Advice needed for wife on carry options [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for wife on carry options

RLB
01-01-2013, 07:33
Ladies, I need some help and advice for my wife. She currently carries a 38 revolver in the apendix carry position. I recently bought her a small 380 which she cannot carry in this location. We bought a cross breed micro clip holster which did not work for her. Yesterday I have her carry my 1911 in the super tuck holster. After a while she was ok with the holster at the 3:30 position.
She asked if other ladies carry in this position. Looking for input on holster and location from ladies that carry on a daily basis.
Thank you in advance.
Rick

OMEGA5
01-01-2013, 08:29
Ladies, I need some help and advice for my wife. She currently carries a 38 revolver in the apendix carry position. I recently bought her a small 380 which she cannot carry in this location. We bought a cross breed micro clip holster which did not work for her. Yesterday I have her carry my 1911 in the super tuck holster. After a while she was ok with the holster at the 3:30 position.
She asked if other ladies carry in this position. Looking for input on holster and location from ladies that carry on a daily basis.
Thank you in advance.
Rick

Can't get my wife to wear a holster. Wish I could. She
does carry her G19 in a Hobo style purse from Galco. At
home, on our property, she'll put a .38 S&W in a shoulder
rig when walking the dog or working in our food plots or yard.
But she won't wear a holster IWB or OWB at all. At least
she is armed this way even though it's not optimal.
Dano

Mrs.Cicero
01-01-2013, 18:10
I prefer OWB, 3:30, and do that openly on my own property, and under a coat everywhere else when the weather allows. In warm weather, I go to a purse. I dislike the purse, but it is the only real solution for me, since everything prints everywhere on my body without a fairly heavy jacket. She should go with whatever works for her, since that is far better than not carrying at all.

The Fed
01-01-2013, 18:18
Try an Uncle Mike's LE soft "suede" holster. I'm worse than a woman when it comes to comfort.

sawgrass
01-01-2013, 19:33
My SO recently gave me a VERY THIN kydex holster for my G26. The belt clip on it is very strong. I've been carrying it IWB at 3:30 and it is very comfortable. I've carried it a couple of times without a belt without any problems.

Other than this IWB, I carry OWB at 3:30 and yes, it limits what you can wear.

sawgrass
01-01-2013, 19:35
This is a link that I recently discovered.

http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/

N20ntegra24
01-02-2013, 13:04
My girl is carrying her 19 in a Raven concealment ACR (appendix carry) Kydex holster. She's 6'1" 150 it doesnt print to well and she says it is very comfortable.

tnedator
01-02-2013, 14:22
Just the other day, in a thread about carry options (I think someone posting about not liking IWB or something), someone posted a 15 minute youtube video some woman had put together showing a whole bunch of carry options. If I find It, I'll post a link to it here. Good stuff for women looking for carry options.

tnedator
01-02-2013, 17:24
This is the youtube video that someone posted in another thread this week. This may help with some carry options for women.

Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women - YouTube

SARDG
01-03-2013, 08:46
Ladies, I need some help and advice for my wife. She currently carries a 38 revolver in the apendix carry position. I recently bought her a small 380 which she cannot carry in this location...
Why can't she carry the .380 in that same position - is it an access problem? That is my preferred position for my Kahr PM-9.

RLB
01-05-2013, 15:25
Thanks everyone for the replies and links.
Her job prevents OWB carry. While not working she might OWB with a vest.
Somewhat of an access problem when she is seated.