Help me reply to my Senator [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help me reply to my Senator

itisbruno
12-30-2012, 23:37
Here is her response to the email I sent her urging no knee jerk reactions on gun control:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, as well as gun control policy and gun safety. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

On Friday, December 14, 2012, a gunman entered Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, and began shooting teachers and students before taking his own life. This horrific tragedy took the lives of 27 people, including 20 children seven years of age and younger. As a mother, I'm horrified and stunned by the senseless violence against innocent children and teachers.

This tragedy has led to renewed and important discussions about gun control, which is often a divisive topic in our nation. The loss of so many beautiful children in a mass shooting that involved an assault rifle with ammunition clips that held large numbers of bullets makes clear that we need to revisit the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 and review permissible magazine ammunition sizes. I am also supportive of closing the gun show loophole and making sure that those with court-determined, dangerous mental health diagnoses do not get access to guns. Finally, it is equally clear that we must reconsider the mental health services available to our citizens, knowing that each mass shooting our nation has experienced involved individuals with substantial mental health problems. "Obamacare" will expand important mental health coverage when it is implemented in 2014. Protecting our children and our citizens will require us to come together to find real solutions that cover a broad range of factors that have contributed to these horrific incidents.

I firmly believe that an attempt to promote appropriate gun safety measures can be done without infringing upon law-abiding citizens' right to own firearms or unduly burdening the hunting and sportsmanship culture of Missouri. Weapons designed primarily for the use of soldiers to kill people in war are not used in hunting and can be reasonably limited without jeopardizing any rights under the Second Amendment. I believe the horror of the Newtown shootings makes clear that we must get to work protecting our communities and our children from mass slaughter, while also protecting our Second Amendment rights. I am hopeful that the National Rifle Association, a significant voice in this discussion, will be a constructive part of this dialogue.

Even as I welcome this renewed debate, please know that I will continue to protect the Second Amendment Rights of law-abiding citizens to safely own and use appropriate firearms. In the past, I have voted to permit residents of the District of Columbia to own and purchase firearms. I also supported an amendment to a spending bill that would prevent funding for any international organization, including the United Nations, that places a tax on any firearm owned by a United States citizen. I have opposed other inappropriate measures, such as forcing Missouri to accept other states' firearms laws.

As your United States Senator, I will keep your thoughts in mind anytime Congress considers gun-related legislation. In the wake of the Newtown tragedy, my prayers are with the students and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary, and with their families. All Americans are outraged at senseless and criminal gun violence no matter where they may fall in the debate on guns in American society. A renewed national conversation has begun and we must all be a constructive and open-minded part of it. There is middle ground here, where this nation can come together with sensible laws that prevent the mass murder of innocent citizens, while we continue to respect our Constitution and its Second Amendment rights.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Claire McCaskill
United States Senator

P.S. If you would like more information about resources that can help Missourians, or what I am doing in the Senate on your behalf, please sign up for my email newsletter at http://mccaskill.senate.gov.

I have an idea of what I want to say, but any input you have is welcome.

jad45
12-30-2012, 23:58
Would it not have been easier to not re-elect McCaskill? Seriously, when will we understand that elections (or choosing not to participate) HAVE consequences?

Front Sight
12-31-2012, 00:32
There is NO middle ground! The Second Amendment is very clear. I expect any legislator to support all law abiding Americans. Those people on medication should not dictate laws for responsible firearm owners.
Thanks for taking the time to contact your legislator. Try to educate them.

DustyJacket
12-31-2012, 01:07
Would it not have been easier to not re-elect McCaskill? Seriously, when will we understand that elections (or choosing not to participate) HAVE consequences?

Not with that idiot that ended up running against her.
There were 3 republicans going into the primaries. The worst one won.
Argh.

Well, let's she if she gives me the same form answer.

In the past, she has given me the same kind of "glad to hear from you but I am going to do what I want, and I don't care what you voters think" answers, on TARP, Obamacare, and the stimulus package.

rauldduke1979
12-31-2012, 01:21
#1. Ask her to explain what modern firearm was not designed as a weapon of war? Remind her that bolt action rifles, lever action rifles, revolvers and pump shotguns were all state of the art military weapons.

