republican tom petri is going to vote FOR a hi-cap ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : republican tom petri is going to vote FOR a hi-cap ban

lunarspeak
12-31-2012, 12:31
as you know a bill to ban hi-cap mags will be introduced this thursday by diana gette..

two republicans stated they would be open to vote yes for such a ban..chris stewert and tom petri

after a onslaught of e-mails and face book postings mr stewart has changed his mind and is now the poster child for the NRA

but republican tom peti seems not to want to respond...maybe he doesnt realize how many of his constituents are outraged about this......or maybe he just doesnt give a dam:steamed:

lets write him and let him know how we feel....if we were to flip back two guys that were going to cross partylines and were the two mentioned in the huff post article it may send a small message to any other flippers

http://www.facebook.com/thomaspetri?fref=ts

https://petri.house.gov/contact-me/email-me

https://petri.house.gov/contact-me/request-meeting

aircarver
12-31-2012, 12:33
Make sure mr. petri understands he will face a primary challenge from the tea party next time, then follow through ...

paynter2
12-31-2012, 12:37
Make sure mr. petri understands he will face a primary challenge from the tea party next time, then follow through ...

He'll probably switch parties and become a DemocRAT. No primary and plenty of 47%ers in Cheese Land. :steamed:

ditto1958
12-31-2012, 12:41
Hrmph. He knocked on my door once, and let him in, shook his hand and let him give me a brochure. This had to be over 30 years ago. He must really be a career politician.

dango
12-31-2012, 12:44
It's time to let him know his political career is over...! Push the wrong button , get the wrong prize.....!

cmb
12-31-2012, 12:50
He'll be welcome when he goes on over to the Democrat Party where he belongs.Yes, I said {DEMOCRAT} party,there's nothing 'DEMOCRATIC' about 'em.

Wake_jumper
12-31-2012, 12:55
Hrmph. He knocked on my door once, and let him in, shook his hand and let him give me a brochure. This had to be over 30 years ago. He must really be a career politician.

He was elected in 1979. Maybe he is thinking of retiring and doesn't care.

lunarspeak
12-31-2012, 13:23
https://petri.house.gov/contact-me/email-me

http://www.facebook.com/#!/thomaspetri?fref=ts

https://petri.house.gov/contact-me/request-meeting

frank4570
12-31-2012, 13:35
"Zip Code Authentication Failed"

DaleGribble
12-31-2012, 13:44
He doesn't ALLOW non-constituents to email him through his Congressional web page. That should tell everyone exactly what we need to know about Mr. Petri!!

OctoberRust
12-31-2012, 13:47
Well then. What's the zip code?...

frank4570
12-31-2012, 13:50
Well then. What's the zip code?...

It is very likely we will get an address fail unless we use an actual real correct address.

Cali-Glock
12-31-2012, 13:53
republican tom petri is going to vote FOR a hi-cap ban

as you know a bill to ban hi-cap mags will be introduced this thursday by diana gette..

two republicans stated they would be open to vote yes for such a ban..chris stewert and tom petri

Well a high-cap ban would leave 30 round standard mags still available for ARs and AKs, and 17 round mags for the Glock 17, but would perhaps ban 120 round drums and 33 round Glock 18 mags... correct?

Or are you talking about a standard capacity ban... if so, we have already lost the battle if we use their MISLEADING, PROPAGANDIST, MADE UP TERM "high cap" to refer to standard capacity magazines...

frank4570
12-31-2012, 15:56
Maybe we can get to this guy through facebook. I'm outside of his area, but I would really like to drop him a note.

Atlas
12-31-2012, 15:59
It's time to let him know his political career is over...! Push the wrong button , get the wrong prize.....!

Watch...
You'll see some from both sides of the aisle sell out.
And I mean literally, SELL out.

Don't imagine for a moment there are not congressmen/women who will happily sell their political future for the right price.

And the money to purchase those votes WILL appear, as if by magic.

dbcooper
12-31-2012, 16:01
Now known throughout the land as

Last Term Tom Petri

I've never really actively campaigned for anyone but I will spend every waking moment working against anyone that supports this bilge.

