I was that guy tonight, and it feels good. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I was that guy tonight, and it feels good.

floorburn_21
01-01-2013, 04:13
I happened to stop by the Walmart near work and found nothing I had use for. I drove the half hour home and almost didn't stop at the one in my town because we get less, less often, but last second I did. I was pleased to see .223! There was a whopping 4 boxes of tulammo .223 at 4.97/20. I also picked up 3 boxes of tulammo 9mm, 1 .40 cal, a box of federal .40, and a federal value pack of .40. Needless to say I felt lucky even grabbing two boxes of .22 bulk ammo, much less 430 rounds of stuff I was looking for.

So, of course, laying in bed, I started wondering if the Walmart near work got a truck in too. I check the website and it says they have .223 in stock... I called and they couldn't find it, but I drove back anyways and picked up another 880 rounds of .223 (all they had) and a Remington.UMC 250 round box of 9mm. Way to start off the new years, finding ammo in stock. I just used up all my spending money for the month basically, but I feel the way things are these days, it was $450 well spent.

I was that lucky son of a gun for once! And I liked it. Hopefully things go the same way for you and yours!

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 04:58
So, you feel good screwing your fellow shooters, and contributing to spreading the panic buying?

Oh....well then.....good for you.

SGT HATRED
01-01-2013, 05:01
So, you feel good screwing your fellow shooters, and contributing to spreading the panic buying?

seriously?

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 05:05
seriously?

Seriously.

Sometimes I think that fellow shooters are our own worst enemies.

It's like a pinata party, where someone finally cracks the candy to the ground, and all the little kiddies scramble all over the place, fighting one another for each little piece.

Gallium
01-01-2013, 05:14

Seriously? :faint:

Are you the dude with the cry-baby picture? Could I borrow it for a sec? :rofl:

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 05:18

I'm not crying.

I've got mine. But I bought mine when there was no panic buying going on.

Purchasing during panic buying is beyond retarded. It hurts everyone collectively. If you can't understand that, I can't help you.

SCHADENFREUDE
01-01-2013, 05:21
Ammo won't be much good if they take your gun. Spend less money and write more letters. Or better yet take that extra spending money and drive to Washington and picket for your rights.

But your guns probably were lost in a fishing trip......right.

DAIadvisor
01-01-2013, 05:33

There was somebody earlier on here bragging that he found a place where he ordered 50 pmags in the past few days. This is exact behavior that drives up prices and makes everyone freak the hell out.

JohnBT
01-01-2013, 05:44
No, people freak out because they're nervous worryworts. A lot of folks don't freak out because they're not.

Okay, there's an ammo shortage. One guy buys all 10 boxes - or maybe 10 guys buy one box - and customers 11 through 999 still aren't getting any ammo that week at Walmart because there is still an ammo shortage.

My mother never promised me that all my wants and needs would be fulfilled. She did teach me to plan ahead.

John

Restless28
01-01-2013, 05:52
Congrats on spending your money as you see fit. Thanks also for shopping at Wal-Mart.

And, no, I am not being facetious.

Baba Louie
01-01-2013, 05:58
Good on ya floorburn. Stimulate the old economy where you can when you can as often as you can. Hate to see your kids go hungry.

Others here, more noble in word, obviously have a different opinion. Meh.

Be Prepared.

Meanwhile Uncle Sam buys up a few BILLION rounds for... uh, practice? Yeah, thats it.

roger123
01-01-2013, 06:11
Good on ya, at least you have some range ammo. I've never felt bad buying the last brick of .22 that they had or the last box of .45 so I'm not sure why the haters here. If they only had one brick of .22 or one box of 9mm would these guys offer to only buy half?

I guess you could have left some 223 for the next guy to buy and gouge on Gunbroker.

Geezer Glide
01-01-2013, 06:19
They had it on the shelf for sale. You bought it. They're happy that they sold it for a profit, you're happy that you got what you wanted. No problem, that's the way it's supposed to work.

If you went in and bought all of the socks, do you think people would complain?

lethal tupperwa
01-01-2013, 06:27
if you were giving away free sandwiches

someone would complain that they don't

like bread.

kahrcarrier
01-01-2013, 06:38
I see no big problem........

