House, Find Me One Please, 55+Comm. 1000+Homes, 30 to 50 K Price [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : House, Find Me One Please, 55+Comm. 1000+Homes, 30 to 50 K Price

dennis3dflyer
01-01-2013, 06:12
In the State of Florida. I have found: But I'm wondering if this can also be found in other States:

I"m very close to making offers on some homes in a 55+ community that has 10 thousand homes in it with manned guard at entrances, 200 + clubs to get involved in, Yes a Shooting club or 2 and one club even flys radio controlled planes and helicopters in the large subdivisions private airfield.

Homes that are 1200 sqft to 1900 sqft with 2 br 2 bath and with 1 or 2 car garage are only 30k to 50k in this current low price market.

Homes are Concrete Block built in the mid to late 80 s. and look new as they are maintained by the HOA. Area looks like Desperate Housewifes in Looks and Maintaince. Just Beautiful.

BUT , Before I buy I just was wondering if anything like this exists at such a PRICE POINT in OTHER AREAS that I might be willing to live at.

So Show n Tell Me What is in your area or you might know about!

Thanks, Dennis

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 06:21
How deep into the Everglades are you willing to go?

http://i45.tinypic.com/2zxv6kn.jpg

:rofl:
j/k, I'd also like to know about retirement bargains in FL, AZ, and TX. Where is this community you are considering?

CAcop
01-01-2013, 07:04
There are communities like that in CA. Except the price. For that price you are going to have to live in a hut like the one above. And your lot would be about the same size as the hut.

Lunkerbass
01-01-2013, 07:07
Most of what your looking for in Broward County Florida (south Florida) are going for $60k to $80k
We have plenty of shooting areas down here.
I actually live right down the street from such development .Its even named Paradice Gardens

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

wrczx3
01-01-2013, 07:25
There are some in West Palm Beach called Century Village. A gated community of about 7k units with some priced as low as $20K.

mac66
01-01-2013, 08:02
My inlaws live in The Villages. Wife and I have rented houses there for a month at a time. Great place and there are a couple smaller communities close by.

GLWyandotte
01-01-2013, 09:29
An example-
I'm selling my Dad's house in Sun City West, Arizona.
1900 sq ft, 2 full baths, Jacuzzi, pool, huge "Arizona room", 2 huge bedrooms, 2 car garage plus golf cart parking, huge corner lot with saguaro cactus, other cactus, citrus and palm trees. A huge number of amenities in the HOA- from wood shops to metal shops to bowling, tennis, golf, swimming. The community is so clean you could eat off the streets. Crime is practically unheard of.
We're looking at getting $185-$200K. The market is down there significantly. I'd rent it out for 5 years and then move there (I'm 50) but I just don't want to deal with the hassle.

mykidzrule
01-01-2013, 09:36
hey Dennis, where did you find that community? sounds pretty good something i would look into for myself.

GLWyandotte
01-01-2013, 09:45
I just looked at Century Villages- 800 sq ft and around $20k or less. I wouldn't invest a nickel in those places. Down market or not, when they are made available at that price, that's exactly what their worth. Imagine who's moving in at those prices.

dango
01-01-2013, 09:56
Got a home in Naples FL. , Two bedroom two bath , golf coarse
view , large new hurricane proof car port .
Needs fridge , washer and dryer . newer roof . It's in Riviera Gulf estates 55+community but asking low 70's !

PS: 1800 SQ-FT, !

Adjuster
01-01-2013, 10:02
I live near several Century Village developments. These places have huge history. Back in the day when they were built 1960's and 70's these places were considered premium property. If you lived in New York, New Jersey etc etc and you owned one of these you would brag to all your friends that you owned property in Florida and a condo near the beaches. All your friends would be begging you to let them borrow your condo for a winter vacation. Well let me tell you no more. These places are run down crap holes from age, wear and tear. Outdated to all heck. Entering in through the guarded gate is like walking through deaths door. You can actually feel your life being drained from you faster than normal until you exit back out through that gate. Currently all these Century Village condos are being purchased by Canadians in the $30,000.00 price range. It is a kind of fascinating to see how time changes things. Like I said back in the day owning one of these condos in Florida was bragging rights.

/