forum question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : forum question

Smoker
01-02-2013, 07:02
Is there a tool/way to screen out all the opinions and speculation, political threads on this and other forums?? I'd like to be able to read just talk on guns, reloading things like they used to be.

Lone Wolf8634
01-02-2013, 07:06
Is there a tool/way to screen out all the opinions and speculation, political threads on this and other forums?? I'd like to be able to read just talk on guns, reloading things like they used to be.

There are many forums here. The one you're posting in is General Non Glocking. Thats kinda what we do here. Try General Glocking or any of the firarm/reloading forums for what you're looking for.

czsmithGT
01-02-2013, 07:19

Stay out of the GNG Lounge, Political and Religious Forums. Problem solved. There are lots of forums on this site that fit your specifications. Use them.

IndyGunFreak
01-02-2013, 07:21
Stay out of the GNG Lounge, Political and Religious Forums. Problem solved. There are lots of forums on this site that fit your specifications. Use them.

:goodpost:

Eric
01-02-2013, 07:40
Well, I've always found that reading each thread title and then deciding if it sounded like a thread I wanted to read is a good start. The best filter is between your ears.

Seriously, we aren't talking about the library of Congress here. It doesn't take much time to scan a day's worth of new threads to find those that are relevant to one's interests. I do try pretty hard to keep things organized and each forum on target, but people will be people. Trying to control how people use a site like this is like trying to herd cats. Eric

Smoker
01-02-2013, 07:59
will do, thanks for the quick replies. I realize it is what it is but most of the gun type forums I read seem to be full of the above mentioned stuff that just isn't my cup of tea. Thanks again.

HerrGlock
01-02-2013, 08:03
Just something to think about:

If everyone took that stance to not read about anything political and speculation then before long there would be no reason to have a reloading forum or any type of gun forum other than "Remember when...?" types.

It gets overloaded a bit but generally it's the same posters who drag all the other garbage into the threads. Watch out for threads that look political as well.

Gallium
01-02-2013, 08:07

Yes sir. That tool is called the brain. Use it, or lose it.

:cool:

NDCent
01-02-2013, 08:09
will do, thanks for the quick replies. I realize it is what it is but most of the gun type forums I read seem to be full of the above mentioned stuff that just isn't my cup of tea. Thanks again.

Maybe you should try a tea forum. :dunno: