G26 for Conceal Carry - Advice Needed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G26 for Conceal Carry - Advice Needed

AC_36
12-31-2012, 09:13
I've been considering a G26/27 purchase for sometime now. My primary EDC has been a Smith 638 (Ankle Glove) or an LCP in a Hays Pancake holster. I like the reliability & versatility of Glock.

The question on my mind is conceal carry options. I'm not a fan of pocket or IWB, as neither have been comfortable for me & IWB really isn't a viable option due to my required style of dress.

So, what are you guys & gals using daily? If you have pics I'd love to see them. Thanks for the help.

AC

TSAX
12-31-2012, 09:32
Here is an option you can look at

Ankle Carry Method: Glock 27 - YouTube

Desantis Apache Ankle Holster (Glock 26) - YouTube

:50cal:

Bruce M
12-31-2012, 09:43
While not optimum if one has to draw quickly an ankle holster is certainly better than no gun. Maybe an OWB holster underneath an untucked shirt. Supposedly a shirt with a pattern works better than a solid color. Maybe this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Leonardi-Pink-Magenta-Purple-Paisley-High-Class-French-Cuff-Dress-Shirt-/120970903222?pt=US_Men_s_Dress_Shirts&var=420089806997&hash=item1c2a6d7eb6

ctkenc
12-31-2012, 11:15
While not optimum if one has to draw quickly an ankle holster is certainly better than no gun. Maybe an OWB holster underneath an untucked shirt. Supposedly a shirt with a pattern works better than a solid color. Maybe this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Leonardi-Pink-Magenta-Purple-Paisley-High-Class-French-Cuff-Dress-Shirt-/120970903222?pt=US_Men_s_Dress_Shirts&var=420089806997&hash=item1c2a6d7eb6

Only if it comes with Matching Socks and I can wear them with Sandals and bright paterned Bermuda Shorts in Fluorescent Lime Green :faint:

F-111 John
12-31-2012, 12:26
I was used to carrying a J-Frame Smith IWB, and just bought my first semi-auto, a G26 Gen 3. Using the same brand of IWB holster (Old Faithful) I'm finding that the Glock doesn't carry as well. The thickness compared to the J-Frame isn't the issue, it is the length of the slide poking me in the ribs. I'm getting used to it, but the "baby" Glock isn't LCP-sized by any means.

Why not try another Hays Pancake for the G26?

conpro
12-31-2012, 12:52
Ive been carrying a GLOCK 26 for 2 years now in a paddle holster and love it, sometimes i forget i have it on.

SCmasterblaster
12-31-2012, 13:28
Maybe a shoulder holster is for you. I have used a Bianchi SH for my G17, Very comfortable.

poodleplumber
12-31-2012, 13:37
I usually carry IWB with an appropriate cover garment. I am a medical professional, so I go from dress jacket to lab coat in the privacy of my office. There are also, contrary to what some people say, quite a few tasteful tail-out shirts available for casual wear.

What might interest you the most, though, is a tuckable holster. The larger hybrid holsters are the most popular, but DeSantis also makes a sort of minimalist tuckable holster called the SofTuck. I use one in a weekly situation that is rather unique to me: I am also a classical pianist, and I wear the tuck holster on Sundays when I am obliged to change in front of other people (choir members and other musicians) from my sport coat or suit jacket into an ecclesiastical robe for church services. The clip is very inconspicuous, and no one has ever noticed either the clip or the pistol proper.

220-9er
12-31-2012, 14:09
I carry a G27 in an IWB and a kangaroo carry. http://www.kangaroocarry.com/
The kangaroo carry isn't quite as accessible but I carry it a lot more often because it conceals so well and is comfortable.

racer88
12-31-2012, 14:22
IWB really isn't a viable option due to my required style of dress.

AC

What is it about your style of dress that precludes IWB? Just curious.

4Rules
12-31-2012, 15:11
Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women - YouTube

4Rules
12-31-2012, 15:17
“The Keeper” Appendix Carry Holster (http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/the-keeper-appendix-carry-holster)
Written by Greg Ellifritz
http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/the-keeper-appendix-carry-holster

Sgt.K
12-31-2012, 15:22
Glock sport/combat with a G26 now replaced with a Gen 4 19. It conceals just as well as the my 26 does. Not sure what you mean by "required style of dress" though.

SouthpawG26
12-31-2012, 16:13
Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk)

Will have to watch that again. I did notice the awesome guns, but no firearms or holsters.......oh well...

robhic
12-31-2012, 16:37
No one has mentioned a belly-band type holster, yet. I think if all other styles are not an option, it could be. I think it is harder to access and re-holster, but, as Bruce M. says, would be better than no gun at all.

Or what about a Remora? It is IWB but sorta like Mexican carry (as is a M.I.C. holster) but covers the trigger. So there's 3 ideas that you might find useful.

AC_36
12-31-2012, 17:10
I appreciate all of the good info. What I meant by" required style of dress" is that I pretty much have to wear khakis & a tucked in shirt for work. It's easier to carry both IWB & OWB in the winter, but I find I definitely prefer OWB. I'm just curious about what others have success with.

packinaglock
12-31-2012, 18:05
Will have to watch that again. I did notice the awesome guns, but no firearms or holsters.......oh well...

