I was asked why I was against this administration and a weapons ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I was asked why I was against this administration and a weapons ban

M&P Shooter
01-01-2013, 17:29
My friends on Facebook asked me why I was against a AWB and other gun restrictions by the government. I answered them and provided a little photo. Below is my answer I gave them:wavey:

This is a true story and very important for Americans to understand why me and many others refuse to lay down our arms to a tyrant government. If you doubt the info I have provided that makes me happy because now you started to think for yourself and you can Google search it to verify if it's true or false. Free your mind and research everything before you answer or ask any questions.

Resistance to Nazi oppression was hampered by the lack of civilian arms possession. One of the most notable exceptions was the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising in 1943, which began with a few incredibly brave Jews armed with handguns. They were able to temporarily stop deportations of Jews to Nazi extermination camps.
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab89/Glock40guy/Obamawillnotwin_zps0a257af4.jpg

wavetrain75
01-01-2013, 18:39
Evil will always attack the weak.

Big House
01-01-2013, 18:52
Yes, and it has breeched our White House.

wrenrj1
01-01-2013, 18:58
Unfortunately, those that challenge your position don't think it'll never happen here. Showing them pics doesn't work because they cannot frame that same pic in this day and age. It comes down to those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

Harper
01-01-2013, 19:08
I'd have them read this article - http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/why-not-renew-the-assault-weapons-ban-well-ill-tell-you/

If they cared about the 2nd amendment and preventing tyranny they probably wouldn't hold the position that they do.

concretefuzzynuts
01-01-2013, 19:18
Add this photo.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/530072_10151344847209638_543727565_n_zpsdbf31067.jpg

cowboywannabe
01-01-2013, 19:20
i think everybody against our right to have what ever gun we want needs to be in a L.A. riot situation to get the full effect....

nmstew
01-01-2013, 19:24
I think the OP had a great post, I stole the pic and caption for my facebook, and agree with the point.

What bugs me about all this, let's make the average gun owner an ex post facto felon unless they register, plan is we (people in the firearm community) have suspicions of raids and confiscation plus to my understanding there is some legal statue or law that now allows the president to indefinitely detain people without trial, even citizens. What will happen when these two unconstitutional abilities collide?

concretefuzzynuts
01-01-2013, 19:29
And this:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/gun-control_zps52a14d22.jpg

concretefuzzynuts
01-01-2013, 19:34
1. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves against their ethnic-cleansing government, were arrested and exterminated.

2. In 1929, the former Soviet Union established gun control as a means of controlling the “more difficult” of their citizens. From 1929 to the death of Stalin, 40 million Soviets met an untimely end at the hand of various governmental agencies as they were arrested and exterminated.

3. After the rise of the Nazi’s, Germany established their version of gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves against the “Brown Shirts”, were arrested and exterminated. Interestingly, the Brown Shirts were eventually targeted for extermination themselves following their blind acts of allegiance to Hitler. Any American military and police would be wise to grasp the historical significance of the Brown Shirts’ fate.

4. After Communist China established gun control in 1935, an estimated 50 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves against their fascist leaders, were arrested and exterminated.

5. Closer to home, Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayans, unable to defend themselves against their ruthless dictatorship, were arrested and exterminated.

6. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves from their dictatorial government, were arrested and exterminated.

7. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million of the “educated” people, unable to defend themselves against their fascist government, were arrested and exterminated.

8. In 1994, Rwanda disarmed the Tutsi people and being unable to defend themselves from their totalitarian government, nearly one million were summarily executed.

The total numbers of victims who lost their lives because of gun control is approximately 70 million people in the 20th century. The historical voices from 70 million corpses speak loudly and clearly to those Americans who are advocating for a de facto gun ban. Governments murdered four times as many civilians as were killed in all the international and domestic wars combined. Governments murdered millions more people than were killed by common criminals and it all followed gun control.

Jumper
01-01-2013, 19:35
Those pic's get the point across. I'll use them as well.

vettely
01-01-2013, 19:40
Kind of related:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/Vettely/A6489CB6-28DE-4082-9FDF-52AC29068BA5-687-000001A16013AE61.jpg

cowboywannabe
01-01-2013, 19:42
5. Closer to home, Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayans, unable to defend themselves against their ruthless dictatorship, were arrested and exterminated.

waidaminut, its their own fault what with that calender and all they shuolda seen it coming.

Glock Man_G19
01-01-2013, 20:36
Have them watch this. If this doesn't explain the need for keeping guns nothing will.

gun control The History of Gun Control - FULL LENGTH - YouTube

dougader
01-01-2013, 20:37
Good writing.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Bean Farmer
01-11-2013, 19:03
Fear a government that fears your guns.

Bean Farmer

Kingarthurhk
01-11-2013, 19:11
And this:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/gun-control_zps52a14d22.jpg

So, the only thing you gained from the horrific holocaust of millions of Jews is "gun control". Really? I am against violations of the 2A as well. But, this is just disgusting and wrong.

