Red Alert: All Hands... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert: All Hands...

G29Reload
01-02-2013, 18:44
Email received earlier from the President of my States Rights org VCDL in VA that credible info has been heard that higher ups in the R's congressional caucus have been suggesting there may be compromise on magazine size or other such non-sequitor AWB reaction to recent events in order to portray the R'S as "reasonable".

This should become the equivalent of a Levin Surge. If you dont know who your congressman is, get on the interwebs and find out! Call, write and dont stop till this is over.

Be polite but firm: No compromise. Vote for any gun control and it will be my last vote for you! Any doubt, remind them what happened in 1994. No private sale restrictions, no cap limits, nothing. Sandy Hook had nothing to do with gun control.

Let em know people, nows the time. They do listen, give them an avalanche.

deputy tom
01-02-2013, 18:53
I contacted mine and got a reply that I don't like. He is going to go along with ANY awb bill that comes along. He is a Demunist. tom.:steamed:

IceAxe
01-02-2013, 18:56
so the re-pubics aren't content with just rolling over with their legs in the air, they want to auger into the ground at high velocity

:steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

dango
01-02-2013, 18:59
I contacted mine and got a reply that I don't like. He is going to go along with ANY awb bill that comes along. He is a Demunist. tom.:steamed:

Yeap ! I do believe it's gotten to the point of out-right tyranny !
I don't think they give a crap what we think !

Things are going to get UGLY !.......:steamed:

INJoker
01-02-2013, 19:01
I'm not trying to be an alarmist here, but the Republicans did not do well in this past election by any stretch of the imagination. They're running out of steam.

Of course they're going to commit some populist sins to try to regain a bit of momentum...

G29Reload
01-02-2013, 19:15

Keep contacting him. Even if they dont switch, they do keep score. If they're buried under an avalanche and reminded of 94 when the dems last lost congress, suggest that he also extend unemployment benefits because hes going to be needing them.

Thats no joke people. Even clinton admitted he lost the congress for the first time in decades because because of the awb and they didnt regain it for 22 years.

Your congressman ignores you at his peril.

If you have an R and hes weak kneed, keep up the pressure.

The Habit
01-02-2013, 19:15
http://docthompsonshow.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/the-republicans-have-already-given-in/

http://docthompsonshow.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/email-from-cap-hill.jpg?w=910

byf43
01-02-2013, 19:17
Unfortunately, I have Steny Hoyer, Barbara Mikulski and Ben Cardin, as my Representative and Senators in D.C.

I have written Hoyer and Mikulski in the past, as well as Cardin's predecessor, Paul Sarbanes.

Barbara Mikulski has told me, in a letter, that she "does not care what her constituents think, she votes her conscience."
(Her words!)

Maryland. "The Free State." :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glock20 10mm
01-02-2013, 19:57
Sam Farr is mine... he's been getting a lot from myself and others, but it's a waste of time as he will not vote on the side of the Constitution or liberty. Sam has an F rating from the NRA and has the record to prove he will not listen to reason.

JJohnson
01-02-2013, 20:18
Tom Latham, IA is mine. He has an A form the NRA.

Letter sent anyway...

thejellster05
01-02-2013, 20:56
Wrote mine today-felt good

frank4570
01-02-2013, 21:10
Unfortunately, the pro-gun party is the same party that has pissed off hispanics, gays, women, blacks......well it's a pretty long list. And the population has changed.

We should have been bringing all of those people to the shooting range a long time ago. It's too late now.

jfost11
01-02-2013, 21:19
I sent a letter about an hour ago to all of my representatives. Like a few others have stated, I have reservations about what good it will do.
In my area of VA, I'm stuck with democrat Bobby Scott and he's been listed as having an F or a D+ rating from the NRA depending on where you look. Democrat senator Tim Kaine also has a F rating as well as a video condemning him on the home page of the NRA PVF. Democrat senator Jim Webb has carried an A in the past but has been very vocal about new gun control since Sandy Hook.
At least VA's republican house representatives outnumber the democrats eight to three. One can hope it will matter.

frank4570
01-02-2013, 22:09
I sent a letter about an hour ago to all of my representatives. Like a few others have stated, I have reservations about what good it will do.
In my area of VA, I'm stuck with democrat Bobby Scott and he's been listed as having an F or a D+ rating from the NRA depending on where you look. Democrat senator Tim Kaine also has a F rating as well as a video condemning him on the home page of the NRA PVF. Democrat senator Jim Webb has carried an A in the past but has been very vocal about new gun control since Sandy Hook.
At least VA's republican house representatives outnumber the democrats eight to three. One can hope it will matter.

I've also emailed all of our reps in Va. I hope it helps.

G29Reload
01-02-2013, 23:20
Bottom line: If you're reading this
If you live in the US
Write your congressman…NOW.

frank4570
01-02-2013, 23:26
Why the frack can't I get an email through to Tim Kaine? Failure notice, failure notice failure notice.

RenoF250
01-02-2013, 23:29
I'm not trying to be an alarmist here, but the Republicans did not do well in this past election by any stretch of the imagination. They're running out of steam.

Of course they're going to commit some populist sins to try to regain a bit of momentum...

And they will just end up pissing of the people that did vote for them. They are idiots.

rolltide_pisco
01-02-2013, 23:44
For me I'll be e-mailing Ed Whitfield and Senators Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul

stevelyn
01-03-2013, 00:00
I contacted mine and my senators. Of course my congressman is firmly on our side and I don't need to worry about him voting for Feinswine's d-bag bill.

OTOH, I am concerned that he shows up to vote when the time comes. :freak:

Folsom_Prison
01-03-2013, 00:01
I'm in Kansas, just sent an email to Pat Roberts. I'll work on more tommorow!

bambikilr
01-03-2013, 00:11
I have & know that my Oklahoma guys are with me as I have recieved replies back, but we still have all the Dems & celebs out there (along with the media) very sad

G29Reload
01-03-2013, 00:20
Why the frack can't I get an email through to Tim Kaine? Failure notice, failure notice failure notice.

hasnt been sworn in yet!

carbuncle
01-03-2013, 00:32
Emails sent!

samuse
01-03-2013, 08:54
I honestly think they'll compromise on the AWB issue, cave-in and let most anything pass.

Reason?

They don't give a **** about us and it'll let 'em stand on their pet issues while being able to say "WE compromised"...

LSUAdman
01-03-2013, 09:30
Sent my people another letter first thing this morning; also reposted links on my facebook to get others stirred up.

NeverMore1701
01-03-2013, 10:28
If you're just now writing your congress critters, you're behind the ball.