Bren
01-01-2013, 06:40
Congratulations on scoring some ammo. When M&P15T is old enough to buy his own ammo, he'll understand.

RussP
01-01-2013, 06:41

Oh....well then.....good for you.Seriously.

Sometimes I think that fellow shooters are our own worst enemies.

It's like a pinata party, where someone finally cracks the candy to the ground, and all the little kiddies scramble all over the place, fighting one another for each little piece.I'm not crying.

Purchasing during panic buying is beyond retarded. It hurts everyone collectively. If you can't understand that, I can't help you.Okay, I believe this sums it up:I've got mine.You forgot the :tongueout:.

And, of course your mantra:If you can't understand that, I can't help you.I never realized how ignorant the rest of the world was until I started reading your posts.[/sarcasm]

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 06:44
Congratulations on scoring some ammo. When M&P15T is old enough to buy his own ammo, he'll understand.

That's a good one son..

When you're old enough to understand that throwing fuel on a fire is stupid......

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 06:46
Okay, I believe this sums it up:You forgot the :tongueout:.

And, of course your mantra:I never realized how ignorant the rest of the world was until I started reading your posts.[/sarcasm]

Oh Russel......

You just can't stop following from thread to thread, taking umbridge against everything and anything I post, simply because it's me.

I'd report you for harassing behavior, but I highly doubt that would do much.

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 06:48
Good job!

If you left any on the shelf, somebody else would have bought it anyway. I stocked up years ago, and still buy fun stuff.

Ignore the silly troll who thinks ammo will get cheaper because the war is ending. Everyone else does.

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 06:49
Oh Russel......

You just can't stop following from thread to thread, taking umbridge against everything and anything I post, simply because it's me.

I'd report you for harassing behavior, but I highly doubt that would do much.

Some people wouldn't recognize a Moderator if he got right in their face.

:faint:

sigman69
01-01-2013, 06:51
No, people freak out because they're nervous worryworts. A lot of folks don't freak out because they're not.

Okay, there's an ammo shortage. One guy buys all 10 boxes - or maybe 10 guys buy one box - and customers 11 through 999 still aren't getting any ammo that week at Walmart because there is still an ammo shortage.

My mother never promised me that all my wants and needs would be fulfilled. She did teach me to plan ahead.

So true....+1

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 06:54
Some people wouldn't recognize a Moderator if he got right in their face.

:faint:

Russ is a moderator? Really?:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 07:08

You don't know what you don't know.

As posted on 9/24/2012:

In what has been discussed so far, I have taken the position that prices are going to drop because demand has dropped....

My point is that with the Military consuming vastly lowered ammounts of small arms ammunition, the "demand" is lower, so the supply will be higher and prices should drop.

:animlol:

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 07:16
You don't know what you don't know.

As posted on 9/24/2012:

:animlol:

I am well aware that Russ is a moderator.

And you're right about what I said a few months ago. I did expect the price of ammo to go down, just as I most certainly do right at this very moment.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have a crystal ball to tell the future, so I didn't know 20 6 & 7 year olds were going to be massacred by a nut-job with a Bushmaster.

If you do have a crystal ball, the parents of 20 kids would like to have a chat with you.

RussP
01-01-2013, 07:31
There was a time, a little while ago, when GTers were calling Wal-Mart, asking what time trucks carrying ammo would arrive. Armed with that knowledge, they trekked over to that store and waited until the boxes were brought to the floor. They bought what they needed. Sometimes that meant everything was purchased in a few minutes.

There was no hue and cry [yes, I know that's redundant] from other members. No, they themselves began calling for truck arrival information, too.

Prices did increase as demand rose. I believe that how it is suppose to go. Those who bought early, they paid less. Those who bought later paid more.

Eventually, equilibrium returned, prices dropped again and those who had not purchased at the top enjoyed the lower prices, topping off their supplies, even emptying store shelves at the lower price.

Empty shelves indicated higher demand...well, you know the cycle now.

There are those who buy low. There are those who buy when prices start going up. There are those who buy at the top. There are those who wait for lower prices.

The market place needs all types.

Throw in external, artificial stimulations, like a possible interruption or termination of a supply flow, and everyone gets into the buying mode. Some in a small way, some go all out - just in case.

