How to get rid of the world's largest gun manufacturer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of the world's largest gun manufacturer

HerrGlock
01-01-2013, 07:01
http://www.silive.com/opinion/columns/index.ssf/2013/01/how_to_get_rid_of_the_worlds_l.html

DustyJacket
01-01-2013, 07:15
Yup - let the ultra rich put their money where their mouths are.

Buy the manufacturers, fire the employees, destroy inventory, sell the tools, destroy the plans and shut them down.

If they don't want to do that, then they are nothing other than gasbags.

Big House
01-01-2013, 07:16
And in other news...Mr. Cohen was dressed as a phallus this past Halloween.

exmdshooter
01-01-2013, 07:41
I say let the wealthy enemies of freedom go for it. Waste their money by buying something of value and then destroying it if that's what thy want to do. I'd mourn the loss of good jobs that would entail, but other than that, so what?

Does the fool who wrote that article really think this would put a long lasting dent in firearms production in this country? Other manufacturers would pick up the slack, and new enterprises would spring up to fill unsatisfied demand. That's how free enterprise works.

Oh that's right... these boobs hate (and have little understanding of) capitalism... except of the non-productive George Soros type... :upeyes:

Bren
01-01-2013, 07:44
That would benefit many other gun companies in the marketplace, but the only siginificant thing we'd lose is Remington. Bushmaster, DPMS and Para USA are all easily replaced by others already in the market. Nothing else they own is significant, in my opinion.

Bruce M
01-01-2013, 07:52
Agreed but my guess is that someone or several someones would buy some of the parts of Remington and fairly quickly start cranking out shotguns rifles and ammunition. Maybe just not as inexpensively or efficiently.

njl
01-01-2013, 07:58
What a stupid article. If a bunch of ultra-rich people were to get together and buy and shut down the worlds largest firearms companies, what do you think would happen next? Other companies would fill the void (through expansion or new startups). As long as they're legal, people will keep buying guns, and the people making them need the work.

kenpoprofessor
01-01-2013, 08:04
I'm all for this idea of these rich anti gunners to buy out Cerebus, and destroy the machinery as well as put those people out of work. And now I'll tell ya why.

Those firms have dominated an industry, and as such, have gotten complacent in their production standards. This opens the door for competition, jobs galore as the equipment manufacturers for those CNC machines will employ thousands more.

This is a win win for everyone, those guys wouldn't be unemployed long, but the manufacturers would most certainly go to free states that have right to work laws in place. This would allow them to hire even more people at the same price.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Jonesee
01-01-2013, 08:11
I was going to comment on the idiocy of the article, but the last 3 posters have done that.

They are exactly correct. If shutting one or more manufacturers leaves a void for a product there is a demand for, new companies will open or existing manufacturers will increase their capacity to fill the void.

Basic economics.

engineer151515
01-01-2013, 08:32
Perchance the author has stock in Cerberus Capital Management?

That's the only thing that would make sense of that article.

ChuteTheMall
01-01-2013, 08:57
He won't put his own money where his mouth is, and just fantasizes about what rich people should do.

BEER
01-01-2013, 09:10
well now that's a happy little anti-gun liberal hippy fantasy.

unfortunately what that tard fails to realize is that rich people don't get rich by making stupid financial decisions, and the ultra rich don't get ultra rich doing what other people want them to do.

soros and bloomberg can spew all the anti-gun bs they want, but if they bought cerebus it would be for their true goal which is making even more money. they would hide behind fronts and invest money in upping production to churn out even more guns. and if sometime in the future civilian gun ownership is hindered enough to cost them profits then they'll use their money and connections to sell to various militaries.

the author supposedly had a long career in the financial field so i don't understand how he can believe his own drivel.

el_jewapo
01-01-2013, 09:34
Sad to think he gets paid for such babble.

mattallamerican
01-01-2013, 09:34
it will never happen they would never use there own money.they are typical knee jerk libs all talk no substance

ithaca_deerslayer
01-01-2013, 09:41
well now that's a happy little anti-gun liberal hippy fantasy.

unfortunately what that tard fails to realize is that rich people don't get rich by making stupid financial decisions, and the ultra rich don't get ultra rich doing what other people want them to do.

soros and bloomberg can spew all the anti-gun bs they want, but if they bought cerebus it would be for their true goal which is making even more money. they would hide behind fronts and invest money in upping production to churn out even more guns. and if sometime in the future civilian gun ownership is hindered enough to cost them profits then they'll use their money and connections to sell to various militaries.

the author supposedly had a long career in the financial field so i don't understand how he can believe his own drivel.

It was an interesting idealistic article.

EdTracker
01-01-2013, 09:42
The fundamental flaw with the article is the assumption that "rich people" want to anything with their money other than MAKE MORE MONEY.

They didn't get or stay "rich" by piszing away their money.

flyover
01-01-2013, 10:30
Anybody remember what happened when Bushmaster got sold? Some employees went south to work. The rest stayed behind and started Windham Armory. Nature abhores a vacuum and so does the firearms industry.