America's 5 Most Dangerous Cities [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : America's 5 Most Dangerous Cities

Bren
01-03-2013, 07:32
From the AARP - America's 5 Most Dangerous Cities (http://www.aarp.org/travel/destinations/info-02-2012/five-most-dangerous-cities.html?cmp=BAC-OUTBRAIN-TECHNOLOGY_12066500_The-5-Most-Dangerous-Cities-in-the-US)

For those who don't want to read, they are:
Flint, MI
Detroit (duh)
St. Louis, MO
New Haven, Conn.
and Memphis, TN

I was actually surprised any were in the "heavily armed" south, like the antis would have you believe. According to them, these cities should have been Dallas, Fairbanks, Louisville, Burlington, VT and Phoenix. Looking at those listed, I couldn't find much they have in common. :whistling:

cowboywannabe
01-03-2013, 07:42
From the AARP - America's 5 Most Dangerous Cities (http://www.aarp.org/travel/destinations/info-02-2012/five-most-dangerous-cities.html?cmp=BAC-OUTBRAIN-TECHNOLOGY_12066500_The-5-Most-Dangerous-Cities-in-the-US)

Flint, MI
Detroit (duh)
St. Louis, MO
New Haven, Conn.
and Memphis, TN

I was actually surprised any were in the "heavily armed" south, like the antis would have you believe. According to them, these cities should have been Dallas, Fairbanks, Louisville, Burlington, VT and Phoenix. Looking at those listed, I couldn't find much they have in common. :whistling:

all are in "shall issue" states except New Haven. Conn is a may issue but usually do issue like a shall issue.

IGotIt
01-03-2013, 07:43
"much" was noted and brought a smile................

Bren
01-03-2013, 08:00
all are in "shall issue" states except New Haven. Conn is a may issue but usually do issue like a shall issue.

And all are in the north, except Memphis. None are in high per capita gun ownership states (of which KY, with very low crime, is #1), unless you count Tennessee at 11th. Michigan is 37th of 50 in gun ownership, lowest of any of those states, but has 2 cities on the list. Makes you wonder...

Other than white folks being a minority, as in other "most dangerous cities" from D.C. to Chicago to Gary to New Orleans, I don't see anything that holds true across the board. Obviously, that can't be a factor - it's just the only common trait I saw between those and the other cities that I recall being homicide leaders through the years.

1-2man
01-03-2013, 08:05
Why does Detroit get a "duh"??? I'm sitting here right now in this fine city and haven't heard a gun shot...

...in hours.:supergrin:

czsmithGT
01-03-2013, 08:09
And all are in the north, except Memphis. None are in high per capita gun ownership states (of which KY, with very low crime, is #1), unless you count Tennessee at 11th. Michigan is 37th of 50 in gun ownership, lowest of any of those states, but has 2 cities on the list. Makes you wonder...

Other than white folks being a minority, as in other "most dangerous cities" from D.C. to Chicago to Gary to New Orleans, I don't see anything that holds true across the board. Obviously, that can't be a factor - it's just the only common trait I saw between those and the other cities that I recall being homicide leaders through the years.

They all have a history of Democratic party mayors.

Bren
01-03-2013, 08:13

There - 2 factors they have in common. We may be getting somewhere - but don't those 2 factors generally go hand in hand?

Dennis in MA
01-03-2013, 08:28
I'll say it again: Jim Morrison was right 40 years ago.

What "much" do you refer to, Bren??? Seems you have something specific in mind.

HexHead
01-03-2013, 08:36
Flint, MI
Detroit (duh)
St. Louis, MO
New Haven, Conn.
and Memphis, TN

Looking at those listed, I couldn't find much they have in common. :whistling:

Not to point out the obvious, but all you need to make that list is a large black population.

