Sent a letter to Feinstein. What do you think? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sent a letter to Feinstein. What do you think?

RetailNinjitsu
12-31-2012, 18:18
Senator Feinstein,

I am a police officer from New York State. In my opinion, your proposed legislation regarding the banning of "assault weapons" will do nothing to increase the safety of the American public. No piece of legislation will ever prevent evil people from committing criminal acts. This should be evident based on the obvious failure of your 1994 "Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act" (HR 4296). By definition, a criminal is a person who does not abide by the law. Your legislation will only serve to strip law abiding Americans of their individual liberty. It was the fear of such a gross government overstep that led our founders to draft the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment in particular was designed to ensure that government officials like you and I could never subjugate those who we are sworn to serve. I will never enforce your law or any like it. You and I took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. Fortunately, I have not forgotten it.

Respectfully,

cysoto
12-31-2012, 18:22
Other than the fact that this is a horribly long paragraph, it's not bad. Sadly, I don't see how this letter (or a million like it) is going to make her change her stance on the topic of gun-control.

*ASH*
12-31-2012, 18:24
send a million , she will see to her agenda . these emails and lettters never get read . if you were in such a power would you read them ? hell no lol

RenoF250
12-31-2012, 18:31
Senator Feinstein,

I am a police officer from New York State. In my opinion, your proposed legislation regarding the banning of "assault weapons" will do nothing to increase the safety of the American public.

No piece of legislation will ever prevent evil people from committing criminal acts. This should be evident based on the obvious failure of your 1994 "Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act" (HR 4296).

By definition, a criminal is a person who does not abide by the law. Your legislation will only serve to strip law abiding Americans of their individual liberty. It was the fear of such a gross government overstep that led our founders to draft the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment in particular was designed to ensure that government officials like you and I could never subjugate those who we are sworn to serve. I will never enforce your law or any like it. You and I took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. Fortunately, I have not forgotten it.

Respectfully,

I like it but I agree with the others she will not listen to anyone, she is a tyrant.

ysr_racer
12-31-2012, 18:33
Sent a letter to Feinstein. What do you think?

I think you just made the list buddy.

RetailNinjitsu
12-31-2012, 18:33
It is one huge paragraph because of the format of her website. I know that it will never matter...but I feel that it was my duty to write it anyway.

RetailNinjitsu
12-31-2012, 18:35
I think you just made the list buddy.

Do I get a button or a fan club card for my wallet? :tongueout:

dbcooper
12-31-2012, 18:38
Do I get a button or a fan club card for my wallet? :tongueout:

No, but your keystrokes will now be recorded, your phone tapped, and you can expect an audit.

Its double secret probation

Hamilton Burger
12-31-2012, 18:39
I like it but I agree with the others she will not listen to anyone, she is a tyrant.

If her handlers even let her see it, all she will get from it (ala Charlie Brown's teacher) is "Blah. Blah-blah. Buh-lah."

Her beliefs are alien, and she doesn't speak our language.

oldman11
12-31-2012, 18:40
Other than the fact that this is a horribly long paragraph, it's not bad. Sadly, I don't see how this letter (or a million like it) is going to make her change her stance on the topic of gun-control.
Good letter, but unfortunately she is not going to switch. To her gun-control is really Feinstein-control, and that is what she wants.

.45Super-Man
12-31-2012, 18:43
As well intentioned and honest as it may be, it's based on the belief that the recipient cares. Most people still can't wrap their heads around the fact that Feinstein went on record as being a gun owner and carried as well. She's just another authoritarian disguised as a liberal/democrat or republican.

Hamilton Burger
12-31-2012, 18:43
It is one huge paragraph because of the format of her website. I know that it will never matter...but I feel that it was my duty to write it anyway.

Maybe we should all copy and paste your letter as many times as it takes to get a response.

Have you a linky?

HarleyGuy
12-31-2012, 18:59
When the voters re-elected President Obama the Dem's considered it a mandate to pursue their liberal views and agenda's.
We have at least two more years of being subjected to higher taxes and more regulations.

WE need to focus on strenghting the NRA (increasing memberships) looking forward to recruiting and electing pro-gun candidates in every election (local, state, and federal) or else we will soon be hearing more talk of "confiscation of all guns".

Dem or Repub, conservative, liberal, you have to give Governor Cuomo-D, N.Y. credit for at least having the guts to say what must Dem's have been thinking for years.

