paid my ticket and still got a summons to appear??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : paid my ticket and still got a summons to appear???

G-34
12-29-2012, 11:05
what gives??

i rolled a stop sign, got caught, pulled over and was given a ticket,

took my medicine like a man and i paid the ticket AN HOUR LATER! and STILL got a summons!

WTF man:steamed::steamed::steamed:

and i even asked her if that would happen, thank God i kept my reciept,

now i wonder if i show up monday morning and prove i paid it they will say "ok we will handle it" just like last time when i paid my ticket,

i will ask if i dont show for court if i will be issued a warrent for my arrest,,

of course they will say no BUT thats what they said about the first situation! go figure

noway
12-29-2012, 11:40
So, what ya going todo ?

Summons is a Summons, bring your receipt, copy of the ticket, and present it to the court. If it all checks out, I'm sure the court will excuse you and you'll be on your way. They might even give you a lollipop :wavey:

I always warn people to always validate any tickets and your license status when you have traffic infractions. You do not want any surprises later.

relayman
12-29-2012, 11:52
Show up at court . It'll get worked out .

fnfalman
12-29-2012, 11:53
Next time don't bother paying the ticket. Show up to the court and maybe you can fight off the citation. One way or the other, you'd have to go to court anyway so what's the point of admitting guilt?

random southpaw
12-29-2012, 12:03
what gives??

i rolled a stop sign, got caught, pulled over and was given a ticket,

took my medicine like a man and i paid the ticket AN HOUR LATER! and STILL got a summons!

WTF man:steamed::steamed::steamed:

and i even asked her if that would happen, thank God i kept my reciept,

now i wonder if i show up monday morning and prove i paid it they will say "ok we will handle it" just like last time when i paid my ticket,

i will ask if i dont show for court if i will be issued a warrent for my arrest,,

of course they will say no BUT thats what they said about the first situation! go figure

The clue is in your post. You indicated that you interacted with a female officer. Perhaps, she indicated that you are kind of cute and--perhaps, you'll be seeing a female judge?

The Fed
12-29-2012, 12:09
Never out-and-out pay any ticket that accrues points. Many if not all insurance companies take your points into consideration when setting your premium and many will increase your premium for the next three years. In many jurisdictions you can negotiate the points away for an increased fine. You want to admit you were wrong? Fine, but why get slammed for premiums? Did your walking the stop sign make you a more dangerous driver? No.

G-34
12-29-2012, 12:21
Never out-and-out pay any ticket that accrues points. Many if not all insurance companies take your points into consideration when setting your premium and many will increase your premium for the next three years. In many jurisdictions you can negotiate the points away for an increased fine. You want to admit you were wrong? Fine, but why get slammed for premiums? Did your walking the stop sign make you a more dangerous driver? No.

the officer didnt say anything about points, and i didnt see anything on the ticket that said anything about points either:wavey:

failsafe
12-29-2012, 12:48
the officer didnt say anything about points, and i didnt see anything on the ticket that said anything about points either:wavey:

As a rule, moving violations are assessed point's, can't speak to your state or local...

Caver 60
12-31-2012, 00:42
Anything can happen. Sloppy handwriting on a ticket got a friend of mine a free ride to jail a few years ago.

My friend sent in the required stuff, but the officers hand writing was so sloppy that a court clerk compared the name with the last name they had, which had been misread by one letter.

Clerk decided it was a different person. Issued a warrant for my friend. Later my friend was stopped in a sobriety checkpoint. My friend had not been drinking, but the warrant showed and my friend got a free ride to jail.

It all got straightened out later, but now my friend cannot say he has never been arrested.

Peace Warrior
12-31-2012, 01:13
This happened in Nashville. Co-worker got a ticket. Went through heck down at city hall, cause he was from out of town, but finally got it taken care of.

He went on and on about it all week at work. So, a couple of his co-workers, who shall remain nameless, mailed him an official looking letter advising him to show up on a certain Thursday in November. So, instead of sleeping in on Thanksgiving morning, he went down to city hall to find it locked up for the Holidays.

You do know today (i.e., Monday) is Christmas Eve right?