Bruce M
01-03-2013, 08:40
... (http://www.aarp.org/travel/destinations/info-02-2012/five-most-dangerous-cities.html?cmp=BAC-OUTBRAIN-TECHNOLOGY_12066500_The-5-Most-Dangerous-Cities-in-the-US). Looking at those listed, I couldn't find much they have in common. :whistling::rofl::rofl:

Baba Louie
01-03-2013, 08:43
Not to point out the obvious, but all you need to make that list is a "fair to middlin' size lawless" population. Change a couple of adjectives. No harm no foul. Just me being me pointing out the "obvious". :whistling:

harlenm
01-03-2013, 08:45
How is Chicago and Bridgeport not on that list?

gwalchmai
01-03-2013, 08:55
Looking at those listed, I couldn't find much they have in common. :whistling:
Are those peanut shells on the carpet? :supergrin:

Baba Louie
01-03-2013, 09:05
How is Chicago and Bridgeport not on that list?I too, was sorta surprised that Chicago did not make the list myself. I do know that the FBI won't use their crime stats for one reason or another (Cook books much?) but do enjoy reading Second City Cop's blog a few times a week just to keep abreast of the Windy City's goings on. Short of amazing and soon to be a National thing I'd bet what with our leadership emanating from there.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

Dennis in MA
01-03-2013, 09:06
Not to point out the obvious, but all you need to make that list is a large black population.

What about Jackson, MS and NO??? :upeyes:

Just wow.

LuckyNemo
01-03-2013, 09:23
Chicago should be on top of that list.....its like the middle east out here!

Baba Louie
01-03-2013, 09:32
Also just noticed the date of the article as Feb 2012, so that's all "old" stats. Can't wait to see the new list... what with crime rates trending down... :upeyes:

SpectreRider
01-03-2013, 09:34
tagged

Bren
01-03-2013, 09:37
What about Jackson, MS and NO??? :upeyes:

Just wow.

You are right, as anyone who follows crime statistics knows - Chicago and N.O. have been at the top of that list plenty, in other years, as have D.C. and many others.

I don't think Jackson has made the "most dangerous cities" and may not be big enough to count among them, but it has had a serious crime problem for a fairly small city (under 250,000 pop). "In 2010 the city violent crime rate in Jackson was higher than the violent crime rate in Mississippi by 265.76% and the city property crime rate in Jackson was higher than the property crime rate in Mississippi by 154.88%." http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/mississippi/jackson.html

glocking26
01-03-2013, 09:54
Where is Philadelphia on that list? There is body count here every morning.

SpectreRider
01-03-2013, 10:06

Flint, MI
Detroit (duh)
St. Louis, MO
New Haven, Conn.
and Memphis, TN

From US Census Quickfacts (2010 data)
Black persons, percent
CITY..................... City........... State.......... Multiple
Flint, MI................. 56.6%....... 14.2%............ 4X
Detroit, MI............. 82.7%....... 14.2%.......... 5.8X
St. Louis, MO.......... 49.2%....... 11.6%.......... 4.2X
New Haven, CT....... 35.4%...... 10.1%.......... 3.5X
Memphis, TN.......... 63.3%....... 16.7%.......... 3.8X

By definition, they are all ghettos. Just true. And tragic.

NOLA_glock
01-03-2013, 14:28
We must be taking a break for awhile, over here.

FriarTuck
01-03-2013, 14:46

Flint, MI
Detroit (duh)
St. Louis, MO
New Haven, Conn.
and Memphis, TN

I'm surprised the AARP would admit to this. Isn't noticing something like this deemed to be a 'thought-crime' in their circles?

GLWyandotte
01-03-2013, 14:51
Black persons, percent

I wouldn't say that defines them as ghettos.....but it doesn't help either.

vart
01-03-2013, 14:58
Does actual math support the racist accusations that black people commit more crimes than white people?

I want Rabbi and DevilDog to run the numbers before I'll believe black people are seemingly more violent and criminal than white people based on pure math.

Detectorist
01-03-2013, 15:05
The problem with St. Louis, is easy. White flight. Blacks emigrated from the South to St Louis where the jobs were.

GM had a few plants here, Corvette, Carter carbs were made here, many other factories closed down. Whites were able to move away and into the suburbs. The only thing keeping St. Louis alive are the 100,000 Bosnians which were resettled her during the war in Yugoslavia.

They vote Democrat every time.