#2. Remind her that the Batman shooter used a pump shotgun and ask why she doesn't think we should ban pump shotguns. (Call it a death spraying assault shotgun with a shoulder thing that goes up).

#3. Ask her how those insurance exchanges for Obamacare are coming....

#4. Ask her to define "large number" in reference to ammo. Ask her how she reached that definition. If its 10 rounds, ask her why not. 9? Why not 11?

#5. Ask her how many federal investigations there are into the 500 people shot in Chicago this year? Ask her why she's opposed to enforcing the laws on the books?

#6. Ask her if she believes David Gregory should be arrested. Ask her if congress still has jurisdiction over DC. Ask her why she wants to pass a new law if she refuses to enforce existing laws.

Edited to add:

The next republican candidate for office that says anything about rape except "it is a horrific crime and its perpetrators must be hunted down and it's victims must be supported" should be beaten with a sock full of horse manure. If that idiot hadn't made his asinine comment McCaskill would be packing up her office as we speak.

SonnyCrockett
12-31-2012, 04:43
she sounds like a DEM with no gun ownership experience...which is pretty typical of all
people who want to restrict guns.....The scary thing is listening to people who have zero gun experience talk about the way it should be

HexHead
12-31-2012, 04:57
she sounds like a DEM with no gun ownership experience...which is pretty typical of all
people who want to restrict guns.....The scary thing is listening to people who have zero gun experience talk about the way it should be

Helllo... Feinstein has a gun and a carry permit. I'm sure there are plenty others.

dango
12-31-2012, 05:17
Simply put forth: You were voted in and can be easily be cast out.

tnedator
12-31-2012, 08:18
There is a reason that the NRA gave her a grade of "F"

Nothing you reply to her canned response to you will make a difference. She is a liberal Senator that has a horrible track record on 2nd amendment issues, among other issues.

GreenDrake
12-31-2012, 08:21
You cannot change her, but you can make a difference against her.

redbaron007
12-31-2012, 08:28
She is a horrible Senator. She follows and swallows everything that King Obama puts out there.

She is not 2A friendly, although in her campaign this year, she portrayed herself as a 2A supporter, saying she grew up hunting etc and wants to protect your 2A rights.....yeah...right! :steamed:

She is NOT a 2A friendly individual....she is what-ever-the-liberal-democrats want Senator.

Thanks Akin!!

:wavey:

red

oldman11
12-31-2012, 08:35
It doesn't make any difference what you tell her. She is a puppet; you pull her string and she spews the same message her handlers have programed her to say. You can't argue with a programed idiot.

G36's Rule
12-31-2012, 08:35
Funny thing is, Akin probably would have won that election if he had just had the sense to keep his mouth shut...

She is a Democrat, what did you expect?

TX OMFS
12-31-2012, 09:12
The next republican candidate for office that says anything about rape except "it is a horrific crime and its perpetrators must be hunted down and it's victims must be supported" should be beaten with a sock full of horse manure.

:goodpost: Morons.

Cavalry Doc
12-31-2012, 09:18
You could tell her that taking guns and MAGAZINES away from law abiding people will not stop lunatics from getting weapons. All it does is disarm the law abiding. With mexican drug cartels making inroads into the united states, that is a bad idea.

If she will agree that all of the capital hill police will have to disarm, then apply and go through the same hoops as normal people to get CHL's, and only carry the same guns that the civilians do, That would help her from being a hypocrite.

itisbruno
12-31-2012, 12:07
Thanks for the ideas, I'll be crafring a nice response for her New Years day.

Too bad the moron that ran had to open his mouth and then NOT drop out of the race, the GOP didn't have a chance in hell winning this seat back.

RustyL
12-31-2012, 12:34
In my district in Ar. John Boozeman is my Senator, he want reply to any of my emails. I hit him twice a week. Maybe I need to be more kind and gentler.:whistling:

shadow_dog
12-31-2012, 12:35
Don't forget her big yap mouthing off when she told the NRA to "score this". Hope the beeotch gets unelected next time around.

tous
12-31-2012, 13:20
'bruno, you live in Missouri. 80% decent, hard-working Americans anchored on the east and west sides by people's republics.

Come to Texas.
We have cookies.

