Indian women turning to guns for protection from rape epidemic there [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Indian women turning to guns for protection from rape epidemic there

Fox
01-02-2013, 11:37
Women in Delhi are rushing to apply for gun licenses in the aftermath of the gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old medical student who died in hospital last weekend, but most will be left defenseless as a result of India’s strict gun control laws.

http://www.infowars.com/indian-women-turn-to-guns-after-gang-rape-outcry/

It's a shame that the gun control laws there make them defenseless.

cowboywannabe
01-02-2013, 12:16
gun control, a result of people getting the government they deserve.

Baba Louie
01-02-2013, 12:37
gun control, a result of people getting the government they deserve.Or it could be, having the powers that be shove it down their throats with no legal method to change that status. My caste is better than your caste, we can hire armed guards and you can scratch with the chickens. If one goes back in time, it's all the Brits fault anyway... for much the same reasoning.

This whole subjugation of females as, I dunno, lower class property to violate due to honor or on a whim or because it's Wednesday and I'm bored... pretty barbaric to me. Listening to the BBC last week, reported rape in India is guestimated at 25% the actual numbers reported due to fear of retaliation from victims family and/or rapists family being dishonored?!?! :shocked:

My sister was raped so now I must kill her for the familiy honor?! :wow:

They can't even pass a bill to identify known Rapists due to the stigma that might put on families and the actual rapists!

So gun control isn't the only issue they're looking at dealing with, by far. Just one of many. But then, my culture is not their culture (thank you Lord).

.264 magnum
01-02-2013, 13:06
gun control, a result of people getting the government they deserve.

In large part Indian gun control goes back to the Brits. Hmmmm.......

raven11
01-02-2013, 13:11
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mahtma Gandhi, Indian Political Leader

janice6
01-02-2013, 13:15
They were disarmed to subjugate them. it seems it worked.

Your safety is less important than my control.