The Fed
01-03-2013, 15:07
You only need to look at the ethnicity of the populations in the country's prisons compared to the overall ethnicity of the U.S.

cowboy1964
01-03-2013, 15:20
You only need to look at the ethnicity of the populations in the country's prisons compared to the overall ethnicity of the U.S.

Racist drug policies :whistling:

Scott3670
01-03-2013, 16:10
I would have put Camden, NJ on that list.

RyanSBHF
01-03-2013, 18:53

Sad and politically incorrect but true. New Haven is the only city on that list that does not have a majority black population. (N.H is approx 42% white and 35% black).

RyanSBHF
01-03-2013, 19:00
Does actual math support the racist accusations that black people commit more crimes than white people?

I want Rabbi and DevilDog to run the numbers before I'll believe black people are seemingly more violent and criminal than white people based on pure math.

We can argue why crime is higher in black areas but stats collected by the FBI, CDC and others prove it is true. Here's a map that breaks down the 500+ shooting in Chicago this year. Notice anything?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZLCDOIqguvg/UOYSdd-swOI/AAAAAAAABDI/Zp5JquEGOgQ/s1600/Screen+shot+2013-01-03+at+6.05.19+PM.png

RyanSBHF
01-03-2013, 19:07

Local, state and federal statistics aren't "accusations".

Men commit more violent crime than women. Does pointing that obvious fact out make me sexist?

GLWyandotte
01-03-2013, 19:52

Google prison stats. Even with Sharpton-like accusations of skewed conviction rates, the numbers are quite clear.

JDennis
01-03-2013, 20:04
I am surprised N.O., DC, Chicago and Baltimore didn't make the list.

Glockgeezer
01-03-2013, 21:40
Being black is not the only indicator of higher than average crime rates. It is however, a variable along with socio-economic's, rates of unemployment, drug usage, gang violence and lot's more that seem to prevail in area's with high minority concentrations. Creating ghetto's forms a culture where crime and violence is a method of survival and a way of life. It's a cycle that feeds on itself and welfare and entitlements are not a cure nor an answer. Giveaways only serve to feed the ego's of liberal politicians and perpetuate a broken system. Any real permanent solution would involve unthinkable and politically incorrect actions which most assuredly would be labeled racism. In short, there is no answer.

LuckyNemo
01-03-2013, 21:48
We can argue why crime is higher in black areas but stats collected by the FBI, CDC and others prove it is true. Here's a map that breaks down the 500+ shooting in Chicago this year. Notice anything?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZLCDOIqguvg/UOYSdd-swOI/AAAAAAAABDI/Zp5JquEGOgQ/s1600/Screen+shot+2013-01-03+at+6.05.19+PM.png

That Austin area "West Side" is where I go to work every day......its CRAZY there for sure.

LuckyNemo
01-03-2013, 21:53
Btw GlockGeezer......love the avatar pic
;)

mingaa
01-03-2013, 22:24
The Stouis stats are crap. Apples to oranges. They use St Louis city (318,000 pop) vs the 2.8 million in the contiguous region. The city and county have never merged like most other cities. St Louis is no different than an Indy, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati etc.

Watch when STD stats are released as well. I've lived in rough cities ( NYC, Baltimore, Detroit) this is a cultural capital with great parks, dining - a super cost of living etc. I don't stick around crapholes for 11 years. St Louis is a winner - the manipulative press are the losers!!

countrygun
01-03-2013, 22:33

I don't mean to be a "'grammar/syntax/lexicon Nazi" but that bordered on incoherent. I had to treat it like bebop jazz and try to figure out where it was going, not how the notes fitted (or didn't) together.

Jgurske
01-03-2013, 22:35
I do know that the FBI won't use their crime stats for one reason

I have been researching crime/race statistics on the internet since the 1990's and I've noticed a HUGE increase in censorship for about the last 8 years. For a long time the FBI was classifying hispanic as "WHITE" which inflated White crime.