Now M&P, and I imagine there are others like him, they're the ones who have all the supply they want. M&P sees no sense whatsoever in the rest of the market participants resupplying, topping off, or establishing a higher level of supply during this period of artificial stimulation. They should not take advantage of the available supply. It drives prices up. That's not fair to others in the market.

Oh, well...but, that's life in the free market.

Monte4283
01-01-2013, 07:34
They had it on the shelf for sale. You bought it. They're happy that they sold it for a profit, you're happy that you got what you wanted. No problem, that's the way it's supposed to work.

If you went in and bought all of the socks, do you think people would complain?

:goodpost:

Good for you Floorburn.

M2 Carbine
01-01-2013, 07:42
Glad you found some .223.

Now, let that be a lesson and in the future put aside a year or two's worth of ammo when you can. It doesn't go bad and chances are it will cost less when you buy it than in the future.

He is screwing No one.

What's he supposed to do, say, "Oh I won't buy that ammo because someone else that didn't plan ahead might need it".

Yesterday I bought 8 cans of powder and a bunch of primers to add to the stash. We know there will be a shortage of powder and primers. So what am I supposed to do? Not buy the powder because there are people that are going to be crying because they didn't stock up before the shortage.

That's silly.

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 07:45
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have a crystal ball to tell the future....

Yet you still feel compelled to tell people (who are far better informed) what is going to happen as if you knew what you are talking about:

The State of Virginia, is in no way, shape or form, holding up his purchase. No one with the State of Virginia is holding up his purchse.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation/NICS is the agency that is putting his purchase on hold.

Do you begin to see your pattern of misbehavior?

Or do you just enjoy getting pwn3d everywhere?

:nutcheck:

Tx-SIG229
01-01-2013, 07:51
let walmart know they need to keep lots of ammo on the shelves at ALL of their stores

MNOD Glocker
01-01-2013, 07:55
I happened to stop by the Walmart near work and found nothing I had use for. I drove the half hour home and almost didn't stop at the one in my town because we get less, less often, but last second I did. I was pleased to see .223! There was a whopping 4 boxes of tulammo .223 at 4.97/20. I also picked up 3 boxes of tulammo 9mm, 1 .40 cal, a box of federal .40, and a federal value pack of .40. Needless to say I felt lucky even grabbing two boxes of .22 bulk ammo, much less 430 rounds of stuff I was looking for.

So, of course, laying in bed, I started wondering if the Walmart near work got a truck in too. I check the website and it says they have .223 in stock... I called and they couldn't find it, but I drove back anyways and picked up another 880 rounds of .223 (all they had) and a Remington.UMC 250 round box of 9mm. Way to start off the new years, finding ammo in stock. I just used up all my spending money for the month basically, but I feel the way things are these days, it was $450 well spent.

I was that lucky son of a gun for once! And I liked it. Hopefully things go the same way for you and yours!

Good job!!! I would do that here at our local Walmart.... if they still had any in stock (my dad got there before me :whistling: )

MNOD Glocker
01-01-2013, 07:58

Someday you will mature...... but I ain't holding my breath

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 08:02
Yet you still feel compelled to tell people (who are far better informed) what is going to happen as if you knew what you are talking about:

Do you begin to see your pattern of misbehavior?

Or do you just enjoy getting pwn3d everywhere?

:nutcheck:

Chute, you didn't know **** about how VA is different from other states yourself, either. No one in that thread did, except the OP. Nothing you stated in that thread was correct either.

Seems like you just want to follow me from thread to thread like Russ, and try and pick a fight.

Children, grow up.

tallen122
01-01-2013, 08:13
M&P just because you bought your ammo when the supply was better doesn't make it any different from the original poster. If you didn't by so much months ago maybe there would be more now. I doubt it but like when you find something you need on sale or in a good quantity or that isn't always available you buy it. Simple as that.

mike g35
01-01-2013, 08:14
All I can tell everyone is even though .223 ammo is scarce and the demand has increased by 200% prices, in normal places anyway not CTD, are stable. I work at Cabelas, our prices have not changed. AR's are still shipping. Everyone just needs to calm down. There's no ban yet, and I believe it'll take some time before there is. Buy what ya want, sell what ya want, just try not to price gouge each other. That's how we hurt our own cause.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

RussP
01-01-2013, 08:27
Chute, you didn't know **** about how VA is different from other states yourself, either. No one in that thread did, except the OP. Nothing you stated in that thread was correct either. You need to go back and read the thread again. Chute's one post on the topic was spot on and correct regarding VSP and the demands on it.The problem is that people who don't know what they are talking about insist on attempting to correct those who do know what they are talking about.

