Movie grill [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Movie grill

gwalchmai
01-02-2013, 13:27
Went to the studio movie grill last night and saw The Hobbit in 3D. Confirmed my dislike for both the movie grill concept and 3D.

If I go to a movie I want to see the movie, not futz around ordering (in the dark), being served (in the dark) and paying a check (in the dark). All while trying not to disturb the other patrons.

3D? What were they thinking? It's fuzzy, dark, and the glasses block your peripheral vision so you can't see the waiters when they bring your insanely overpriced food.

And it was too loud. I still have a little headache, although to be fair that might be from the 3D glasses. But I have to wonder if the decisions about sound in theaters aren't made by 16 year old boys.

The movie? It was OK, although I really think it would be better if they just used the book as the screenplay, or very close to it. I know that would hurt the bottom line, but maybe Jackson could make Silmarillion movies or use all the "other" Tolkien material found in a closet after his death. I bet "Bored of the Rings" would be a sellout. ;)

DanaT
01-02-2013, 14:13
But beer served in the movie theater is a GOOD idea.

coastal4974
01-02-2013, 14:22
We have the restaurant/movie here but it's separate. I love the comfy theater seats, $4 beers and less youts.

The hobbit in 2d, don't like 3d and I didn't like the movie.

tarpleyg
01-02-2013, 15:13
But beer served in the movie theater is a GOOD idea.
I disagree. When I drink beer, I have to pee. When I go pee, I miss parts of the movie. Nothing sucks more than sitting there with your legs crossed like a little girl while waiting for a break in the action. I do agree that a 3D movie at a movie grill is just stupid.

RonS
01-02-2013, 15:40
My wife is legally blind in one eye and my daughter gets migranes from 3D movies so I am not subjected to them. If I want to eat, I want to see the food, I don't want to eat while watching a movie and I don't want to listen to other people eat while I watch a movie. So, I'll hopefully never have to go to one.

And I detested the Peter Jackson Jumps the Shark movie.