The other big thing I've noticed is that you can't find inter-racial crime stats from the FBI on the internet anymore. A lot of this had to do with forums like Stormfront using Dept of Justice data from 2005 in particular to show over 35,000 White women raped by black males and less than 10 black women raped by Whites. David Duke was spreading these types of "Color of Crime" facts it was causing an uproar from the informed masses so it was quickly quelled to keep people uninformed to prevent an inevitable civil war in America.

RGbiker
01-03-2013, 22:58
I would have put Camden, NJ on that list.

Newark missed the list too.

Must be that New Joisey gun control keeping crime stats down......:whistling:

kirgi08
01-03-2013, 23:06
I don't mean to be a "'grammar/syntax/lexicon Nazi" but that bordered on incoherent. I had to treat it like bebop jazz and try to figure out where it was going, not how the notes fitted (or didn't) together.

No CG it didn't,it relates ta time on the "board".There are very,I mean VERY smart folk here.I would have said "intelligent" but I can't spell "intelligent".

The point being is the #s,they don't equate ta what Rahm states ect.'08.

countrygun
01-03-2013, 23:11
No CG it didn't,it relates ta time on the "board".There are very,I mean VERY smart folk here.I would have said "intelligent" but I can't spell "intelligent".

The point being is the #s,they don't equate ta what Rahm states ect.'08.

I got the gist of it but it kinda had a Yogi Berra quality to it.

"things are more like they are today than they have ever been""

I understand the desire to have the "number crunchers" interpret the raw data.

Harper
01-03-2013, 23:18

You can figure out the national murder rate by race from the FBI crime stats. I don't remember exact numbers but the murder rate among whites was a hair under 2.0 per 100,000 while for blacks it was 10-11 per 100,000.

DoubleWide
01-03-2013, 23:43
It's definitely a ghetto mentality thing.

Take Austin, IL. Last 5 years, 202 homicides in 7 sq miles. I'm sorry, but why would you even consider living in that area. Hell, why is LuckyNemo working in that area? Move. It's not that hard. I moved every year for awhile. If you're poor, you just have less to move.

I do understand that there are some good people that live in neighborhoods that grew bad around them.

Rabbi
01-03-2013, 23:46

It is true. Raw data shows that Blacks commit more crimes/violent crimes than White people per capita.

I am far from a bleeding heart but I would argue that those numbers, as true as they are, reflect a lot more about poverty/education/family than "Black people commit more crimes...."

Why do I say that? Because you can also say that "Poor undeducated people from broken families commit more crimes than anyone else" and that is also a true statement.

A lot of people want to "blame" black people or use their higher crime rate as proof of something racist. Ok, fine, but what does that do? If a car is painted an ugly color, pointing that out doesnt help the problem....no matter how true it is. At some point we have to ask "Why are there so many poor, uneducated black people from broken families?"

I dont have all the answers to that question. I am a very Nordic looking Jewish male who was fostered by a middle class black family in my teens. I have heard and seen things that were never meant for me. I have seen racism from people you would never expect it. I have seen a lack of it where other people are sure it exists.

elsolo
01-04-2013, 00:01
For a long time the FBI was classifying hispanic as "WHITE" which inflated White crime.

Hispanic is a victim category in the FBI database on racial crime, there is no Hispanic perpetrator category.
They are counted as white if they are the attacker, Hispanic if they are the victim.

That's one of many interesting tidbits I found out looking at FBI crime data.

LuckyNemo
01-04-2013, 00:31
It's definitely a ghetto mentality thing.

Take Austin, IL. Last 5 years, 202 homicides in 7 sq miles. I'm sorry, but why would you even consider living in that area. Hell, why is LuckyNemo working in that area? Move. It's not that hard. I moved every year for awhile. If you're poor, you just have less to move.

I do understand that there are some good people that live in neighborhoods that grew bad around them.

Wish I didn't have to but it pays the bills.....work city wide but mostly located in the West side
:)

Trust me.....I'm outta that area as quick as humanely possible
Couldn't PAY ME to LIVE there

TactiCool
01-04-2013, 00:55

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/crimestats

Tiro Fijo
01-04-2013, 02:56
Hispanic is a victim category in the FBI database on racial crime, there is no Hispanic perpetrator category.
They are counted as white if they are the attacker, Hispanic if they are the victim.