If anyone thinks the VSP is bogged down right now, wait until after 3:00 PM this Friday. It's Chantilly time again.:faint:Seems like you just want to follow me from thread to thread like Russ, and try and pick a fight.So, certain people are not allowed into threads you participate in to comment, correct or elaborate on the topic or your opinions? Children, grow up.Well, there is the problem. The Rule in my family is that the men do not have to grow up. They just have to find women strong enough to put up with us, so, growing up, that ain't gonna happen.:cool:

RussP
01-01-2013, 08:30
let walmart know they need to keep lots of ammo on the shelves at ALL of their storesEspecially with all the .223 firearms being purchased. Demand will remain high as these additional firearms are put to use.

glockski
01-01-2013, 08:39
Especially with all the .223 firearms being purchased. Demand will remain high as these additional firearms are put to use.
A lot of the firearms being purchased now probably won't see one round being fired

JBL13
01-01-2013, 08:50
I was stocked up well before Sandy Hook. I was piling up ammo during October when it looked like Romney could take the win. I've been acquiring ammo for years.

That being said, it is up to me to protect myself and mine. NO ONE is looking out for me but me. One of my primary responsibilities is to assess WHAT I need, WHEN I need it. If, for WHATEVER reason, I figured my ammo supplies were inadequate during a panic, I would be buying every last cartridge if I thought that's what I would need.

Left-Right
01-01-2013, 08:57
Oh Russel......

You just can't stop following from thread to thread, taking umbridge ...

Did anyone see Russ take a bridge? I take umbrage at your accusation that he did.

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 09:01
Did anyone see Russ take a bridge? I take umbrage at your accusation that he did.

Russ was here............

http://i46.tinypic.com/5e60e0.jpg

Gallium
01-01-2013, 09:09
Chute, you didn't know **** about how VA is different from other states yourself, either. No one in that thread did, except the OP. Nothing you stated in that thread was correct either.

That is complete bullocks. But you more than everyone else was insisting to Resqu2 that it was the feds, not the state.

What we did not know exactly was, WHERE the hangup was.

I have been on GT for 9yrs, 9 months give or take a few days. I was a regular on packing.org, and I try to stay abreast of all the gun laws in states I frequent/carry a gun.

You are starting off 2013 here on the wrong foot.

NOW can you post your baby pic again? Cuz you're channeling your 18 month old self beautifully.

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 09:17
That is complete bullocks. But you more than everyone else was insisting to Resqu2 that it was the feds, not the state.

What we did not know exactly was, WHERE the hangup was.

I have been on GT for 9yrs, 9 months give or take a few days. I was a regular on packing.org, and I try to stay abreast of all the gun laws in states I frequent/carry a gun.

You are starting off 2013 here on the wrong foot.

NOW can you post your baby pic again? Cuz you're channeling your 18 month old self beautifully.

I admitted in that thread that I was completely incorrect. Virginia does a different type of back-ground check than I had heard of. It doesn't use NICS as it's primary point of check.

If Chute did know that, he didn't share that information, or he didn't know it. Since 30 out of 50 states use NICS, it's a topic that is sure to be confusing. I myself thought that NICS was used throughout the country.

ETA: Thanks to those that corrected me on "umbridge"...:rofl::rofl:

SixDemonBag
01-01-2013, 09:24
Meanwhile Uncle Sam buys up a few BILLION rounds for... uh, practice? Yeah, thats it.

Wait, are you comparing arming and provisioning for the worlds most powerful army to (NOT directed at OP) some fat guy in the middle of nowhere building up a supply for an event that will likely never happen much less happen in his backwoods part of America? :dunno:

RussP
01-01-2013, 09:27
Russ was here............

http://i46.tinypic.com/5e60e0.jpgIf you only knew how close to true you are... :animlol:

adamg01
01-01-2013, 09:28

John

Amen, I bought the last two boxes of 9mm. at my Walmart and I would of bought more if they had it. Did I need it? Probably not, but I wanted it. I saw this storm coming a mile away so I was prepared before this election. I don't feel sorry for the ones that aren't.