<--- useded to live in St. Peters
<--- escaped

blkpag1
12-31-2012, 13:26
This was the exact same response word for word that I received from her.

itisbruno
12-31-2012, 13:30
'bruno, you live in Missouri. 80% decent, hard-working Americans anchored on the east and west sides by people's republics.

Come to Texas.
We have cookies.

<--- useded to live in St. Peters
<--- escaped

Dood, I was born there and the folks dragged me away. Just got back from a 3 day dog training trip to Dallas tho, good times.

Figures it was a canned response. In my reply I will let her know that my mother, father, niece and nephew are all joining the NRA thatnks to her repsonse.

:supergrin:

el_jewapo
12-31-2012, 13:32
It's one thing for the media to not understand that the second amendment is not about hunting. It's quite another for someone with an actual say in the matter not to know. That just burns my ass.

ray9898
12-31-2012, 13:36
#2. Remind her that the Batman shooter used a pump shotgun and ask why she doesn't think we should ban pump shotguns. (Call it a death spraying assault shotgun with a shoulder thing that goes up).

He used an AR-15 with a beta mag which jammed followed by a pistol.

itisbruno
12-31-2012, 13:40
He used an AR-15 with a beta mag which jammed followed by a pistol.

Thanks for the clarification ray.

ray9898
12-31-2012, 13:53
Thanks for the clarification ray.

The catch is if he had not used such a crappy high capacity mag that jammed there is no telling what the death count would have been. I guarantee if all 70 were shot with the rifle you would have had far more than 12 fatalities.

sciolist
12-31-2012, 14:02
AR's are not military weapons, and they are not primarily designed for killing people. They are used widely for hunting. They are essentially prescriptive in 3-Gun and other multi-gun shooting sports. They are by definition civilian rifles. There is just no getting around the fact that AR's are civilian sporting guns.

An IPSC Open gun would be much more effective for shooting up a school than an AR. The Open gun has a pistol grip, 30-round mag, optic, threaded bbl/comp - just like the AR. The sole purpose of the Open gun is sport. They are used all over the world in events sanctioned by an international confederation.

Take the focus off of equating sport shooting with hunting. Nothing gets killed at USPSA matches.

The fact that something can be used as a weapon of assault does not mean it exists inherently for that purpose. If she wants to argue on the basis of fact, you will win, because fact is on your side.

Gun control is designed to appeal to the emotions of people who don’t know much about guns. It is not founded in fact. Feinstein and Brady are not going to take your guns. It’s the soccer moms with no skin in the game who are going to take your guns.

ray9898
12-31-2012, 14:14
AR's are not military weapons, and they are not primarily designed for killing people.

.....and that is where gun owners start losing credibility by playing semantics. There is no way to hide the fact that high capacity rifles modeled around the M4 and AK are efficient weapons. That is why the military carries their full auto brothers and why the semi versions are prevalent in the LE and civilian world for self defense.

Gun owners need to simply stick to the most basic argument. Criminals do not follow laws so any regulation will only harm the law abiding citizen. It is proven that previous AWB's did nothing to reduce crime.

professorpinki
12-31-2012, 14:39
Here is her response to the email I sent her urging no knee jerk reactions on gun control:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, as well as gun control policy and gun safety. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

On Friday, December 14, 2012, a gunman entered Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, and began shooting teachers and students before taking his own life. This horrific tragedy took the lives of 27 people, including 20 children seven years of age and younger. As a mother, I'm horrified and stunned by the senseless violence against innocent children and teachers.

This tragedy has led to renewed and important discussions about gun control, which is often a divisive topic in our nation. The loss of so many beautiful children in a mass shooting that involved an assault rifle with ammunition clips that held large numbers of bullets makes clear that we need to revisit the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 and review permissible magazine ammunition sizes. I am also supportive of closing the gun show loophole and making sure that those with court-determined, dangerous mental health diagnoses do not get access to guns. Finally, it is equally clear that we must reconsider the mental health services available to our citizens, knowing that each mass shooting our nation has experienced involved individuals with substantial mental health problems. "Obamacare" will expand important mental health coverage when it is implemented in 2014. Protecting our children and our citizens will require us to come together to find real solutions that cover a broad range of factors that have contributed to these horrific incidents.

