12 Gauge Shotguns More Lethal Than ARs In Newtown Type Crimes... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 12 Gauge Shotguns More Lethal Than ARs In Newtown Type Crimes...

Durden
01-02-2013, 22:16
...Ergo, 12 gauge shotguns should be banned before AR-15 type rifles are banned, if lethality of a weapon is the compelling state interest that Congress attempts to use as legal justification to regulate or restrict the manufacture and sale of AR-15s.

sappy13
01-02-2013, 22:21
I cant even imagine the outrage the public will have if the shotgun in the trunk turns out to be a saiga 12. The media will have a hayday. The idea of a shotgun that can use a 10 round regular mag or a drum mag will blow peoples minds. Its gona suck

stevelyn
01-02-2013, 22:55
I understand what you are saying from a technical standpoint, but the reality is you're merely trading one type of firearm for another.

The real issue is waterhead kids that need to be locked up aren't, and instead they are drugged up on chemical cocktails pushed by the healthcare-pharmaceutical industrial complex that screws up already screwed up brain wiring and turned loose on the rest of us.

Durden
01-03-2013, 00:00
I understand what you are saying from a technical standpoint, but the reality is you're merely trading one type of firearm for another.

The real issue is waterhead kids that need to be locked up aren't, and instead they are drugged up on chemical cocktails pushed by the healthcare-pharmaceutical industrial complex that screws up already screwed up brain wiring and turned loose on the rest of us.

Mental health issues aside (that's waaaaay tooooo complicated for CONgress to understand, let alone try and effectively deal with, balancing privacy rights & public safety), I'm stating that any reasons stated by anti-RTKBA legislators in the wake of the Newtown tragedy for restricting access to ARs could apply equally and even more so to 12 gauge shotguns.

But 12 gauge shotguns aren't "evil" enough a target for the anti-RTKBA crowd. They know that if they announce an intent to restrict or more intensely regulate the sale of 12 gauge shotguns, it would create an uproar amongst even the FUDDs. So they don't announce any such intent.

bambikilr
01-03-2013, 00:16
agreed, but...it's an evil black rifle....machine gun...really!!!! liberal media at it's best

Harper
01-03-2013, 00:21
The 94 AWB included regulations regarding shotguns. They will just label Saigas as an assault weapon saying no hunter needs a semi-automatic high capacity gun. They wouldn't try to ban wood grain shotguns without pistol grips.

stevelyn
01-03-2013, 00:22
True. There are plenty of elitist Fudds in their own ranks.

TKM
01-03-2013, 00:22
Are you trying to help?:dunno:

Durden
01-03-2013, 00:29
Are you trying to help?:dunno:

I am.

It's my genuine belief that an attempt to grab anything other than single shot shotguns, which might as well be relegated to C&R status even among water fowl hunters, would open up a can of backlash whoopass that would smack Congressional imbeciles down, and that if the argument is put forth that a 12 gauge shotgun is more lethal at close distances than an AR "black rifle," it's tough to refute on the facts.

TKM
01-03-2013, 00:46
"They" won't remove anything from any lists. "They" only add more lethal or scary weapons.

Desert Eagle, too big.:dunno:
Saturday Night Special, too small.:dunno:

AR, too scary.:dunno:

Mini-14, too lethal.:dunno:

Just trying to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Who has the right hands?:dunno:

Pawcatch@aol.co
01-03-2013, 02:00
I am.

It's my genuine belief that an attempt to grab anything other than single shot shotguns, which might as well be relegated to C&R status even among water fowl hunters, would open up a can of backlash whoopass that would smack Congressional imbeciles down, and that if the argument is put forth that a 12 gauge shotgun is more lethal at close distances than an AR "black rifle," it's tough to refute on the facts.

I think everybody should have a few single barrel shotguns stashed around their property.They're tough,ultra reliable,and cheap.Anytime I see a used single shot in good condition,I snatch it up.Another good thing about them is you can teach a non-shooter to use one in about five minutes.
I'm rarely without my H&R Tamer in 20 guage.

bassman-dan
01-03-2013, 02:32
You are trying to inject logic into a discussion where the attitude has changed to doing something even if it is wrong.
I think that most people are willing to trade away their rights for what they perceive is more security- even though they are mistaken.
The gun banners will willingly string them along with assurances that more restrictive gun laws are the answer. When that doesn't work, more restrictions will always be the solution.
It was all over when we lost the last election. The morons are in charge now and we can only delay the inevitable.

Andy W
01-03-2013, 07:14
I cant even imagine the outrage the public will have if the shotgun in the trunk turns out to be a saiga 12. The media will have a hayday. The idea of a shotgun that can use a 10 round regular mag or a drum mag will blow peoples minds. Its gona suck

Of course 20 kids being dead is horrible enough and this shouldn't even have to be brought up but imagine what would have happened had he used the Saiga 12 instead of the AR.

Bren
01-03-2013, 07:21
Shotguns were used more for the "gangland" murders of the 20's and 30's that inspired the NFA, but it was still the machinegun, more popular in the movies, that they went after.

John Rambo
01-03-2013, 07:25
Terry Crews Auto Shotgun Scene - The Expendables HQ - YouTube

Oh, the humanity!

douggmc
01-03-2013, 07:37
Lets nit forget ... Something no politician wants to talk about (because they are either stupid or don't care or both) is that in 2010 roughly 350 people were killed by rifles (of ALL types), while more than 6000 people were killed with handguns. The same proportion holds up historically. This is straight from the "gold standard" source ... The FBI crime statistics website.

How can any politician that legitimately cares about stopping needless deaths, with a straight face, lobby to ban "assault" rifles when faced with this statistic?

This is what bothers more than the logical fallacy "gun control" proponent politicians operate under, the absolute lack if fact based policy making based on real data.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)