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 09:37
I admitted in that thread that I was completely incorrect.

If Chute did know that, he didn't share that information, or he didn't know it.

As always, you don't know what you don't know.

I've been active in Virginia gun rights since before the VCDL sprang out of the NVCDL, you certainly haven't.

I've seen the VSP work the phones and their laptops in Richmond during a gunshow, they were kept quite busy.

I remember when it cost $11, instead of $2.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have NEVER purchased a gun in Virginia, and NEVER even shot a gun in Virginia. Am I wrong?

I don't post everything I know, but you post so much that you clearly don't know that any normal person would be ashamed.

Gallium
01-01-2013, 09:40
I admitted in that thread that I was completely incorrect. Virginia does a different type of back-ground check than I had heard of. It doesn't use NICS as it's primary point of check....

handgunlaw.us

bmoore
01-01-2013, 09:50
This is the USA, you are free to do with your money as you please. Glad you had a nice pull of ammo. Keep your eye on that Remmy UMC, my LC9 didn't like it and I read other people having problems with it was well. Enjoy, happy new year.

number1gun
01-01-2013, 09:57
Do not see any problem. The OP was in the right place at the right time. His choice to pay or not. I did not notice in the post if the cost was above average or not. Does not matter. He chose to get it now. For my part I have on order 90 magazines for 5 callibers and 9 guns and a couple hundred rounds of ammo in each calliber as a small buffer. Panic....no. Prudent ordering. I ordered early and at regular prices. No over paying from me. I also added a few magazines for friends I know would sit on the fence to long before they ordered. Have recieved about 20% so far and have tracking for about another 10%. The rest...who knows ? My needs and any close friends are taken care of at regular prices.
As someone stated above. Do not cry because you did not get in early enough.

RussP
01-01-2013, 10:03
I admitted in that thread that I was completely incorrect. Virginia does a different type of back-ground check than I had heard of. It doesn't use NICS as it's primary point of check.In Post #20Well I'll be an SOB!! The State of Virginia IS putting your purchase on hold.

Sorry to doubt you OP, I had no idea Virginia does something different.

I had no idea how "special" this State I have moved to is.:rofl::rofl:

If Chute did know that, he didn't share that information, or he didn't know it.Lets see, you made Post #20 at 09:47. Chute joined the discussion when? Oh, yeah, 23:34, over 13 hours after you acknowledged your error.

Looks like everything had been long settled when he joined the discussion.

wizzi01
01-01-2013, 10:24
I'm not crying.

Purchasing during panic buying is beyond retarded. It hurts everyone collectively. If you can't understand that, I can't help you.

So what you are saying is it is ok to buy when it is convenient for you, but if someone else do poo on them?

NorthernAlpine
01-01-2013, 10:29
@OP - Nice score, opportunities are where you find them, when you find them. While others were out working on a hangover, you were working on your priorities.

"To ... not prepare is the greatest of crimes; to be prepared beforehand for any contingency is the greatest of virtues." - Sun Tzu

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 10:37
Pause............

Gallium
01-01-2013, 10:41
Pause............

Looking for the pic? :whistling: :wavey:

I don't think Russ wants to be your BFF. When he gets on something, he is like a young pup on a bone. You'd be better off showing remorse than down the path you've currently chosen. :cool:

RussP
01-01-2013, 10:41
correct. I have never purchased or shot a gun in this state. I have recently moved here from michigan, and the two states are clearly different. What you could have done was explain all of that, because i was not the only person posting in that thread that had no clue that va did their own back-ground checks.

Instead, in a very trollish manner, you decided not to share your information. You decided it was more important for you to be correct, and everyone else in that thread (other than the op) to be wrong, than to exlpain to everyone that va did things very differently from other states.

What other states have you lived in? What other states have you purchased firearms from an ffl in?see post #51

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 10:45
see post #51

Yeah, I haven't been petty enough to go back and re-read the thread. Since Chute brought the topic of that thread up, I assumed he had been involved in it from the start. Now I see how you and he are both just so desperate to prove me wrong on something.

