Add Pizza Hut to the Boycott List [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Add Pizza Hut to the Boycott List

The Fed
12-30-2012, 19:15
http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/12/pizza-hut-delivery-man-demoted-after-defending-himself-against-attackers/

badge315
12-30-2012, 19:17
All the major pizza chains have the same policy and it ain't nothing new. We should boycott Pizza Hut because their pizza sucks.

fusegsp
12-30-2012, 19:18
I don't understand why anyone would eat Pizza Hut. Even here in Iowa we have good, local, independently owned pizza joints.

NickC50310
12-30-2012, 19:24
Got that right fuse! I havent ate that garbage in years.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

skinny99
12-30-2012, 19:26
All the major pizza chains have the same policy and it ain't nothing new. We should boycott Pizza Hut because their pizza sucks.
Their Pizza sucks. No reason to go there.

On the hand their corporate policy, based on the extremely litigious society that we live in, is spot on. Corporate policy is designed to protect the company first. Because without the company there is no policy to worry about. Any policy that allows,approves or condones use of a weapon in any fashion while on the job opens the company and their insurance provider up to serious legal ramifications. Period. Company comes first. It has to.

To the delivery driver. How bad can it really be. He got demoted from a crappy job. A job which runs an inherent risk of just those kinds of things happening. He was aware of corporate policy when he started and chose to proceed.

mdlott
12-30-2012, 19:36
Their Pizza sucks. No reason to go there.

On the hand their corporate policy, based on the extremely litigious society that we live in, is spot on. Corporate policy is designed to protect the company first. Because without the company there is no policy to worry about. Any policy that allows,approves or condones use of a weapon in any fashion while on the job opens the company and their insurance provider up to serious legal ramifications. Period. Company comes first. It has to.

To the delivery driver. How bad can it really be. He got demoted from a crappy job. A job which runs an inherent risk of just those kinds of things happening. He was aware of corporate policy when he started and chose to proceed.

As much as I really want to disagree w/ this, I can't. Sux that saving his own anus cost him.

NEOH212
12-30-2012, 19:39
Screw company policy. I'd get fired before I'd get killed.

gjk5
12-30-2012, 19:45
why would I boycott them for enforcing a policy the man agreed to when he took the job?

GNG is full of effing hypocrites.

Kingarthurhk
12-30-2012, 20:42
How do you get demoted from delivery? I imagine that is the worst job they have.

shotgunred
12-30-2012, 20:48
If he is willing to keep working for them he is double the fool.

HollowHead
12-30-2012, 20:48
why would I boycott them for enforcing a policy the man agreed to when he took the job?

GNG is full of effing hypocrites.

He's lucky they didn't fire his ass. HH

Dragoon44
12-30-2012, 20:51
I already boycott pizza hut. My taste buds demanded it.

:rofl::rofl:

Travelin' Jack
12-30-2012, 20:51
How do you get demoted from delivery? I imagine that is the worst job they have.

He didn't really get demoted, he got reassigned to cook and had his hours cut. With tips, you clear several dollars more an hour than the cooking staff that makes minimum wage or close to it.

I delivered pizzas in college for Domino's in a small town. I averaged around ten dollars an hour, the cooks made five and change.

Peace Warrior
12-30-2012, 20:59
I don't understand why anyone would eat Pizza Hut. Even here in Iowa we have good, local, independently owned pizza joints.
Well, pap john's is the walmart of cardboard pizza, which is especially true with their customer service efforts over mistakes to orders.

The two walmart pizza papa john's places nearest me have this: WE NEVER make a mistake kind of attitude. I use either pizza hut, dominos, or moon river.

This is how much the papa john's nearest me suck.

ETA: When I delivered pizza, I was armed, but heck, I'm usually armed so no biggie.

carbuncle
12-30-2012, 21:14
I'm already boycotting Pizza Hut because their crappy pizza gives me the ****s, I'll add this to list of reasons why.

As an aside, I knew someone who used to drive for them and carried a .38: to them it seemed like being alive and looking for work was a better option than being a team player and dead.

mrmedina
12-30-2012, 21:32
PH,has fired all delivery drivers who have defended themselves with gun.

Diesel McBadass
12-30-2012, 21:52
I keep a p64 in the car while delivering for pizza hut. Company policy says i cant but maine state law says employers cant prohibit guns in private vehicles. Thank you governor LePage.

Were supposed to give up money peacefully if robbed, but i dont think i'd be fired for fighting back if the attacker started striking. Besides, im a pretty vital employee and their short staffed :)

FLIPPER 348
12-30-2012, 21:57
Add Pizza Hut to the Boycott List

will do

....but it won't be hard as I've not eaten or ordered from them since the late 80s while in the Army. Not due to their policys as such but more about the crappy food.

John Galt
12-30-2012, 22:05
A local pizza place here has made it public knowledge that it's delivery drivers are allowed to carry if they have a license to do so. All of them do, and only one driver has been robbed in the last 15 years. Their pizza is excellant as well.

Drain You
12-30-2012, 22:33
Wow it only took 2 replies this time.

Peace Warrior
12-30-2012, 22:40
A local pizza place here has made it public knowledge that it's delivery drivers are allowed to carry if they have a license to do so. All of them do, and only one driver has been robbed in the last 15 years. Their pizza is excellent as well.
We need some of those kinds of places around here. :supergrin:

Peace Warrior
12-30-2012, 22:50
I keep a p64 in the car while delivering for pizza hut. Company policy says i cant but maine state law says employers cant prohibit guns in private vehicles. Thank you governor LePage.