That's one of many interesting tidbits I found out looking at FBI crime data.

Bingo!! They stopped this in '76 I believe. Funny how the new ATF 4473 firearms form asks this question now(?). :dunno:

Maybe it aids the ATF in getting Fast & Furious weapons into the hands of the cartels faster. :supergrin:

:rofl:

Gray_Rider
01-04-2013, 03:09
Read the books.

Gray_Rider

Bren
01-04-2013, 04:50

A. Yes the math supports it and I have been looking at the math for a long time (since I ebcame a police officer in the 80's).

B. You show a very typical liberal flaw - you label is "racist" then ask if it's true. If you want the answer, you can easily look for yourself - US census data, profiles of the cities, FBI uniform crime reports - all free online.

C. As far back as 1995 or 1996, when I was in law school, I made a graph using the census data and uniform crime reports for the same year, and the line for per capita crime followed the line for % of african american population very closely all across the country.

D. I recall back in the 90's about the time I made my graph (and maybe the reason for it) that the NAACP reported that statistically a 20-something black man was 8 or 9 times more likely to commit a murder than a young white man of the same age. They admitted the data and looked for an answer to the problem.

If it is reality, do we label it "racist" or try to actually use the knowledge to accomplish something? Maybe even look for an answer - for instance, is this just the fact the black people are very overrepresented among the poor, and virtually all crime is committed by the poor?

Gunny Lingus
01-04-2013, 04:52

Thar she blows!!!!!!!

That and welfare demographics.

PEC-Memphis
01-04-2013, 08:21

Well the South side of Chicago
Is the baddest part of town
And if you go down there
You better just beware
Of a man named Leroy Brown

Glock!9
01-04-2013, 09:09
This is not a difficult concept to understand.
IT IS A CULTURAL PROBLEM...
It would not matter what race they are, they have adopted a failed culture.

aplcr0331
01-04-2013, 09:17

Why the appeal to a higher authority? Wouldn't it be better to see for yourself? I had the census data page up when it came out and happened to be reading a article on GT about crime that linked to the FBI UCR information.

By chance, I looked at race and went HOLY ****! I mean, all the things my parents told me, teachers, administrators, politicians, everyone. It was all a lie. I read the numbers for myself. Brought it up a few times and was called racist a lot and that was the end of it. Never be the first to stop clapping at a Stalin rally as they say.

Check the numbers for yourself, but don't go to deep into it, the shattering of what you thought you knew is painful and most people (like you are now) will never believe you.

You believe in Bigfoot without confirmation from Rabbi and Steve why the hell are you asking for their confirmation on statistics that are easily available on government websites?

OctoberRust
01-04-2013, 09:52
No Chicago ?

ustate
01-04-2013, 09:53
Woohoo, I've lived in two of those cities. I consider Detroit home (actually Livonia, a suburb of Detroit) and my parents now live in St. Louis (Florissant) and I spent a summer there in '94.

T-Rod45
01-04-2013, 09:58
#4 two years in a row! :faint:

For the past 2 years I've worked in New Haven, nights, making 15-20 home visits in the worst sections of the city. I've never had an issue, but I've always been armed. Now I have a cushy desk job on the day shift and only go out when needed...

vart
01-04-2013, 10:00
Why the appeal to a higher authority? Wouldn't it be better to see for yourself? I had the census data page up when it came out and happened to be reading a article on GT about crime that linked to the FBI UCR information.

By chance, I looked at race and went HOLY ****! I mean, all the things my parents told me, teachers, administrators, politicians, everyone. It was all a lie. I read the numbers for myself. Brought it up a few times and was called racist a lot and that was the end of it. Never be the first to stop clapping at a Stalin rally as they say.

Check the numbers for yourself, but don't go to deep into it, the shattering of what you thought you knew is painful and most people (like you are now) will never believe you.

You believe in Bigfoot without confirmation from Rabbi and Steve why the hell are you asking for their confirmation on statistics that are easily available on government websites?

My post was a tongue-in-cheek statement as to how some who live by hard data will ignore it when it challenges their personal beliefs...

