Multiple deaths - bus crash in Oregon. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Multiple deaths - bus crash in Oregon.

Gallium
12-31-2012, 04:03
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/killed-oregon-tour-bus-crash-84-18096026#.UOFwyoak3SY

I have been on that butt clenching section of I-84.

9 dead, 20 injured.

eracer
12-31-2012, 04:46
The horror.

(And in before the "ban high-capacity buses" crowd...)

Resqu2
12-31-2012, 04:56
Sad story and I hate to say it but its time to ban these deadly busses, or at least limit them to 10 or less passengers. It's for the children you know.

DAIadvisor
12-31-2012, 06:49
Sad story and I hate to say it but its time to ban these deadly busses, or at least limit them to 10 or less passengers. It's for the children you know.

I am waiting for someone to say "buses are not designed to kill people". Well, yeah - but they sure do a great job at it.

DaleGribble
01-01-2013, 06:46
Condolences to the victims & their families.

As a nation it's time that we reflect and take a look within ourselves and examine what we as a nation can do, through legislation, to stop horrible tragedies like this from happening again.

Gallium
01-01-2013, 09:07
Condolences to the victims & their families.

As a nation it's time that we reflect and take a look within ourselves and examine what we as a nation can do, through legislation, to stop horrible tragedies like this from happening again.

I know you've worked accident scenes before, so I am sure you can imagine just how crappy it was for those injured AND rescue personnel.

One of my buds is a 1st responder who worked Sandy Hook. Everyone that asks him, he told them he had that day off. He was there, but is only discussing it with likewise trained rescue folks. EVERYONE who knows he is a FF/Paramedic ([paid FF, paid Medic, volley EMT] but not in Newtown!) is asking him the same dumb stupid questions without any consideration for his frame of mind.