Top 5 gun control graphs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 gun control graphs

KennyFSU
12-31-2012, 03:40
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-top-5-gun-control-graphs-their.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gommer
12-31-2012, 07:04
Nice. I love the comment someone made about how safe Mexico is.

Priceless proof of ignorance. :upeyes:

KennyFSU
12-31-2012, 08:06
I saw that too, thankfully someone shot that one down.

Bren
12-31-2012, 08:32
This story, mentioned in the comments, is very interesting too.

Timeline of the worst mass shooting incidents across the globe over the past two decades (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/timeline-worst-mass-shootings-globe-article-1.1220608#ixzz2Gdyf1aOj)

The best a gun controller could get from that is - gun control does absolutely nothing to prevent mass shootings. Just yesterday I saw the UK and Germany cited as examples of very strict gun control, yet, even with strict gun control, historically lower gun ownership, and much, much smaller populations, there they are. France, I expect, is also very strict, yet makes the list repeatedly.

Did the one guy reall cite Mexico? Mexco has more the 5 times the murder rate of the U.S. and is a shining example of proof that gun control doesn't help and may make crime worse. In Mexico, they repeatedly find mass graves with more bodies than our occasional mass shooting.

KennyFSU
12-31-2012, 09:56
Thanks, Bren. What makes the US look a lot worse in that link is that out of the 22 mass shootings listed, 8 of them took place in the US.

However, I believe it's because of the fact the US is just that much larger than some of the countries listed so it's simply a larger statistic.

ratf51
12-31-2012, 12:34
Tagged.

FullClip
12-31-2012, 12:46
The sad thing is that the country is now ruled by emotion rather than fact.:upeyes:

The free phone deal and extending "entitlements" to the uniformed and uncaring has tipped the political scales....and maybe for a long long time.

spcwes
01-01-2013, 12:43
Tagged