Were supposed to give up money peacefully if robbed, but i dont think i'd be fired for fighting back if the attacker started striking. Besides, im a pretty vital employee and their short staffed :)
Just don't get demoted. :whistling: :supergrin:

etc1006
12-30-2012, 23:04
This is local to me. The original article in the local paper stated PH's policy on company driven vehicles... But this man was driving his OWN vehicle. Lets see, my vehicle, my gas, my insurance, my money, MY ASS ... Not to hard to figure out...

lunarspeak
12-30-2012, 23:07
A local pizza place here has made it public knowledge that it's delivery drivers are allowed to carry if they have a license to do so. All of them do, and only one driver has been robbed in the last 15 years. Their pizza is excellant as well.

if this is how the owner feels thats good for him its his place....but if or when one of his drivers shoots someone be it to really protect themselves or a gun accident or just being stupid....by him allowing it he is just giveing more ammo for someone to sue him...thier not going to sue some kid, they are going for the big bucks.

but can you compare one guys pizza shop to a chain with over 6000 stores in the US alone.

remember mcdonalds got sued over coffe and lost a few hundred thousand

Peace Warrior
12-30-2012, 23:25
This is local to me. The original article in the local paper stated PH's policy on company driven vehicles... But this man was driving his OWN vehicle. Lets see, my vehicle, my gas, my insurance, my money, MY ASS ... Not to hard to figure out...
An aside: Just think, when these company driven vehicles are liquidated in order to purchase newer models, and then resold, do you think the buyer is going to be JONESING for pizza every time he goes for a drive?

Everyone knows about new car smell, but "old pizza delivery vehicle smell?" MMMMMMMMMMM :homer:

winglock
12-30-2012, 23:31
I boycotted them years ago just because they have the audacity to call what they make, pizza.

Diesel McBadass
12-31-2012, 08:34
hey our pizza aint that bad mean little cesears hot and soggy or papa dongs crap is way worse.

MtBaldy
12-31-2012, 08:46
I boycotted them years ago just because they have the audacity to call what they make, pizza.

This.

I would boycott them except I already am boycotting them.

itstime
12-31-2012, 09:01
I go to locals I know. Help the little guy and the food is much better.

fusegsp
12-31-2012, 09:04
We have gas stations here in Iowa called Casey's that have better pizza than Pizza Hut.

Sharkey
12-31-2012, 09:11

Now now, to each his own. I like the thin crust way better than any of the other chain pizza places.

Yeah they all have that policy just like the 7-11 stores. I'm surprised we don't see more robbery's.

I worked for a place for just under 2 years and violated their weapon policy every day. We were sent into some crap holes so I didn't care what the policy said.

Bruce M
12-31-2012, 09:24
I agree that if one is going to avoid Pizza Hut is should be because of the pizza.

vart
12-31-2012, 10:04
Sorry, I love Pizza Hut pizza... Of course it's crap compared to a good local pizza place, but it's like pizza version of Big Macs...

I went there last Sunday with my family and parents to watch the Packers game. They remodeled about 6 months ago to cater to the sports crowd and have big screens and cheap beer. We figured we'd try it out. We got there and no Packers game on the TVs, just crap programming.

We asked if they could tune it to the Packers game and they couldn't figure it out. We left despite their begging, and went to Tailgaters a block away. watched the game, and spent $100 on food and drinks.

If you try and cater to the sports watching clientele, you dang better be sure your employees know how to find the games on your satellite system...

Z71bill
12-31-2012, 10:25

Many Pizza Hut locations are independently owned- you ever heard of a franchise?

I would say all are LOCAL - it would be hard to get a pizza joint to deliver to your home if they were 50 miles away. :upeyes:

As far as being "good" that is subject to interpretation.

The fact is - if they were no "good" chances are they would not have stores all over the world making millions of pizzas every day.

I am not a BIG fan of the pizza - except the personal pan - which I know is the exact same ingredients as the regular pizza - but still tastes different. :dunno:

inthefrey
12-31-2012, 10:27
Let 'em know what you think about it!

https://quikorder.pizzahut.com/phorders3/index.php?1=1026&feedbacktype=r#feedback

fusegsp
12-31-2012, 10:47
The fact is - if they were no "good" chances are they would not have stores all over the world making millions of pizzas every day. :dunno:So, you equate big with good? The very fact that they make millions of pizzas a day is why they suck. I'd rather pay a few bucks more to get a pizza from a shop that has control of the way they make their pizza and doesn't have to conform to a corporate recipe. Pizza Hut is successful, but that doesn't make them good. This reminds me of the threads where someone criticizes a popular actor, athlete, or musician and some genius chimes in with, "They have more money than you, so I'm sure they don't care what you think. Blah, blah, blah." Huge sales are directly proportionate to how good you are at manipulating the idiots that comprise a big part of this country. Look at the last election.

gjk5
12-31-2012, 11:01
Let 'em know what you think about it!

https://quikorder.pizzahut.com/phorders3/index.php?1=1026&feedbacktype=r#feedback

OK.

"While I disagree with your company policy to not allow drivers to defend themselves, I wholeheartedly support your right as a business to make your own rules and insist that your employees abide by them"

Happy now?

Nutt51
12-31-2012, 11:23
The fact is-if they were no "good" chances are they would not have stores all over the world making millions of pizzas every day.

Tens of millions of, (Can't find a clean adjective to put here),
thought putting the same Idiot's back in Washington for a
second term was a good idea, but that doesn't mean it was.
Some people will buy anything.

Like some of the above pard's, I have not patronized
"The Hut", in over 10 years, and will not in the future.
They Suck Swamp Water.