Not mean't as a dig against Rabbi or DevilDog, since they have displayed the ability to acknowledge when their beliefs are not supported by the "math"...

I was first aware of the statistics when I was a student of criminal justice. I remember being in a sociology class and the very white and very liberal professor was telling the class how the numbers are a lie and skewed because of the "white man"...

dpadams6
01-04-2013, 11:03
I have been researching crime/race statistics on the internet since the 1990's and I've noticed a HUGE increase in censorship for about the last 8 years. For a long time the FBI was classifying hispanic as "WHITE" which inflated White crime.

The other big thing I've noticed is that you can't find inter-racial crime stats from the FBI on the internet anymore. A lot of this had to do with forums like Stormfront using Dept of Justice data from 2005 in particular to show over 35,000 White women raped by black males and less than 10 black women raped by Whites. David Duke was spreading these types of "Color of Crime" facts it was causing an uproar from the informed masses so it was quickly quelled to keep people uninformed to prevent an inevitable civil war in America.

WOW. That is HUGE. Was that for the entire country?

Baba Louie
01-04-2013, 11:15
No Chicago ? Again... THE FBI WILL NOT USE THEIR STATISTICS. COOK Co and the City of Chicago LIE or "cook" their crime books... on purpose. So you see, Chicago did not make the 5 worst or even the 10 worst, or even the 100 worst... see how that works?

Sad but true.

Bren
01-04-2013, 12:06

You might look at this thread: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461169

According to the listed races, Texas' top 10 most wanted criminals are 80% white. According to the pictures and names? 0%. The trend continues.

Jgurske
01-04-2013, 12:17
According to the listed races, Texas' top 10 most wanted criminals are 80% white. According to the pictures and names? 0%. The trend continues.

I've been researching this topic for almost 20 years now and I'm about to post the most "WOW" fact you've probably ever heard. If you take out all the violent crime committed by non Whites in America, the White violent crime rate in America is close to the lowest crime rates in the world. White crime in America is right up there with Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, etc..etc....for safest people in the world.

Once again....I'm just pointing out the facts. And good luck trying to find that information on the internet anymore because the multiculturalist libtards don't want the public to know the truth!!!!

PVolk
01-04-2013, 12:54
Flint and Detroit are damn near the same thing...

How does Chicago not make the top-5 list?

aplcr0331
01-04-2013, 13:59
If you take out all the violent crime committed by non Whites in America, the White violent crime rate in America is close to the lowest crime rates in the world. White crime in America is right up there with Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, etc..etc....for safest people in the world.

You see the same thing for our test scores. Now get back in line you racist.

RustyL
01-04-2013, 14:49
I can testify for Memphis. I have worked there throughout all my employment history. I'd be willing to bet over half the city ( Shelby County ) is on government assitance. It is a sheet hole...internally... they have been upgrading the outer perimeters around the city. The Memphis City and county governments have run off..due to taxation...a lot of good companies. Though, a lot of good companies are having trouble finding hopeful employees that can pass a drug test. So yeah, Memphis deserves number three spot.

Black persons, percent

PEC-Memphis
01-04-2013, 15:53
I can testify for Memphis. I have worked there throughout all my employment history. I'd be willing to bet over half the city ( Shelby County ) is on government assitance. It is a sheet hole...internally... they have been upgrading the outer perimeters around the city. The Memphis City and county governments have run off..due to taxation...a lot of good companies. Though, a lot of good companies are having trouble finding hopeful employees that can pass a drug test. So yeah, Memphis deserves number three spot.

Although this is a fairly old statistic from several years ago, 70% of all government assistance was distributed in Shelby County (majority of Shelby Co. population being in Memphis). I don't think it has improved lately.

Bren
01-04-2013, 15:55
Flint and Detroit and damn near the same thing...

How does Chicago not make the top-5 list?

Because there are other places, with the same issues discussed here, that have become even worse, (Atlanta, Baltimore, etc.) but Chicago is often on the list. Just not this year.

There are also different lists with different takes on which cities go on top - I saw one that somehow worked it out that most of the most dangerous cities were in Florida, but most are in agreement on Detroit, Flint, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc.