NEOH212
12-31-2012, 16:05
Well, I know of at least one Republican that's getting voted out next election. :supergrin:

lunarspeak
12-31-2012, 16:07
Maybe we can get to this guy through facebook. I'm outside of his area, but I would really like to drop him a note.

54935 works 54936 , 54937

tnedator
12-31-2012, 16:08
Well a high-cap ban would leave 30 round standard mags still available for ARs and AKs, and 17 round mags for the Glock 17, but would perhaps ban 120 round drums and 33 round Glock 18 mags... correct?

Or are you talking about a standard capacity ban... if so, we have already lost the battle if we use their MISLEADING, PROPAGANDIST, MADE UP TERM "high cap" to refer to standard capacity magazines...

We'll see when it's posted, but typically when they talk hi-cap they are talking anything in excess of 10. So, that would mean you standard G17 and AR mags are history.

cesaros
12-31-2012, 16:09
Maybe one day people will learn not to vote just Dem/Rep...they like to turn their backs on their people.

Not surprised about this guy...and not surprised many other republicans are doing this. democrats and republicans are the same, its all about the 'flavor of the month' and whats popular.

The Fed
12-31-2012, 16:12
WHICH two RINO's said they would support it?

clint curtis
12-31-2012, 16:21
James Sensenbrenner jr.from Wisconsin responded to my email with "as someone who sponsored the Brady bill, I support reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of convicted felons and the mentally ill". I was suprised that being a Republican, he was a sponsor of the Brady bill! Wasn't Brady shot with a .22 revolver?

lunarspeak
12-31-2012, 16:32
We'll see when it's posted, but typically when they talk hi-cap they are talking anything in excess of 10. So, that would mean you standard G17 and AR mags are history.

i still dont understand why everyone on GT believes the cut off number for 'hi-capacity' is 10.....what if the bill says that any mag that holds more then 7 is high capacity...this goes for lever actions also..

there may be a bill being put together now that would restict us to single shot rifles and shotguns

everyone stop assumeing we will still have atleast 10 rounds

tnedator
12-31-2012, 16:54
i still dont understand why everyone on GT believes the cut off number for 'hi-capacity' is 10.....what if the bill says that any mag that holds more then 7 is high capacity...this goes for lever actions also..

there may be a bill being put together now that would restict us to single shot rifles and shotguns

Primarily because that's the number that has been used repeatedly by the anti-gun liberals showing up on all the talk shows, and that is the number posted on Feinstein's web page where she gives a summary of her bill. Will they go for something less than 10? Maybe, however based on what we currently know, 10+ is what they are considering hi-cap.

frank4570
12-31-2012, 17:16

That worked. I also joined facebook( just shoot me now) so that I can contact these people through that route. I contacted Petri, a lot of other people are expressing their opinions on his page. He may regret what he has said about magazine bans.
Leave him a message on facebook.

packinaglock
12-31-2012, 17:38

Worked for me thanks. :supergrin:

packinaglock
01-01-2013, 07:16
Come on boy's rise-n-shine shake off those hangovers and e-mail this guy. Nobody's gonna win this fight but us.

Dr.Crash
01-01-2013, 07:32

Its because thats what some are pushing just like in 94.... Here is one example...

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

frank4570
01-01-2013, 23:02
This guy is getting hammered on facebook. I hope the people of Wisconsin are pounding on him too.

Grabbrass
01-01-2013, 23:12
He was elected in 1979. Maybe he is thinking of retiring and doesn't care.

Not sure how to do a 'strike through' font here, but I fixed it for ya:

He was elected in 1979. Maybe he is thinking of retiring and cashing out.

lunarspeak
01-01-2013, 23:50
he still hasnt made any kind of stement

frank4570
01-02-2013, 08:25
he still hasnt made any kind of stement

Yeah, he has become quiet. I hope it's because he is afraid of more blowback.

cowboywannabe
01-02-2013, 08:28
and so the slide continues down the slope......