Comp's Legal??!!?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Comp's Legal??!!??

MadMax23
12-27-2012, 07:51
Rookie Question... Are compensators/muzzle brakes illegal if added to a 16" barreled AR-15? Reason I ask is that some manufacturers are advertising that the comp is legal "on post ban rifles of permanently attached"

Thank you!

mjkeat
12-27-2012, 08:40
Only the states w/ the highest crime rates who have the most stringent gun laws do they mess with stuff like that.

What was your question?

It's flash hiding MBs that are an issue in your most oppressive states.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MadMax23
12-27-2012, 11:18
My question is mostly centered around the language some of the companies selling comps/brakes are using.

Is it illegal to place a brake on a 16" barrelled rifle if it is NOT permanently attached?

Thanks again...

WoodenPlank
12-27-2012, 11:44
My question is mostly centered around the language some of the companies selling comps/brakes are using.

Is it illegal to place a brake on a 16" barrelled rifle if it is NOT permanently attached?

Thanks again...

Depends on your state's laws. Some states require permanently attached muzzle brakes on threaded barrels. Most states still respect your rights, and don't care.

Made in Austria
12-27-2012, 18:40

Thanks again...

Not in Nevada for instance. All my barrels are 16" with no permanently attached muzzle devices. Just check your state laws to find out more about this.