Glock Sport and Combat Holster - which tabs do you cut? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Sport and Combat Holster - which tabs do you cut?

Z71bill
12-27-2012, 13:43
I am about to get out my utility knife and cut the tabs on my Glock holster.

Since I only get one chance figured I would ask GT.

Which tabs do you cut?

Do you cut the "same" tabs on both sides or allow for some cant?

Please indicate -

How wide is your belt

Does your belt go around the outside of the holster - so belt is visible or stay on the inside so belt is hidden behind holster

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r128/z71bill/gun%20pics/P1000564.jpg

I have a 1 1/2 inch belt - and think I may go around the outside of the holster so I can snug it up and pull the holster & gun in tight.

Am thinking # 1, 6 and 7. Slight forward cant.

:dunno:

matteblack
12-27-2012, 14:49
My belts are 1.5" and according to your chart, I cut 2,3,6,&7.
MB

PS, I also cut a divit out of the side of the holster where the magazine release button is. This allows me to remove magazines without removing the gun from the holster. This helps while training a ton.

PattonT
12-27-2012, 15:12
Most everyone cuts 2,3,6,7. Truthfully it doesn't matter too much.

tuica
12-27-2012, 15:21
Yes, 2,3,6,7. Great holster. I started out, and then sold many expensive brands before seeing the brilliant design of this holster. 11/2' belt, and I have worn belt both inside and outside holster. Great aspect of design is that the "wings", placed on the middle for the ambidextrious (SP?) feature of the holster, allow a tension, and a tightening effect absent in most holsters.

I also spray (and wipe) the inside with silicone for ease of withrawl. Have the G36 in mine as I type this at the library. Also carry the standard width Glocks in the wider SC Holster for easier withrdawl. No, it won't pop out over that trigger nub without a good effort.

Cheers, T

matteblack
12-27-2012, 15:26
I agree, its a very clean, effective and concealable design. For the money, it cannot be beat. It probably hugs the body tighter than most any other holster. I got one in my Christmas Stocking for my G21! :supergrin:
MB

hsprincipal
12-27-2012, 15:29
Don't know my belt width, but I only had to cut 2 and 6.....

Sgt.K
12-27-2012, 16:28
1.5 inch belt and I cut the 2 in the middle on each side. You could probably make it ride lower if you cut the top on each side. HTH.

tango44
12-27-2012, 17:50
I use a 1.75 belt and I cutted the 2,3 - 5,6 to make it more like a straight drop.
G26 is what I carry.

EMTRN
12-28-2012, 01:42
I cut 1 and 5 because I find it pulls the gun closer to me and conceals better.

Bill Lumberg
12-28-2012, 09:21
No need to wear the belt outside the holster unless your belt is inadequate to start with. No tab cutting unless your belt is too wide to fit between the tabs, then, one tab top or bottom on each side. Unless the carrier is very thin, or the gun has a very long grip, zero or minimal cant is generally preferable, unless the gun is worn well behind 3 or 9 o'clock. I am about to get out my utility knife and cut the tabs on my Glock holster.

Since I only get one chance figured I would ask GT.

Which tabs do you cut?

Do you cut the "same" tabs on both sides or allow for some cant?

Please indicate -

How wide is your belt

Does your belt go around the outside of the holster - so belt is visible or stay on the inside so belt is hidden behind holster

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r128/z71bill/gun%20pics/P1000564.jpg

I have a 1 1/2 inch belt - and think I may go around the outside of the holster so I can snug it up and pull the holster & gun in tight.

Am thinking # 1, 6 and 7. Slight forward cant.

:dunno:

Markel
12-28-2012, 10:12
I cut 1 and 5 because I find it pulls the gun closer to me and conceals better.

Agreed. Same for me with a 1.5" dedicated gun belt. The holster rides at the top of the belt too when using the 1 & 5 cut.

I wear the belt under the holster, just behind the 3:00 o'clock position.