I found a list of the 100 most dangerous cities, but even with the least restrictive gun laws in America, and the highest rate of gun ownership in America, no Kentucky city made the list.:rofl:

1-2man
01-04-2013, 16:04
Woohoo, I've lived in two of those cities. I consider Detroit home (actually Livonia, a suburb of Detroit) and my parents now live in St. Louis (Florissant) and I spent a summer there in '94.

Livonia AIN'T Detroit...yet.

Flint and Detroit and damn near the same thing...

A good hour apart but pretty much.

happy seal
01-04-2013, 16:28
How is Chicago and Bridgeport not on that list?

B-port is not nearly as bad as it used to be. Roads lined with cars stripped down sitting on blocks. Kids on every corner.
New Haven is bad but it's at night and in certain areas. Mostly gang related problems spiking the numbers up. I work in and around there almost every day!

Bren
01-05-2013, 06:13
For Vart - I was looking for something else in the U.S. Attorneys' Criminal Resource Manual (http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm00102.htm) and found this by accident - you want numbers?

Among black males aged fourteen to seventeen, the murder rate from the mid-1970's to the mid-1980's consistently ran four to five times higher than the murder rate of similar aged white males. Id. Then, beginning about 1985, the murder rates rose for both groups, most dramatically among blacks. Id. For white males in this age group, the annual rate for murder arrests increased from 7.6 per 100,000 in 1987, to 13.6 per 100,000 in 1991. Id. In those four years, the arrest rate for murder by black males in this age group rose even faster, more than doubling from 50.4 to 111.8 per 100,000. Id.

So white teens commit 13.6 murders per 100,000 and black teens commit 111.8 murders per 100,000 - that is more than 8 times the murder rate. Seriously 822%. Also, I suspect that is the same statistical source as for the NAACP statistic I mentioned in another post in this thread.

mingaa
01-05-2013, 08:10
Flint and Detroit are damn near the same thing...

How does Chicago not make the top-5 list?Ummm- not really! Flint is an hour north of Detroit. On the way there you drive through the prosperous northern suburbs that are the NEWDetroit - Bloomfield Hills, Southfield, Royal Oak, Ferndale etc. I know the area well with family there for the last 25 years.

dpadams6
01-05-2013, 08:41
Ummm- not really! Flint is an hour north of Detroit. On the way there you drive through the prosperous northern suburbs that are the NEWDetroit - Bloomfield Hills, Southfield, Royal Oak, Ferndale etc. I know the area well with family there for the last 25 years.

Far apart? Yes. But once you get there, it is pretty much same thing.

gjk5
01-05-2013, 08:44
How about I break this down into real simple terms:

I have absolutely no power to change any supposed "socio-economic inequities" perpetrated upon any given racial subset.

I am much more likely to be a victim of a crime at the hands of "certain" races that others (for whatever reason, that is not relevant).

Therefore I will interact with people, who may be statistically more likely to commit a crime against me, far more cautiously than I may interact with others.

Does that make me a racist? I really don't give a **** if it does. It makes me NOT a naive idiot.

Bren
01-05-2013, 09:41
How about I break this down into real simple terms:

I have absolutely no power to change any supposed "socio-economic inequities" perpetrated upon any given racial subset.

I am much more likely to be a victim of a crime at the hands of "certain" races that others (for whatever reason, that is not relevant).

Therefore I will interact with people, who may be statistically more likely to commit a crime against me, far more cautiously than I may interact with others.

Does that make me a racist? I really don't give a **** if it does. It makes me NOT a naive idiot.

Agreed.

Jgurske
01-05-2013, 09:49
I'm so sick and tired of people blaming black crime on poverty. Being poor is no reason to shoot, rob, rape and kill people!

And one simple FACT of the matter is that West Virginia is the poorest State in America, it' also has the highest percentage of White people at around 96 percent....it has the LOWEST CRIME RATE of any State!!!!

West Virginia is PROOF that being poor doesn't mean high crime!!!!

vart
01-05-2013, 09:52
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/1206458.jpg