Most of us have always said, and the anti-guners have denied, that "registration leads to confiscation" and now we have an elected official admitting to as much.

Consider the above when you go to the voting booth.

TactiCool
12-31-2012, 19:03
No, but your keystrokes will now be recorded, your phone tapped, and you can expect an audit.

Its double secret probation

:upeyes:

http://forums.radioreference.com/attachments/politics/36737d1334000666-lets-hear-some-great-thoughts-about-9-11-01-events-1333156269715.jpg

:tinfoil:

RetailNinjitsu
12-31-2012, 19:29
Maybe we should all copy and paste your letter as many times as it takes to get a response.

Have you a linky?

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/e-mail-me

G17Jake
12-31-2012, 19:33
Awesome.... thank you!

MoCop
12-31-2012, 19:34
Well stated, but as others have posted it won't get read. The kings and queens of this nation are going to do whatever they want no matter how much we object. And unfortunately, because we are law abiding citizens, will obey their laws while they continue to abuse their positions. And they know we will.

AKR
12-31-2012, 19:39
Great letter. It says a lot about your character and the lack of DF's character.

Nemesis.
12-31-2012, 19:46
A well reasoned and logical letter. Feinswine, however, is liberal Bay Area trash who wants neither reason nor logic. She wants what she wants. In this case, all your guns. Nothing less will appease this psychotic witch.

bobtheelf
12-31-2012, 19:48
She gets reelected with ~75% of the vote in California. She cares for nothing except more power and influence.

janice6
12-31-2012, 19:55
Thank you for your effort. It is very well done. Somethings must be said, even if no one listens.

Jbar4Ranch
12-31-2012, 20:11
The average lifespan today is 78.2 years... the good senator will be 80 in June...

winglock
12-31-2012, 20:17
Well intentioned. Just curious, a guy is doing 80 in a school zone and you stop him, can he talk himself out of a ticket. He has better chances with you than you do with her. Again, your good intentions are noted and thanks.

sombunya
12-31-2012, 20:18
I used to write letters to elected officials and only got one response that wasn't a form letter, because I insisted on a reply (from my Congressman).

You're much better off shortening it up some and sending it out to newspapers to run in their opinion section. That is the most read part of the paper.

When it appears, cut it out and mail THAT to Grandma Feinstein.

MadMonkey
12-31-2012, 20:24
You have a slim chance of changing someone's mind when they have a specific agenda.

sdsnet
12-31-2012, 21:18
Here is my attempt to get through...

Senator Feinstein,

I wanted to let you know there are millions of people like me who are educated, law abiding, responsible gun owners that do not appreciate your extreme positions on gun control. Your recent legislation shows your clear intent all along was to attack and infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights and not the safety of Americans. You clearly omit self defense and only mention hunting and sport in every gun control document you produce.

I abhor what has occurred recently with the terrible murders in Connecticut, Virginia and Colorado. As a realist I know that restricting the rights of the law abiding will do absolutely nothing to stop those that ignore the law from killing others. The Supreme Court ruled the police have no duty to protect individuals. If you cared at all about American citizens' safety and need to protect themselves and their families you would not dedicate your political career to gun control in this fashion.

More gun laws will embolden criminals and prevent the law abiding from protecting themselves. Why do you think that Chicago has such a high rate of crime and violence ? Criminals know they do not have gun owners to fear in that city. The same goes for D.C.

Armed guards are an acceptable solution for protecting our banks and to protect you and others in government. Why is it this is not an acceptable solution to protect our defenseless children and their teachers ? It is these and other similar positions that reveal to us that public safety is not what you are most concerned with.

I seriously doubt you will read this but hope someone does. Know there are many responsible citizens that see right through your intentions. We vote and we will be heard in the next elections.

Sincerely,

itstime
12-31-2012, 21:27
Thank you. She probably has been sent thousands that were never read.

She will never change her stance on this topic.

shotgunred
12-31-2012, 21:31
Thanks for writing it. I hope you also write to R congressmen who's support needs firmed up. As long as we can keep the house on our side we can win. If we lose them then she will win.

Hamilton Burger
01-01-2013, 00:31
The average lifespan today is 78.2 years... the good senator will be 80 in June...

