Police shoot and kill handcuffed man [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Police shoot and kill handcuffed man

srhoades
12-29-2012, 19:30
http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/mvs12-1228-1.asp

It is entirely possible to gain access to and fire a handgun while handcuffed. The question remains, why wasn't he immediately patted down?

Kingarthurhk
12-29-2012, 19:34
Guessing? They probably handcuffed the actively resistant subject, and were about to conduct that pat down when he pulled from his waist behind his back and rolled over to open fire.

You can shoot from a downed and disabled position, and if you know what you are doing, accurately.

ray9898
12-29-2012, 19:50
Sounds like the incident happened right outside the car which means the officers attention was probably diverted back to the car after he got him cuffed. That is where mine would have went.

janice6
12-29-2012, 19:52
In spite of the danger, it ended well.

*ASH*
12-29-2012, 20:15
maybe because it was not a DUI CHECKPOINT ??:dunno::dunno:

Dragoon44
12-29-2012, 20:33

Are you sure? they could have just been getting blood from him.

Patchman
12-29-2012, 22:34
The BG ran on foot and the LEO gave chase. The LEO caught up and probably a fight/struggle ensued, with the LEO managing to get the BG onto the ground and finally in cuffs. Sounds like the LEO might have wanted to catch his breath, so he didn't search yet.

Patchman
12-29-2012, 22:45
So how long before members of the house band here start posting the cops put the gun on him? :supergrin:

goldenlight
12-30-2012, 03:25
So how long before members of the house band here start posting the cops put the gun on him? :supergrin:

Pretty quickly, I would say.

mike from st pe
12-30-2012, 16:33
Hank Earl Carr, shot two detectives after grabbing one of their guns from the backseat and cuffed.

Gallium
12-30-2012, 16:45
Sounds entirely plausible the cops were trying to plant a gun on him.

After all, they DID put a couple of bullets in him, what was to stop them from going the whole hog?

Undeniably factual.

Kingarthurhk
12-30-2012, 17:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

sheriff733
12-30-2012, 18:24

After all, they DID put a couple of bullets in him, what was to stop them from going the whole hog?

Undeniably factual.

I've seen you post for long enough to know you're kidding, but since this is GNG, I will admit I paused for a split second to decide for sure.

:supergrin:

*ASH*
12-30-2012, 18:33

Undeniably factual.

who knows :rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/luveggscotton.gif

lethal tupperwa
12-30-2012, 18:40
handcuffed bg pulled a gun from waistband shot and killed officer---it has happened!

Gallium
12-30-2012, 18:54
I've seen you post for long enough to know you're kidding, but since this is GNG, I will admit I paused for a split second to decide for sure.

:supergrin:

It takes a certain skill to cause people to pause and wonder. :supergrin:

You shoulda been here when I posted about my "Dilemna1" and "Dilemna2" threads...one guy proposed to drive from Colorado and lick my ass - he got more pissed when I PM'ed him back that I was not into that kinky stuff. A mod publicly reprimanded me :embarassed:, Dennis MA and a couple others kept fanning the flames...it was fun until the super powers came in and locked things down.

Anyways, if you ever saw the movie "Despicable Me", Patchman is the Yang of my wonderful Ying. :animlol:

Patchman
12-30-2012, 19:11
Absolutely not into movies or TV, so have no clue what this "Despicable Me" is about. Honored to be the Yang to your Ying.

Oh wait, Nevermore1701 called me ghay. So I'm hoping you're not into that, 'cause you're going to be disappointed.

I must be the red half of that circle... :)

Patchman
12-30-2012, 19:34
Synopsis
In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes... Surrounded by a small army of minions, we discover Gru planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon. Gur delights in all things wicked. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little girls... The world's greatest villain has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls named Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.

First thing I did was pull out the rose bushes. They do nothing to attract native bees, butterflies or birds.

TactiCool
12-30-2012, 19:35
Thumbcuffs would have prevented this...

:whistling:

Gallium
12-30-2012, 19:39
First thing I did was pull out the rose bushes. They do nothing to attract native bees, butterflies or birds.

Senior moment. :embarassed::embarassed: I meant "MegaMind".

And you can tell from the content of either movies I either have the mental development of a 7 yr old (my wife says so anyways), or I have (had) kids within that age group.