Flitz.....anyone have experience with this? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Flitz.....anyone have experience with this?

LEO/Dad
12-30-2012, 14:13
From the gun show I attended yesterday:

A distributor had a nice display and was doing some demos on polishing and removing rust from barrels. I was just wondering if any GT'ers had any experience with it.

stolenphot0
12-30-2012, 14:15
I use it for a lot of things. One of which his running down my barrel after a few range sessions. I don't do it every time.

deputy tom
12-30-2012, 14:20
From the gun show I attended yesterday:

A distributor had a nice display and was doing some demos on polishing and removing rust from barrels. I was just wondering if any GT'ers had any experience with it.

I use Flitz on many things but not in my firearm's bore. Flitz is like Simi-chrome and metal glow. Nice polish for metal. tom.:cool:

Aux Bear
12-30-2012, 14:25
I use Flitz on many things but not in my firearm's bore. Flitz is like Simi-chrome and metal glow. Nice polish for metal. tom.:cool:

Ditto. Does great to polish jewelry and motorcycle parts too!

deputy tom
12-30-2012, 14:29
Ditto. Does great to polish jewelry and motorcycle parts too!

^^True. tom.:cool:

Pilotdude3407
12-30-2012, 14:29
I use flits on all my brass frame black powder revolvers. Really makes the brass shine. Don't know about using it on blued things but if others have, I might consider it. I thought it had abrasive in it...fine abrasive but abrasive none the less.

gjk5
12-30-2012, 14:33
I use it on polished surfaces and the litle bit of nickel on guns I own. I do not use it on blued firearms. It is also OK on case-hardened and on the face of a revolver cylinder.

the best thing for minor rust on a blued firearm is 0000 steel wool and oil.

Ewalk
12-30-2012, 15:34
it Will Take Bluing Off, But Works Works Well.

BigDog40
12-30-2012, 15:40
good stuff....watch it around blued firearms....does wonders on stainless

Cybercowboy
12-30-2012, 15:42
I use it to clean my fireplace glass. It's a sealed two-sided job and it gets white build-up. Flitz with an orbital buffer takes it off, nothing else seems to touch it. Once every three years as it seems to also help keep the build-up at bay.

Also works great on my stainless range hood and fridge.

Rabbi
12-30-2012, 16:56
I wouldnt use it on blue and I would use this on blue either, but the best rub on rub off metal polish I have ever used in Wenol.

http://www.autogeek.net/wenol1.html

JBG30
12-30-2012, 17:11
Nobody remembers the 25 cent trigger job?

Glock 25 cent trigger job (in glorious HD) - YouTube

skeeter7
12-30-2012, 22:26
I use Flitz whenever my stainless revolvers need a quick polishing. Also works great on cleaning up the blast marks on the cylinder as well. Great stuff!

byf43
12-31-2012, 07:01
Flitz is some GOOOOOOOOD 'stuff'!!!!!

I use it quite a bit, for polishing old coins and it puts a GREAT shine back into my wedding band.

I've also used it on my old Lexus' headlight lenses.
Kinda expensive to use, but, restores the lustre and clarity.

JDennis
12-31-2012, 07:20
Flitz is awesome stuff. For firearm use, i mainly use it on my antique stuff. It does wonders on milsurp stuff. I use it on blueing but only once in a while. With a soft rag and light pressure it polishs up the blueing nicely! Also when used with a dremel i polish up the triggers. My Mosin Nagants had super gritty horrible triggers, little flitz and time, they are absolutely buttery now.

Dennis in MA
12-31-2012, 09:43
I use the spray can. Not great for glock trigger jobs, but gets rid of the flies fast.

Also induces heart attacks in old italian gangsters, FYI. So if you're one, stay away form the Flit'z.

http://airandspace.si.edu/images/collections/media/full/20030068054Cp03.JPG

ron59
12-31-2012, 10:19
Nobody remembers the 25 cent trigger job?

Glock 25 cent trigger job (in glorious HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XJxltxvAo4)

I use Flitz for my 25 cent trigger job.

But applying it with a QTip? That's just whistling in the wind.

BEER
12-31-2012, 10:26
it's pretty good but a bit too pricey for me. if you look in the polishing section of your local grocery or hardware store you should be able to find another polish called "maas" that's the same thing as flitz and works just as well for half the price. i use it on all my knives and my sterling silver jewelry.

it's already been stated multiple times but i'll say it just in case anybody missed it, this stuff and most other "cream" style metal polishes are micro-abrasive so be careful using them on blued firearms and the like.

failsafe
12-31-2012, 10:37
I use it on my stainless revolvers..Don't use it on the bbl and frame unless you want it to shine more than the standard finish..Pic of mine Flitzed..:cool:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/litenlarry/DSC00566.jpg