JMS
01-11-2013, 19:14
I'm not as concerned about the government coming after me, I'm against the government making more laws that won't change a thing, nor make any of us safer. It's always easier to go after law abiding citizens than criminals. In addition any of these massacres could have been committed with a revolver and pockets full of ammo. The underlying issue is that nobody was there to shoot back, that's the only reoccurring theme.

I also love how the same people that are pushing for an AWB (Congress) enjoys the protection of armed security, our banks have guards protecting money, yet to have our children protected in schools is crazy?

furioso2112
01-11-2013, 19:28
Consider the reaction if you replied: "I'm most certainly NOT against it. In fact, I have signed up to be part of house-to-house searches for unregistered firearms. In fact, you're on my list. I'll be stopping by your place, unannounced, very soon, to search every nook and cranny of your house for unregistered firearms. If I find any, I'll have some questions for you. If I don't, I'll search harder, and return again. Certainly you support this, to save the innocent Jesusbabies from sure death at the hands of insane murderers with access to weapons of mass destruction, right? After all, we need A LOT of people to sign up to do these searches, and who better to search your home, car, person, than people you know and work with, right? You trust me, don't you? To search your drawers and every other bit of your personal belongings? Certainly the sure freedom and comfort that this will provide against the lunatics out there is worth this small cooperation, compliance, no? "

If the person begins to look a bit uneasy, pull out a pad of paper, take a more inquisitive and accusatory stance, and grill them - "now, wait a minute - I sense reluctance...why is that? You have something to hide? Hmmm? Tell me your address, please. Insist on an address. You have nothing to fear, right? You don't have these evil guns or magazines, do you? Certainly verifying that is no intrusion? (take on a false German accent at this point - or something along the lines of the dude in Star Wars that interrogated Leia Organa - "YOU PREFER ANOTHER TARGET? A MILITARY TARGET? THEN NAME...THE...SYSTEM." (then, as you destroy your co-worker's home planet, dismissively state "you're far too trusting....")

concretefuzzynuts
01-11-2013, 22:32
So, the only thing you gained from the horrific holocaust of millions of Jews is "gun control". Really? I am against violations of the 2A as well. But, this is just disgusting and wrong.

You assume that because I post a picture on the internet? Judge people much?

BEER
01-11-2013, 22:35
do not answer the question. walk away and discontinue any further contact or interaction with the person/people asking you such an asinine question. be done with them and save yourself the headache of speaking with or to them any further.

BicycleDay43
01-11-2013, 22:40

I feel like you're arguing just to argue. Does the picture he posted not hold a great point of view?

Sent from the Duke City using OHM

ilgunguygt
01-11-2013, 22:53
If you came up with that because of a single post why dont you tell us his hair color and what he had for dinner too? Go troll somewhere else.:steamed:

BEER
01-11-2013, 22:58

only thing? no.

most important thing? no.

a valid point? yes.

trust me, the dude has a solid head on his shoulders and he's not trying to make light of, or trivilize the ordeal the jewish people suffered during that horrific time, but his point in this context is valid and poignant.

arclight610
01-12-2013, 00:05
Nothing like that can happen again. We live in modern times. We have the internet now.

vettely
01-12-2013, 00:39
Nothing like that can happen again. We live in modern times. We have the internet now.
Sarcasm? Right?

GreenDrake
01-12-2013, 05:28
I find it fascinating how hard the left labels us gun owners when we cite the Constitution or support our 2A rights. "paranoid" "what are you afraid of" "why would anyone need that weapon", etc. I have no paranoia, nor really need to share the Wolves, Sheep and Sheepdog passage again and again. When someone asks me why I carry, I simply ask "Why DON'T you?".

tsmo1066
01-12-2013, 09:40

I know you're being sarcastic, but that statement reminds me of one of Elie Wiesel's quotes from Night:

“I told him that I did not believe that they could burn people in our age, that humanity would never tolerate it . . .”

HexHead
01-12-2013, 09:56
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab89/Glock40guy/Obamawillnotwin_zps0a257af4.jpg

I wonder where that German soldier got that Sten?

CitizenOfDreams
01-12-2013, 10:55

Looks more like MP18 to me.

m2hmghb
01-12-2013, 11:16

That's not a Sten. The barrel has a jacket, the Sten never did. It's probably an MP28

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP_18#Evolution

Gunhaver
01-12-2013, 11:30
Kind of related:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/Vettely/A6489CB6-28DE-4082-9FDF-52AC29068BA5-687-000001A16013AE61.jpg

The funniest thing about that picture is how many people here on GT were cheering on the "more government" side. If they'd do that to unarmed protesters then what do you think they have in store for people that don't comply with new gun laws?

Hint: Much of what they have in store is over in Cop Talk laughing their butts off at the fact that they're government, so they'll always have their guns.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461308&page=7