Strobing Laser instead of Light [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Strobing Laser instead of Light

Boney
12-31-2012, 19:44
Well I should have known better than to order a cheap chinese light but I wanted a green laser/light for my G23 that doesn't cost $300-$400. I found one on Ebay for under $80 and after waiting forever to receive it I find that the laser only strobes and the light does not strobe at all.

I can send it back for replacement but in an effort to avoid waiting 2 months for a replacement I would like to fix it if at all possible. Is this something that would be able to be fixed relatively easily? I really have no idea. The seller offered to pay to have it fixed. Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks

Boney
12-31-2012, 19:49
Here is the item I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Laser-sight-light-Combo-Sight-Ultra-Bright-225-lumen-weaver-picatinny-/300840417716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item460b7c79b4

SouthpawG26
12-31-2012, 23:13
The discription indeed states that the laser is strobe only, so there's nothing for the seller to actually fix...

Secondly, I suspect that this is an airsoft item as its a friction clamp fitting, without the normal crossbar for the picatinny/universal grooves to hold position and zero...this thing will not be recoil proof I'm afraid...

And if the rail mount system isn't recoil proof than I wouldn't get my hopes up about the longevity of the electronics either...

PS: the cheapest "real thing" green laser plus light on EBay is now $264 (Viridian C5l) to your door (Ecop).

ArmoryDoc
12-31-2012, 23:13
Who knows about the ease of repair. I will however tell you this. Don't buy junk. It's always better to save and get quality. ALWAYS.

Boney
01-01-2013, 10:18
Wow I can't believe I missed that in the description. Thanks for your help. I'll the a look at the viridian.