Same here, even at fifty I can't keep focused on anything but the hooters. :embarassed:

racer88
12-31-2012, 18:09
I appreciate all of the good info. What I meant by" required style of dress" is that I pretty much have to wear khakis & a tucked in shirt for work. It's easier to carry both IWB & OWB in the winter, but I find I definitely prefer OWB. I'm just curious about what others have success with.

I wear dress slacks and a tucked in business shirt every day at the office. I wear a Crossbreed Supertuck carrying a Glock 27 every day. It conceals just fine, and I'm sure because I work in VERY close proximity to many people every day. They DON'T KNOW.

DaneA
12-31-2012, 19:28
I wear dress slacks and a tucked in business shirt every day at the office. I wear a Crossbreed Supertuck carrying a Glock 27 every day. It conceals just fine, and I'm sure because I work in VERY close proximity to many people every day. They DON'T KNOW.

I'm the same way. It would cost me my job is someone found out. 2 years and no one knows.

Tx-SIG229
12-31-2012, 20:17
my office is business casual too but i have no problems packing a G19 in a CBST with shirt tucked in. when i dont feel like tucking the shirt in, i wear any polo-type shirt with the glock sport holster OWB or a short sleeve button down shirt thats designed to be untucked. also, during the 3 or 4 days it gets cold down here each year, i actually will wear a warm weather vest at work, which is nice bc i can keep spare mags in the pocket

SCmasterblaster
01-01-2013, 09:40
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

azbuckeye
01-01-2013, 09:48
I have a Raven Concealment Kydex OWB holster for my G26 and it's great. I carry all day without any issues and it's easily covered with a t-shirt or light jacket. I like it so much I just recently ordered the same holster for my G19.

SCmasterblaster
01-01-2013, 10:22
The G26 is a nice little gun. For ammo, I'd use 9mm Federal 115gr JHP +p+ loads. You'd get 1250 FPS.

rtba26
01-01-2013, 12:46
I have a G26 and started carrying in October. I have the Desantis Apache ankle holster and carry daily - forget that I have it on. Don't have anything to compare it to (first handgun and holster), but I am happy carrying the G26 on the ankle. Don't think I could be comfortable enough with any other concealed method (around the waist area). In the summer I have a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster I will try in my shorts/cargo shorts.

SCmasterblaster
01-01-2013, 15:41
I have a G26 and started carrying in October. I have the Desantis Apache ankle holster and carry daily - forget that I have it on. Don't have anything to compare it to (first handgun and holster), but I am happy carrying the G26 on the ankle. Don't think I could be comfortable enough with any other concealed method (around the waist area). In the summer I have a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster I will try in my shorts/cargo shorts.

You forget that you don't have a 30-ounce pistol in your ankle holster? You must have 30 oz in your other ankle.

jsalty
01-01-2013, 19:13
I have 30 different holsters for my 27 and my favorite is the Glock Clip for IWB, no bulk, no fuss and rides low, easy to hide and access.

it is not the best for tucking the shirt in, I use a tuckable holster for that, just adds a bit of bulk or I bust out the LCP

GLJones
01-02-2013, 02:59
I have a Sidearmor IWB Kydex holster that works great for my wife and I. Sidearmor.com is where you can see them. Very good quality and a variety of belt hooks to choose from at different cant angles that are user changeable. Great customer service as well.

JuneyBooney
01-02-2013, 05:25
I've been considering a G26/27 purchase for sometime now. My primary EDC has been a Smith 638 (Ankle Glove) or an LCP in a Hays Pancake holster. I like the reliability & versatility of Glock.

The question on my mind is conceal carry options. I'm not a fan of pocket or IWB, as neither have been comfortable for me & IWB really isn't a viable option due to my required style of dress.

So, what are you guys & gals using daily? If you have pics I'd love to see them. Thanks for the help.

AC

IWB works well with the baby Glocks and OWB does too. The ankle works even though the gun is heavy but in most cases the firearm is not needed in such a rapid response unless in a high crime area.

RussP
01-02-2013, 10:26
I appreciate all of the good info. What I meant by" required style of dress" is that I pretty much have to wear khakis & a tucked in shirt for work. It's easier to carry both IWB & OWB in the winter, but I find I definitely prefer OWB. I'm just curious about what others have success "with.Tucked in shirt," is that a company shirt with logo or specified color?

Reason I asked, if not, perhaps a banded bottom shirt might be acceptable. I worked in a business environment and carried IWB wearing them.

The bottom of the shirt is snug around/just above your hips and blouses out around the waist.

Search for "banded bottom shirt".

Seriously?
01-02-2013, 12:13
I've been using a pocket holster (right front) with Cabela's casual pants and shorts for the G26 for years.

Works perfect......no problems of ANY kind.

Re-think the pocket carry. I tried everything else and nothing worked in hot weather except pocket carry.