Best sights for duty use [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best sights for duty use

TRPguy
01-03-2013, 00:51
I'm wondering what would be the best sights are for competition & home defense would be. I know night sights are great but I'm curious about the Warren Tactical Sevigny sights. I have a weapon light attached to my G34 so the glow of the tritium would be absent at night anyway. What does everyone think and why?

GenoTac Ind.
01-10-2013, 05:05
I'm wondering what would be the best sights are for competition & home defense would be. I know night sights are great but I'm curious about the Warren Tactical Sevigny sights. I have a weapon light attached to my G34 so the glow of the tritium would be absent at night anyway. What does everyone think and why?

As you said any sort of night sights are good. The Warren tactical sights are great as they have a pretty big rear sight and a tall front. I'm partial to tactical sights adopted from competition sights. I run Heinie slant pros and like the big rear and tall front, I also like the horizontal serrations on both front and back, this is comes from my competition shooting days. I will eventually switch them to the straight eights. I run Trijicon Tritium three dots on my G35 duty gun, I will also be switching those to the Straight Eights.

Big rear sights and tall front sights are what I would go with, night sighted preferrably.

my .02

walkin' trails
01-12-2013, 20:20
The best pistol sights are what you find work best for you. Like GenoTac, I prefer the Heinies, and have them on three pistols. I also have a set of 10 Performance, and have used Trijicons, and tried XS Big Dot and Warrens. I settled on the Heinies mainly because the tall, serrated front sight offers a crisper picture and my eyes pick up on it as fast as any other type I've used, including fiber optics.