Impulse purchase: If not an AR then.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Impulse purchase: If not an AR then....

jame
12-30-2012, 22:18
How about this?:supergrin:

http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/tactical/shotguns/model-870-express-tactical.aspx

I don't normally do this crap. I know that there's panic in abundance, but I owned an AR15, and the platform just doesn't work for me. They had three, but none felt quite right. I appreciate that a lot of you guys, especially those of previous recent military service think they feel like a third appendage. But I still felt the need to buy SOMETHING. Hell, it's been getting to me too. A kid behind the counter with a USMC tattoo on his forearm asked if I wanted to see anything else. Yeah, that 870 Tactical. "Great pick." he says.

I grew up with the 870. I've carried one through fields and marshes, ponds and duck blinds. If I had all of the spent hulls I've fired from one of these, it would fill the back of a full sized pickup. It's like a third appendage.

Shame on me. It got to me and I swore it wouldn't. But I'm weak, and now $487 more broke.

But it'll work for me.

Folsom_Prison
12-30-2012, 22:40
I plan to make that my next purchase. I'm without a pump shotgun at this time. Around here when all the 9mm, 223 ect is flying off the shelf at walmart, there's always 12 gauge sitting around.

Huaco Kid
12-30-2012, 22:44
Got one last year...

http://www.mossberg.com/product/shotguns-pump-action-590-special-purpose-special-purpose-9-shot/50299

8+1, it's about all I shoot around town any more. "Rustproof" finish. Flawless operation. I didn't pay half that price, though.

It sleeps in the bedroom with us.

camelotkid
12-30-2012, 22:47
I plan to make that my next purchase. I'm without a pump shotgun at this time. Around here when all the 9mm, 223 ect is flying off the shelf at walmart, there's always 12 gauge sitting around.
thats what i thought as well and got a shock at the local walmart, they were sold out of everything 12 gauge, 22, hell the only thing they did have were a few non common hunting rounds and a few boxes of 20 guage :faint:

Folsom_Prison
12-30-2012, 23:01
thats what i thought as well and got a shock at the local walmart, they were sold out of everything 12 gauge, 22, hell the only thing they did have were a few non common hunting rounds and a few boxes of 20 guage :faint:

I went to WM tonight to check. No 9mm, no 223, or 22. Few boxs of 40 and a box or two of 45. Lots of Hunting calibers still there and plenty of 12 and 20 gauge.

Some of the 12 gauge sitting there was the 15 round packs of Remington 00 buck and slugs.

My next purchase will be an 870 or the like, shoulda kept my benelli!!

jame
12-30-2012, 23:08
Midway has lots of ammo and options available.

You know, for me, shotguns just make sense. Small game, large game, home defense, and with the right slugs, long distance, out all the way to 200 yards is doable. I don't know why more guys don't go this way for a defense system.

LEO/Dad
12-31-2012, 06:57
How about this?:supergrin:

http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/tactical/shotguns/model-870-express-tactical.aspx

I don't normally do this crap. I know that there's panic in abundance, but I owned an AR15, and the platform just doesn't work for me. They had three, but none felt quite right. I appreciate that a lot of you guys, especially those of previous recent military service think they feel like a third appendage. But I still felt the need to buy SOMETHING. Hell, it's been getting to me too. A kid behind the counter with a USMC tattoo on his forearm asked if I wanted to see anything else. Yeah, that 870 Tactical. "Great pick." he says.

I grew up with the 870. I've carried one through fields and marshes, ponds and duck blinds. If I had all of the spent hulls I've fired from one of these, it would fill the back of a full sized pickup. It's like a third appendage.

Shame on me. It got to me and I swore it wouldn't. But I'm weak, and now $487 more broke.

But it'll work for me.

at Cabela's in KC last weekend..!

Averageman
12-31-2012, 07:42
I bought a Draco with intent of making a SBR.

G36's Rule
12-31-2012, 08:01
If not an AR, then what?

Certainly not a shotgun. I've got plenty of those and don't really like them for anything but bird hunting.

So I snapped up an Springfield Armory M1A on the day Obama announced that he was putting Biden in charge of the study group on gun control.

You should have seen that little shop do business after that announcement... Luckily I was already there.