I firmly believe that an attempt to promote appropriate gun safety measures can be done without infringing upon law-abiding citizens' right to own firearms or unduly burdening the hunting and sportsmanship culture of Missouri. Weapons designed primarily for the use of soldiers to kill people in war are not used in hunting and can be reasonably limited without jeopardizing any rights under the Second Amendment. I believe the horror of the Newtown shootings makes clear that we must get to work protecting our communities and our children from mass slaughter, while also protecting our Second Amendment rights. I am hopeful that the National Rifle Association, a significant voice in this discussion, will be a constructive part of this dialogue.

Even as I welcome this renewed debate, please know that I will continue to protect the Second Amendment Rights of law-abiding citizens to safely own and use appropriate firearms. In the past, I have voted to permit residents of the District of Columbia to own and purchase firearms. I also supported an amendment to a spending bill that would prevent funding for any international organization, including the United Nations, that places a tax on any firearm owned by a United States citizen. I have opposed other inappropriate measures, such as forcing Missouri to accept other states' firearms laws.

As your United States Senator, I will keep your thoughts in mind anytime Congress considers gun-related legislation. In the wake of the Newtown tragedy, my prayers are with the students and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary, and with their families. All Americans are outraged at senseless and criminal gun violence no matter where they may fall in the debate on guns in American society. A renewed national conversation has begun and we must all be a constructive and open-minded part of it. There is middle ground here, where this nation can come together with sensible laws that prevent the mass murder of innocent citizens, while we continue to respect our Constitution and its Second Amendment rights.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Claire McCaskill
United States Senator

P.S. If you would like more information about resources that can help Missourians, or what I am doing in the Senate on your behalf, please sign up for my email newsletter at http://mccaskill.senate.gov.

Neither she nor the staffer is reading your first email or any reply. That's a cookie cutter copy pasta reply she sent, so why waste your time?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

blkpag1
12-31-2012, 14:57
She doesn't care. She has never cared. I let her know that if she backed ANY new gun control bills, not only will she not recieve my vote (not that she would anyway), but I promised to support her opponent no matter what office she EVER runs for. I intend to keep this promise.

MsterMike
12-31-2012, 15:02
Useless to reply to HER, better to send as much money as you can afford to lobbyists for gun rights.

Money is the lubricant for the Machine of Washington.

oldsoldier
12-31-2012, 15:16

Me two. One of her assistants is sending that form letter out. Nothing new there. Her office always does that. I replied back to her letter but didn't keep what I said. Basically I told her she is full of ****.

DustyJacket
12-31-2012, 15:20
Simply put forth: You were voted in and can be easily be cast out.
I tried that with TARP, Obamacare, and the Stimulus package.

She did what they wanted, and still got re-elected.

:steamed:

Gunny Lingus
12-31-2012, 15:24
That was a form letter\email penned to send to anyone who contacted her regarding gun control.

She will never see your reply. Her staff will read it, and add one to the yes or no column.

fx77
12-31-2012, 15:26
Wow a form letter...more than I got from my Senators ....ready....
Gillebrand and Schumer... laugh is on me and the constitution

SouthpawG26
12-31-2012, 15:30
Since your reply won't matter one way or the other, at least put her straight on the mag vs clip thing...

sciolist
12-31-2012, 15:39
.....and that is where gun owners start losing credibility by playing semantics. There is no way to hide the fact that high capacity rifles modeled around the M4 and AK are efficient weapons. That is why the military carries their full auto brothers and why the semi versions are prevalent in the LE and civilian world for self defense.

Gun owners need to simply stick to the most basic argument. Criminals do not follow laws so any regulation will only harm the law abiding citizen. It is proven that previous AWB's did nothing to reduce crime.

I'm not playing semantics; I'm addressing one of gun control proponents' arguments Ė which is that thereís no legitimate sporting purpose for ARís. That is not true. It is a very long way from being true.

I have an AR. It is a game gun. I built is specifically for that purpose. The likelihood Iíd need 30 rounds of .223 for self defense is comically remote. The likelihood Iíll need it for a 3-Gun stage is 100%.

frank4570
12-31-2012, 15:44
How much is she really going to read? Tell her if she shpports a magazine ban you will find somebody else to vote into office.

fwm
01-01-2013, 14:37

Remember how the idiot republican running against her ruined a sure thing with his stupidity. To many reasonable people found him totally unacceptable. Me I still voted for the idiot because I hate CMcM

matt_lowry123
01-01-2013, 19:22
I bet if we all sent different emails and letters. We'd all get the same response. I highly doubt they even read your email.

