-CAR or the Troy drop-in rails.

Also, IMO, the AFG sucks on short handguards.

I've already ordered the ergo so I'll give it a world first, but those others look like good suggestions too. I didn't realize they had drop-in rails, didn't want to spend much time installing it. I hope the AFG2 isn't a complete waste, I'll see how it feels... also got a magpul vertical grip to try out.

MrMurphy
12-25-2012, 16:46
The AFG is indeed basically a waste on a short rail.

Ergo products are pretty decent, but I have not used their rails. DD's drop in rail generally gets the vote for a 2 piece.

lawman800
12-26-2012, 02:52
I've found the Ergo makes it more difficult to manipulate the safety selector. It's to tacky.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I agree totally.

The Ergo grip is too long and way too tacky to make it handy for quick work.

I love the Hogue grip the best out of them for the right combination of size with grippy feel without being too tacky.

The Magpul MOE and other hard grips can get slippery. If the MOE had some rubber strips laid strategically across the contact points, it would be near perfect.