Occupy Wall Streeter Found with Explosives [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wall Streeter Found with Explosives

The Fed
12-31-2012, 13:38
And weapons - flare launcher, a commercial replica of a grenade launcher, a 12-gauge shotgun, ammunition and nine high-capacity rifle magazines. And the liberal aholes are worried about conservatives?

http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-couple-arrested-explosive-substance-found-155041549.html

TK-421
12-31-2012, 13:41
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. A lot of those people seem to be whack jobs.

Hailstorm
12-31-2012, 13:42
Anything involving guns is going to be bad for us. Doesn't matter what kind of dirtbag is doing it.

PBCounty
12-31-2012, 13:48
I wonder if the chick was hot.

ray9898
12-31-2012, 14:17
Many of those folks don't fit the conservative or liberal mold. There is a scattering of Anarchists who are using the "movement" as their own little mini revolution.

DanaT
12-31-2012, 14:24
And weapons - flare launcher,

Legal. Not even a firearm.

[QUOTE=The Fed;19802811]a commercial replica of a grenade launcher,

Something that does nothing. For looks. Legal and not dangerous.

a 12-gauge shotgun,

Could be any GTer

ammunition

What good is a gun without ammunition? I bet more than 3 GTers even own ammunition...

and nine high-capacity rifle magazines.

OMG. Someone with high cap mags. Never seen any of them on the GT classifieds.

And the liberal aholes are worried about conservatives?

I dont care if it is a "liberal" or a "conservative", they have rights to own weapons and ammunition. Even magazines.

I think if you look at GT you will see many members feel the same way about the "1%" or "the rich" as many OWSers. There are many threads where GTErs say the "companies" or "the rich" are screwing them.

LASTRESORT20
12-31-2012, 14:26
Far left wackos....

Read this article Pictures and a bit more information than Left-leaning Yahoo.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/bombmaking_in_the_village_LoRDqNzP02SDZyfC1pLVXN

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/12/31/news/web_photos/31.3n017.Powder1.C.TA--300x300.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/12/31/news/web_photos/31.3n017.Powder2--300x300.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/12/31/news/web_photos/31.3n017.Powder3--300x300.jpg
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/12/31/news/web_photos/31.3n017.Powder4--300x300.jpg

concretefuzzynuts
12-31-2012, 14:33
Another article said it was a sawed off shotgun- illegal.

shadow_dog
12-31-2012, 14:39
Lawyer representing the one dirtbag is a Pelosi. Any relation to the "lovely" Nancy Pelosi?

gwalchmai
12-31-2012, 15:36
I support the right of everyone - including whackos with political beliefs I disagree with - to keep and bear arms.

The Fed
12-31-2012, 15:42
[quote=The Fed;19802811]And weapons - flare launcher,

Legal. Not even a firearm.

Something that does nothing. For looks. Legal and not dangerous.

Could be any GTer

What good is a gun without ammunition? I bet more than 3 GTers even own ammunition...

OMG. Someone with high cap mags. Never seen any of them on the GT classifieds.

I dont care if it is a "liberal" or a "conservative", they have rights to own weapons and ammunition. Even magazines.

I think if you look at GT you will see many members feel the same way about the "1%" or "the rich" as many OWSers. There are many threads where GTErs say the "companies" or "the rich" are screwing them.

I guess you missed the parts about the explosives and terrorist handbook? I guess you think that's OK too?

DanaT
12-31-2012, 16:22
[quote=DanaT;19803000]

I guess you missed the parts about the explosives and terrorist handbook? I guess you think that's OK too?

What explosives? That is a very large term. Have any gun powder for reloading in your house? Have any tannerite in your house?

Terrorists handbooks I have no problem with. I could care less if you read Mein Kampf, The Anarchists Cookbook, The Communist Manifesto, etc. We have this little thing called "freedom of speech". If I say what you can and cannot read then freedom is gone.

PBCounty
12-31-2012, 16:35
Ok, so not hot.

*ASH*
12-31-2012, 16:37
I wonder if the chick was hot.

ask the resident leghumper , Fnfalman

vikingsoftpaw
12-31-2012, 17:06
[quote=The Fed;19803328]

What explosives? That is a very large term. Have any gun powder for reloading in your house? Have any tannerite in your house?

Terrorists handbooks I have no problem with. I could care less if you read Mein Kampf, The Anarchists Cookbook, The Communist Manifesto, etc. We have this little thing called "freedom of speech". If I say what you can and cannot read then freedom is gone.

The NY Post specifically mentioned that HMTD was found. I never heard of it until I Wiki-ed it.

HMTD is a highly sensitive compound listed as a primary (initiator) explosive.