Caver 60
01-01-2013, 19:43
Pretty sure they use the 'yes' 'no' method of tabulating things, and send out cockroach letters for reply. So keep those letters coming in.

In case you don't know what a 'cockroach letter' is:

Back in the days when airliners still served inflight lunches, a guy opened his meal and a cockroach came running out of the bag. He wrote the president of the airline with a strong letter of complaint.

A few days later he got a nice letter of response thinking him very much for bringing this matter to the presidents attention and outlining all the new procedures that were being implemented to assure this never happened again.

Unfortunately the presidents secretary had left the presidents buck slip attached. It read: 'Send this so and so the cockroach letter.'

I got a feeling she and the other anti-gunners think gun owners are cockroaches.

DustyJacket
01-02-2013, 22:25
Still waiting for my form letter.
I think we have crossed lines so much, my messages are ignored.

JayAK
01-02-2013, 23:05
Weapons designed primarily for the use of soldiers to kill people in war are not used in hunting and can be reasonably limited without jeopardizing any rights under the Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

:steamed:

Front Sight
01-03-2013, 03:49
The Second Amendment does not say anything about hunting.
The Bill of Rights is about "FREEDOM".
Don't blame the millions of law abiding firearms owners for the irresponsible acts of someone else.

voyager4520
01-03-2013, 04:32
Obviously your senator is a crazy liberal and there's no point arguing with her. Reply to her in the form of a ballot in the next election.

What kills me is that so many of them actually oppose putting police officers in schools, they don't mind watching children die to advance their political agenda.

kb18no1
01-03-2013, 13:20
Not sure if this has been covered.

How about locking up AR15s?

That makes more sense to me. Don't allow anyone under 21 to have access. This would be more practical and NO one seems to bring it up. It would cost the consumer a bunch of money on safes but would reduce the chance of criminals and crazy people getting them.

DustyJacket
03-04-2013, 18:28
Quoted for comparison:

This is how my first letter was replied to, as well;Here is her response to the email I sent her urging no knee jerk reactions on gun control:

Sincerely,

Claire McCaskill
United States Senator

And now she is switching her tune a bit.
Either is is better at hiding her thoughts, or all the e-mils scared her and let her know her job is on the line:

March 3, 2013

Dear Mr. <dustyjacket>,
Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control policy and gun safety. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, the Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees Americans the fundamental right to bear arms. I strongly support legal and safe gun ownership by law-abiding citizens and have consistently voted to uphold this constitutional right. I welcomed and supported the recent Supreme Court decision in the District of Columbia v. Heller case that made clear that the constitutional right to gun ownership is an individual one.

At the same time, we have to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of individuals who should not have them. We should have sensible, constitutional controls on gun ownership that address safety in our communities, like preventing the mentally ill and criminals from possessing guns.

Recent tragedies, such as the mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado, and the horrific events in Newtown, Connecticut, have made it clear that our nation's current gun laws should be reconsidered. Efforts to close the gun show loophole, provide for universal background checks on all guns sales, and to ensure that those with court-determined, dangerous mental health diagnoses do not get access to guns are being considered. While I want to closely study any proposal before I vote on it, I welcome these initiatives, because they represent sensible steps to keep our communities safe while respecting gun ownership rights. Importantly, legal experts believe each of these steps is consistent with the Second Amendment.

Knowing that those responsible for some of the most prominent mass shootings in recent history have suffered from mental illness, it is equally clear that we must also consider mental health services available to our citizens. A more robust mental health care system may help identify and treat individuals who need help before they resort to violence. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly known as "Obamacare," will substantially expand important mental health coverage when it is fully implemented in 2014. I am hopeful that efforts to repeal these vital expansions in mental health care will come to an end, while new efforts will be undertaken to expand access to care.

Importantly, I firmly believe that an attempt to promote appropriate gun safety measures can be done without infringing upon law-abiding citizens' right to own firearms or unduly burdening the hunting and sportsmanship culture of Missouri.

