Ammo sold out? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo sold out?

SprawlnBrawl
01-01-2013, 19:04
Hi fellow glockers, I have been a member less then a year. I usually just read never post it but now I'm really concern. I became a proud gun owner of G23 and became an active shooter and ccw carrier about a 1.5 year ago. Anyways due to financial issues I didn't prep enough and can't find ammo anywhere, I bought some high cap mags from glockstore and my order still pending. I already have the money for an AR 15 was planning to buy early Jan that is down the drain. Now they are talking about consfication? Since I became an active shooter I became much more aware of our constitution and how lucky we are to have it. We need to stay together and strong. Now where can I find some ammo? Lol

dango
01-01-2013, 19:15
Yeah , and I'm getting tired of it ! Three trips trying to catch the delivery guy and nothing but COB-WEBS ! What the hell is a COB any-how ?................:shocked:

tarpleyg
01-01-2013, 19:31
Calm down and breathe. No one is confiscating anything. If we gunowners all stick together and make sure our voices are heard, nothing will come of all this. Make sure you're doing your part. Take that money you're saving on ammo and guns and join the NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, JPFO, GOA, and whatever state level gun group you have there. Write and call your elected representatives, both state and federal. Educate yourself and then use that knowledge to educate everyone you encounter.

*ASH*
01-01-2013, 19:35
dont freak out , no ban is coming . let all the panic die down .

Phaze5ive
01-01-2013, 19:40
If you buy into the hype, you're just going to hurt yourself financially. Unless you absolutely need it, let things cool down, ammo prices drop, and then shop. This kind of scare happens all the time.

dango
01-01-2013, 19:43
It's not really a panic for ammo thing , it's more of years and years of off the beaten trail ! (BACK-PACKER'S SYNDROME),
Over prepare cause God only knows....!

Thank you , I feel much better now !........:supergrin:

I shoot a lot and just try to replace what I shoot. I still got plenty , just old habits !

tarpleyg
01-01-2013, 20:03
I'm buying a reloading press next month because I can't afford factory ammo prices, even before this last round of hoopla. I can reload for about 40% of what I am currently paying.

milje
01-01-2013, 20:06
Lots of ammo available here. I bought 700 rounds of 9mm this weekend and they still have plenty left. 40 and 45 there was even more of.

Normal prices here also. I bought the second box of 250 rounds just because I had a 10% off coupon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Ragnar
01-01-2013, 20:32
Lots of ammo available here. I bought 700 rounds of 9mm this weekend and they still have plenty left. 40 and 45 there was even more of.

Normal prices here also. I bought the second box of 250 rounds just because I had a 10% off coupon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

No linkie?

adamg01
01-01-2013, 20:34

You seriously believe that the old 94 ban won't be reinstated with some tweaks?

*ASH*
01-01-2013, 20:36
You seriously believe that the old 94 ban won't be reinstated with some tweaks?

honestly i dont feel it . could i be wrong ? yeah ask my wife lol

Riverkilt
01-01-2013, 20:36
Tried to order from Cabella's and they're sold out of all 9mm - even aluminum case - through the end of the month - and that's just an estimate.

Get all you can before the hoarders get there!

Kalmah
01-01-2013, 20:46
Now where can I find some ammo?

Here is a good place to start looking.
http://gun-deals.com/ammo

boone10
01-01-2013, 21:06
I'm buying a reloading press next month because I can't afford factory ammo prices, even before this last round of hoopla. I can reload for about 40% of what I am currently paying.

I've considered reloading several times, but the upfront costs are just not attractive. I've taken the money I would have spent on all the equipment and supplies (at least twice) and just bought ammo. Reloading is also time consuming and demands concentration--neither time nor concentration fit my extra-busy lifestyle right now.

Best of luck to you and I hope you make it work. It does pay for itself eventually, but depends solely on how much (and what) you shoot.

BTW, the OPs use of the term "active shooter" may be slightly inappropriate, but we all know what he means.

adamg01
01-01-2013, 21:08
honestly i dont feel it . could i be wrong ? yeah ask my wife lol

If you need mags or an "assault rifle", you should seriously be worried. It is coming, I don't think it will go as far as confiscation or even registration.

*ASH*
01-01-2013, 21:08
I've considered reloading several times, but the upfront costs are just not attractive. I've taken the money I would have spent on all the equipment and supplies (at least twice) and just bought ammo. Reloading is also time consuming and demands concentration--neither time nor concentration fit my extra-busy lifestyle right now.

Best of luck to you and I hope you make it work. It does pay for itself eventually, but depends solely on how much (and what) you shoot.

BTW, the OPs use of the term "active shooter" may be slightly inappropriate, but we all know what he means.

same here . to upfront costs . best solution is to become friends with a reloader . better yet a reloader with a boat :rofl:

JackMac
01-02-2013, 09:31
ammoman.com

Bruce M
01-02-2013, 09:44
Presuming for a moment that one is responsible for every round that is fired exactly what is it that an AR15 will do that, for instance, a lever action 30-30 does not?

G36's Rule
01-02-2013, 09:53
Presuming for a moment that one is responsible for ever round that is fired exactly what is it that an AR15 will do that, for instance, a lever action 30-30 does not?

Fire more rounds accurately in considerably less time. Also quicker to reload.

GAFinch
01-02-2013, 09:54
My local Academy Sports is constantly getting in small amounts of ammo but 95% of it is sold by the early afternoon. If they're still getting some, I'm sure Walmart and others are also but it just sells out so quickly.

GAFinch
01-02-2013, 09:56
Presuming for a moment that one is responsible for ever round that is fired exactly what is it that an AR15 will do that, for instance, a lever action 30-30 does not?

Customizable rifle that shoots cheaper ammo that won't over-penetrate walls in urban settings, where most of the country resides.

phil evans
01-02-2013, 10:07

i'm acknowledging here, that your exterior doors do not possess locking devices !
however here, i'm adhering to the scout motto of "be prepared"

GAFinch
01-02-2013, 10:42
Here's some ammo for you:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/handgun-ammunition/40-s-w.html

Bruce M
01-02-2013, 11:02
Fire more rounds accurately in considerably less time. Also quicker to reload.

How many rounds are necessary presuming they all end up in the intended target?

Customizable rifle that shoots cheaper ammo that won't over-penetrate walls in urban settings, where most of the country resides.

Is it customizable enough to make it hit the target instead of the walls?

G36's Rule
01-02-2013, 11:06

Is it customizable enough to make it hit the target instead of the walls?

You asked what it will do that a lever action 30-30 can't. You got a couple answers.

So you changed the question.

IceAxe
01-02-2013, 11:08

depends on how many targets one is engaging

Bruce M
01-02-2013, 11:17
You asked what it will do that a lever action 30-30 can't. You got a couple answers.

So you changed the question.

depends on how many targets one is engaging

Maybe I need to ask a different question. In what type of realistic self defense situation would one be in in which an AR15 would make a difference that a lever action 30-30 would not?

wolf19r
01-02-2013, 21:23
I dont think that the penetration part is correct. I have seen .223/5.56 fly through steel plates. The 30-30 I have very limited time on.

RMTactical
01-02-2013, 21:32
Spend some of your ammo money on an NRA membership.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy

Also, write your congressmen and let them know you will not tolerate any gun restrictions.