What is your point with all of this Russel? Why is it so important for you to prove me wrong, that you're actually going back into old threads? Where I had already (along with everyone else to that point) been corrected? Why is it so important for you to try and prove me wrong?

RussP
01-01-2013, 10:54
Yeah, I haven't been petty enough to go back and re-read the thread. Since Chute brought the topic of that thread up, I assumed he had been involved in it from the start. Now I see how you and he are both just so desperate to prove me wrong on something.

What is your point with all of this Russel? Why is it so important for you to prove me wrong, that you're actually going back into old threads? Where I had already (along with everyone else to that point) been corrected? Why is it so important for you to try and prove me wrong?If you do not understand, it wouldn't do any good to try and explain it to you.

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 10:55
Yeah, I haven't been petty enough to go back and re-read the thread. Since Chute brought the topic of that thread up, I assumed he had been involved in it from the start.

Never assume.

soflasmg
01-01-2013, 10:56

Yeah, you are supposed to share stuff with your comrades, comrade!

itisbruno
01-01-2013, 10:59

Stoopid is as stoopid does

http://pablochiste.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/forrest_gump_303722x.jpg

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 11:01
I guess a wannabe who doesn't shoot much doesn't really need that much ammo.
:whistling:

M&P15T
01-01-2013, 11:05

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A "wannabe" what?

itisbruno
01-01-2013, 11:06

Who needs to practice to hone their skills ... but the alternative, spray and pray, is ammo intensive as well

RussP
01-01-2013, 11:09
:whistling:I know of a few people, three actually, who do not shoot often, yet they buy additional ammo when they find good buys.

One is waiting for the zombies :whistling:. The other two like sale prices. One has tools he'll never use.

VinnieG
01-01-2013, 11:15
Wow. Some of you are harsh. How can you fault a guy for seein some ammo on a shelf in a store and buyin it?
I don't get into the panic buying because I already have the stuff that I want and I reload. But if I saw some guns or ammo that I wanted I would buy them.

itisbruno
01-01-2013, 11:17
I used to buy a case of .223 every payday ... it was $153/1000 - ahhh, the good ol days, glad I did now, it is nice having stuff in the basement.

RussP
01-01-2013, 11:27
I used to buy a case of .223 every payday ... it was $153/1000 - ahhh, the good ol days, glad I did now, it is nice having stuff in the basement.Is your basement climate controlled?

VinnieG
01-01-2013, 11:29
I used to buy a case of .223 every payday ... it was $153/1000 - ahhh, the good ol days, glad I did now, it is nice having stuff in the basement.

Yes sir it is

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 11:30
Is your basement climate controlled?

And is it locked?

The Hawk
01-01-2013, 11:31
if you were giving away free sandwiches

someone would complain that they don't

like bread.
Eat the Eat !! :rofl:

itisbruno
01-01-2013, 11:34
Is your basement climate controlled?

Yes sir

And is it locked?

House is, and these guys help keep us safe

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/brun02/dog/D3_frame_0741.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/brun02/dog/Miky/IMG_3720.jpg

:tongueout:

jdavionic
01-01-2013, 11:42

So he's not acquiring his "fair share"?

If he has the money and feels it's worth it to him, so be it.

GAtkins
01-01-2013, 11:43
You lost me at "collectively."

It hurts everyone collectively.

JLB768
01-01-2013, 11:46
How's the old saying go? Ya snooze, ya lose.

spork
01-01-2013, 11:52
Good find on the ammo. The free market is working as intended.

Baba Louie
01-01-2013, 11:56
Wait, are you comparing arming and provisioning for the worlds most powerful army to (NOT directed at OP) some fat guy in the middle of nowhere building up a supply for an event that will likely never happen much less happen in his backwoods part of America? :dunno:Nah.

More the fact that someone somewhere is buying a whole lot of ammunition, not giving a rat's patootie about the impact it may or may not have on civilians who are now also buying similar ammo. Or trying to when they can find it. Also the association that in so doing... are they "screwing it up for other buyers who now find empty shelves" as a result... or words to that effect.

Uncle Sam keeps Lake City, just east of my old hometown, quite busy.