EdTracker
12-31-2012, 17:40
"seven grams of a white chemical powder called HMTD". I would assume that is enough to get you in serious legal do do.

I had no idea the occupy crowd had the government's panties in a wad. They always seemed like a bunch of mooches whom didn't want to work.

Bren
12-31-2012, 17:43
Are their still "Occupiers" somewhere, or is he just a former "occupier"? I thought they crawled home a couple of years ago.

DanaT
12-31-2012, 18:17
"seven grams of a white chemical powder called HMTD". I would assume that is enough to get you in serious legal do do.

I had no idea the occupy crowd had the government's panties in a wad. They always seemed like a bunch of mooches whom didn't want to work.

7 GRAMS???? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

To put this in a more known quantity to shooters.. 108 GRAINS. So about 4 223 cartridges full.

This sounds hokey to me..

gwalchmai
12-31-2012, 18:27

To put this in a more known quantity to shooters.. 108 GRAINS. So about 4 223 cartridges full.

This sounds hokey to me..That does sound like "not a lot". Is it a forbidden substance? Isn't the terrorist's handbook available all over the web?

I'm not defending the guy, and I mostly consider the "occupiers" to be a bunch of losers, but it seems to me that we should be more concerned about what the guy did, or was verifiably planning to do, than what he had in his possession.

I mean, hell, how many of us have thousands of rounds of ammunition in our possession (not to mention box cutters)? I just don't think we should let the media, et al, get away with this fear-mongering.

Cochese
12-31-2012, 19:08

This sounds hokey to me..

Not sure of your knowledge of explosives but HMTD is crazy unstable unless it is totally pure. The crap you find in a whackos basement is almost certainly NOT pure and there is a ton of stuff that when mixed with it makes it go boom.

Seven grams is enough to make things interesting in an apartment. Especially if some poor bastard beat cop starts trying to field test it thinking it is meth or coke. It looks like dope at first glance.

I understand your reasoning behind what you are saying but they are clearly up to no good. Regardless, unregistered NFA weapons and explosives = illegal.

Fox
12-31-2012, 19:56
Are their still "Occupiers" somewhere, or is he just a former "occupier"? I thought they crawled home a couple of years ago.

The Weathermen Underground sprouted from the Students for a Democratic Society, a communist front organization that organized the massive student protests of the 1960's. The OWS is cut of the same cloth as the SDS.

These communist terrorist wannabes got burned by gun control laws that they support.

gwalchmai
12-31-2012, 20:16
I understand your reasoning behind what you are saying but they are clearly up to no good. Regardless, unregistered NFA weapons and explosives = illegal.Yes, you're correct, and we shouldn't lose sight of that fact. :thumbsup:

DanaT
12-31-2012, 22:38
Not sure of your knowledge of explosives but HMTD is crazy unstable unless it is totally pure. The crap you find in a whackos basement is almost certainly NOT pure and there is a ton of stuff that when mixed with it makes it go boom.

Seven grams is enough to make things interesting in an apartment. Especially if some poor bastard beat cop starts trying to field test it thinking it is meth or coke. It looks like dope at first glance.

I understand your reasoning behind what you are saying but they are clearly up to no good. Regardless, unregistered NFA weapons and explosives = illegal.

I am not seeing where it says "Sawed off shotgun" for an NFA weapon. Last paragraph, all I see is "a 12-gauge shotgun".

They are probably not up to anything good, but

Here is 0.2g.

HMTD - YouTube

Just a quick look (I have never been into making explosives myself but have dealt with some), the laws are very strange.

You get things like this all over the US Code

(c) It is an affirmative defense against any proceeding involving subsections (l) through (o) of section 842 if the proponent proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the plastic explosive—
(1) consisted of a small amount of plastic explosive intended for and utilized solely in lawful—
(A) research, development, or testing of new or modified explosive materials;
(B) training in explosives

(d) Whoever transports or receives, or attempts to transport or receive, in interstate or foreign commerce any explosive with the knowledge or intent that it will be used to kill, injure, or intimidate any individual or unlawfully to damage or destroy any building, vehicle, or other real or personal property, shall be imprisoned for not more than ten years, or fined under this title, or both;

Prohibition. It shall be unlawful for any person—
(A) to teach or demonstrate the making or use of an explosive, a destructive device, or a weapon of mass destruction, or to distribute by any means information pertaining to, in whole or in part, the manufacture or use of an explosive, destructive device, or weapon of mass destruction, with the intent that the teaching, demonstration, or information be used for, or in furtherance of, an activity that constitutes a Federal crime of violence;

It seems that explosive are legal/illegal depending upon the circumstances. Very strange laws. Seem easy to run afoul of.