With apologies for stinking up the thread...

http://i48.tinypic.com/5kecza.jpg

Folsom_Prison
01-01-2013, 00:37
I wouldn't waste my time trying to email that broad!! Id bet the farm she has her mind set no matter what anybody says!

seed
01-01-2013, 01:32
Even she needs to get bombarded with e-mails and letters. Over the years it has been apparent that she does notice when she has the high ground of public opinion and when she doesn't. We have to let her know that at her perceived penultimate height, she has massive opposition and she can't just steam-roll through whatever she wants. And when she loses her battle, she will know that she has ZERO hope of succeeding...ever...because the persistent citizenry -- not just some lobby groups -- don't agree with her.

SCHADENFREUDE
01-01-2013, 05:28
I think you don't have to worry about Feinstein if you live in NY state. Nothing might happen nationally but this state will have a new improved AWB. I hear a five round mag limit is in the works.

Not to mention your bosses idea that their needs to be confiscation of "assault rifles."

More problems in your back door my Friend and no one from the NRA on down will help us.

These politicians don't care what we say. So unless we all have deep pockets to influence the electoral process they will rule the day.

azbuckeye
01-01-2013, 05:32
Great letter.....Thank you!

glockski
01-01-2013, 09:09
Well said

Grayhawk
01-01-2013, 09:34
I applaude all the letters and notes to the Senator. I am sure she has only one direction and nothing would change it. It is important that rational, sensible letters and notes be sent. The radical rants that some do only reinforces the opposite opinions.
I respect the opinion of the gentleman who reminded us that the President has just four years. I do honestly believe Hillary will be the next President and she will rule for eight years. The Supreme court will be changed, and that is not in our best interests. In a conversation over the holidays, some have the thought that the Constitution is a dynamic document and should be changed to reflect a more modern approach. I submit if that becomes reality, then the changes that the liberals will make would be frightening.
The latest rumor is the new "assault weapons" law will classify the firearms listed as class III, and a Federal stamp would be required. It would mean a $200 stamp per firearm, plus restrictions on selling or transferring the firearm.
Grayhawk

Jake Starr
01-01-2013, 10:28
Cali can keep her. Message was sent...

Desert Duck
01-01-2013, 13:28
As a former democrat, former congressional intern/employee, I helped draft hundreds of letters for a congressman who is still in the us House of Representatives.

These letters are read and responded to by most members of Congress, through their staff in either their District, or Legislative offices. Volume gets noticed.

It is worth your time and mine. There are no coincidences in life. The Fact your are reading this can and should be your que to write one letter, this New Year's Day for the 2nd Ammendment and do your good turn for the day.

I just did it. It will go out in the morning, one to my Senator and one to my Representative!

shotgunred
01-01-2013, 13:39
I hope everyone spends at least 1/4 the time that they post here writing to their elected officials.

Little Joe
01-01-2013, 14:12
Feinstein was traumatized by the Harvey Milk murder at City Hall. Nothing can change her mind.

Start reading at the Assassinations heading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscone%E2%80%93Milk_assassinations

dango
01-01-2013, 14:22
Bravo , great intentions but , you forgot one item !

The burning brown bag of dog turds.......!

.45Super-Man
01-01-2013, 14:24
Even if you don't know what 'operation gladio' is, tell our elected officials otherwise.

Bren
01-01-2013, 15:14
I think she won't read it or care.

Little Joe
01-01-2013, 15:16
I think she won't read it or care.

Truth.

seed
01-01-2013, 16:21
As a former democrat, former congressional intern/employee, I helped draft hundreds of letters for a congressman who is still in the us House of Representatives.

These letters are read and responded to by most members of Congress, through their staff in either their District, or Legislative offices. Volume gets noticed.

It is worth your time and mine. There are no coincidences in life. The Fact your are reading this can and should be your que to write one letter, this New Year's Day for the 2nd Ammendment and do your good turn for the day.

I just did it. It will go out in the morning, one to my Senator and one to my Representative!

Worth repeating.

Desert Duck
01-01-2013, 22:02
Thanks, Seed. Truth!

wingryder
01-01-2013, 23:24
Well done! Great letter. I feel it bears a lot of weight coming from the LE community.

I disagree with the naysayers.... If Feinstein receives thousands of letters opposing her views, she may be forced to soften her stance... Writing these people and calling them on their hypocrisy is NEVER a bad idea. Let Sen Finklestein KNOW how much opposition she faces! It also helps to encourage our proponents that they are well supported! I will be revising and rewriting my own letter (that I sent to EVERYONE) and sending it out to Feinstein and others more often over the next weeks and months.