I'm good with it all. Those who empty shelves, even those who fling poo across the 'net. Their choice. You can NEVER have too much ammo on hand. But why the DHS needs 1.6 billion rounds of .40 for "practice" still kinda amazes me. Das a lot of "practice" w/ JHP (but that's another thread/topic unto itself)

But thanks for asking SixDB. Have a Happy New Year all. Buy it cheap (relative term nowadays) and stack it deep.

G29Reload
01-01-2013, 12:02

Oh the tardishness of collectivist thinking, where everything is viewed as a zero sum game and buying what you need is viewed as harming others.

racerford
01-01-2013, 12:02
Since he is buying it to keep and shoot; good on the OP.

If he was buying to flip. I would be less congratulatory. However, I would not begrudge up doing it as long as it was not the Walmart near me;)

JimIsland
01-01-2013, 12:06
Back to topic...glad the OP found some ammo and bought it. personally, I have plenty but if I walked into a Wally World and there was some on the shelf, I would have bought it as well. That's what the hell it's there for and you really can't have too much ammo.

floorburn_21
01-01-2013, 12:25
The fact is, I go through that much ammo in a few range sessions when I take my little brothers out with me. I haven't been able to take them out because it's been hard finding ammo and I don't want to burn up everything I have. I didn't buy ten thousand rounds of .223 to resell for a profit. Everybody always finds something to cry about. Shop at Walmart and you're a commie, shop somewhere unionized, you're a commie. It's the only place with ammo, so be it.

I have indeed sent a letter to all of my representatives, as well as emailed them. I did that mere days after sandy hook.

I was that lucky guy that got to stock a few range rounds last night. I'm in my early twenties so I haven't had the time others have to build up. And no, I haven't bought any thirty dollar pmags either.

jetflier1989
01-01-2013, 15:38
I was that lucky guy that got to stock a few range rounds last night. I'm in my early twenties so I haven't had the time others have to build up. And no, I haven't bought any thirty dollar pmags either.

Good for you. Now is as good a time as any to buy some ammo if you didn't already. I don't think it's gonna get any easier or cheaper anytime soon (let's hope i'm wrong)

I was caught off guard in 2008 and learned from it. Lucky to have got a second chance. I now have a about 6,000+ rds of factory range/PP .45 acp rounds. Everything is almost double the price what I paid. Been trading some of it off to a buddy of mine for 9mm which is sold out around here.

Kingarthurhk
01-01-2013, 17:02
I bought all the white box value packs they had. I burn through that stuff like there is no tomorrow. I bet I eat up at least 1k a year bteween two pistols. It used to be I could go collect 400 rounds at a whack. The panic buyers were snatching them all up. I managed to get 300 only this time. I think I have about 500 rounds of fmj 9mm atm. I would have gotten more if they had more.

I will check back now and again and see if they have more from time to time. As far as .223, I am good, and have no desire to acquire more atm. 7.62x39 almost as good.

I shoot the 9mm pistols more than any other.

certifiedfunds
01-01-2013, 17:12

Aren't you the guy who's all over GT wanting to screw his fellow gun owners by requiring a 4473 for all private FTF sales?

Gallium
01-01-2013, 17:25
Aren't you the guy who's all over GT wanting to screw his fellow gun owners by requiring a 4473 for all private FTF sales?

I am convinced he is really a she :faint:. Check back in 28 days, he'll be raging at something else, then calm down after a couple of days, then rinse and repeat a few weeks later...

happyguy
01-01-2013, 17:34

They are the same people that rape the local grocery store for batteries and bottled water when there is a hurricane warning.

They will never have what they need because they only panic buy and never truly prepare. (And no you don't have to be a Doomsday Prepper)

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

M&P Shooter
01-01-2013, 17:42
If anybody is interested I am looking to trade my PSA AR-15 with 2 P-Mags for a Stradivarius violin in mint condition. I also will trade 10 P-Mags even up for a 2010 or newer pick up truck with V8:whistling:

Providence
01-01-2013, 17:46
Although I'd love to see this end soon, I won't be surprised if this lasts as long as the 2009 shortage. There are a lot of new gun owners, and many of them fire 5.56/.223. If they are scrambling to buy their 200 rounds, then maybe this will be short-lived. Otherwise... we could be in for a rough ride.

And...
Can we be reasonably sure that the president won't do something about ammo by executive order or through some kind of policy move? That's the kind of possibility that can fuel a panic.