Excellent Crime Stat Video [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Crime Stat Video

SixDemonBag
01-01-2013, 14:13
Forgive me if repost is repost, I searched and didn't see this.

http://youtu.be/Ooa98FHuaU0

Bren
01-01-2013, 14:51
Wow, that was excellent and very true. Well worth watching all the way through. He is right that we should be amazed that the press never mentions that the overall violent crime rate and murder rate are each half of what they were in 1992.

That is also the first time I have heard the observation that most of our violent crime is centered in 250,000+ population urban areas and we have 186 of them vs. 32 in the UK (yet they still have an overall violent crime rate much higher than ours).

shotgunred
01-01-2013, 15:28
Great find. I am going to download this stats from there sources.

Captain Ron
01-01-2013, 15:47
Certain Minority crime rate is 9 times that of the white population I saw lately on youtube or elsewhere.

glockfanbob
01-01-2013, 15:51
Great vid

DrMaxit
01-01-2013, 16:11
Nice! Reposted already.

mixflip
01-01-2013, 16:45
Piers Morgan wants to suppress this information Im sure.

dango
01-01-2013, 17:04
Ban Metropolises ! Thanks for that , why don't more sheep understand ? :brickwall:

tarpleyg
01-01-2013, 18:17
One thing he fails to mention which makes Great Britain even more violent is that they do not report crimes on their crime reports until there is a conviction. How many actual crimes occur where no suspect is tried?

Fear Night
01-01-2013, 18:30
We have a much higher prevalence of concealed carry holders today compared to the early 90's. This correlates just as I would expect with our drop in violent crime over the past 20 years.

The urban centers still remain high in violent crime because of the huge gun and carry restrictions. Why is the data so hard to interpret for some people? I guess they just choose to ignore what doesn't fit into their agenda.

Harper
01-01-2013, 20:19
The real issue with comparing the current murder rate in US to other countries is that the central debate is whether or not gun control has a desirable effect/change. It should be obvious then that we need to look at change in murder or violent crime rates over change in time. A single point us nothing. Lott was right, Piers Morgan doesn't understand basic math.

jbailey8
01-01-2013, 20:49
Great video. I'm glad I watched it.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Harper
01-01-2013, 20:52
Certain Minority crime rate is 9 times that of the white population I saw lately on youtube or elsewhere.

This is a sad fact. I don't think it's quite that high though. It's around 6-7 times higher if I remember correctly.
The murder rate among whites in the US is on par with the UK murder rate. San Francisco has over 800,000 people and is the 14th most populous city yet they don't suffer from the same high murder rate that most of the 250K+ cities have. Their murder rate is 6 per 100K (vs 5 for the entire US). They also are only 6.3% black. I'm not saying black people are the cause but there does seem to be a strong correlation. The cities with the highest murder rates are all mostly populated by black and/or hispanic. I haven't done the research to determine if this is an isolated factor or if perhaps whites with similar income level in similar populous cities also exhibit similar murder rates.