You may be interested to know that, in the past, my commitment to respecting the Second Amendment has led me to vote to permit residents of the District of Columbia to own and purchase firearms and to prevent funding for any international organization, including the United Nations, that places a tax on any firearm owned by a United States citizen.

While the debate over appropriate gun control measures is divisive, I believe there is middle ground here. This nation can come together to support sensible laws that prevent the mass murder of innocent citizens -- especially innocent children -- while we continue to respect our constitution and its Second Amendment rights. Please know that, as your United States Senator, I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress considers gun-related legislation in the months ahead.

Sincerely,
http://i29.tinypic.com/6rjau1.png
Claire McCaskill
United States Senator
P.S. If you would like more information about resources that can help Missourians, or what I am doing in the Senate on your behalf, please sign up for my email newsletter at http://mccaskill.senate.gov (http://mccaskill.senate.gov/).

DustyJacket
03-04-2013, 18:30
Quoted for comparison:

This is how my first letter was replied to, as well;Here is her response to the email I sent her urging no knee jerk reactions on gun control:

Sincerely,

Claire McCaskill
United States Senator

Either is is better at hiding her thoughts, or all the e-mils scared her and let her know her job is on the line:

March 3, 2013

Dear Mr. <dustyjacket>,
Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control policy and gun safety. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.
As you know, the Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees Americans the fundamental right to bear arms. I strongly support legal and safe gun ownership by law-abiding citizens and have consistently voted to uphold this constitutional right. I welcomed and supported the recent Supreme Court decision in the District of Columbia v. Heller case that made clear that the constitutional right to gun ownership is an individual one.

At the same time, we have to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of individuals who should not have them. We should have sensible, constitutional controls on gun ownership that address safety in our communities, like preventing the mentally ill and criminals from possessing guns.

Recent tragedies, such as the mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado, and the horrific events in Newtown, Connecticut, have made it clear that our nation's current gun laws should be reconsidered. Efforts to close the gun show loophole, provide for universal background checks on all guns sales, and to ensure that those with court-determined, dangerous mental health diagnoses do not get access to guns are being considered. While I want to closely study any proposal before I vote on it, I welcome these initiatives, because they represent sensible steps to keep our communities safe while respecting gun ownership rights. Importantly, legal experts believe each of these steps is consistent with the Second Amendment.

Knowing that those responsible for some of the most prominent mass shootings in recent history have suffered from mental illness, it is equally clear that we must also consider mental health services available to our citizens. A more robust mental health care system may help identify and treat individuals who need help before they resort to violence. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly known as "Obamacare," will substantially expand important mental health coverage when it is fully implemented in 2014. I am hopeful that efforts to repeal these vital expansions in mental health care will come to an end, while new efforts will be undertaken to expand access to care.

Importantly, I firmly believe that an attempt to promote appropriate gun safety measures can be done without infringing upon law-abiding citizens' right to own firearms or unduly burdening the hunting and sportsmanship culture of Missouri.

You may be interested to know that, in the past, my commitment to respecting the Second Amendment has led me to vote to permit residents of the District of Columbia to own and purchase firearms and to prevent funding for any international organization, including the United Nations, that places a tax on any firearm owned by a United States citizen.

While the debate over appropriate gun control measures is divisive, I believe there is middle ground here. This nation can come together to support sensible laws that prevent the mass murder of innocent citizens -- especially innocent children -- while we continue to respect our constitution and its Second Amendment rights. Please know that, as your United States Senator, I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress considers gun-related legislation in the months ahead.

Sincerely,
http://i29.tinypic.com/6rjau1.png
Claire McCaskill
United States Senator
P.S. If you would like more information about resources that can help Missourians, or what I am doing in the Senate on your behalf, please sign up for my email newsletter at http://mccaskill.senate.gov (http://mccaskill.senate.gov/).

itisbruno
03-04-2013, 18:39
Quoted for comparison:

This is how my first letter was replied to, as well;

thanks for sharing Dusty, my money is on the former though

:sigh:

norton
03-04-2013, 18:51
FWIW, I received a letter from one of my Senators in the mail today.
Dan Coats replied "I will not support any legislation or executive action that would serve to undermine ownership rights for responsible , law abiding citizens, including any assault weapons ban.

He will cancel out McCaskill's vote. :supergrin: