Al Gore Sells TV network to Al Jazeera [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore Sells TV network to Al Jazeera

Mr981
01-03-2013, 07:45
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/03/al-gore-nets-reported-100-million-in-sale-current-tv-to-al-jazeera/?test=latestnews

Nice deal for Al--he nets $100 million before taxes.

Time-Warner was getting ready to dump the network--if you wiki them and look at their "lineup" you have to wonder who would bother spending the time watching them--because of low ratings.

RedTop
01-03-2013, 07:51
Will anyone notice a difference?

NEVRL8T
01-03-2013, 07:54
Will anyone notice a difference?

Slightly. Now they will report that global warming is caused by the "Great Satan" that is Amerikkka. Lol.

Mr Spock
01-03-2013, 07:58
Slightly. Now they will report that global warming is caused by the "Great Satan" that is Amerikkka. Lol.

Wasn't that already what they said?

Andy W
01-03-2013, 08:09
I like Al Jazeera for international news.

SC Tiger
01-03-2013, 08:59
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/03/al-gore-nets-reported-100-million-in-sale-current-tv-to-al-jazeera/?test=latestnews

Time-Warner was getting ready to dump the network--if you wiki them and look at their "lineup" you have to wonder who would bother spending the time watching them--because of low ratings.

I didn't realize that Gore owned that ####box. Explains a lot.

KalashniKEV
01-03-2013, 10:32
I like Al Jazeera for international news.

+1

On US News though, Al Jazeera is actually one of the least biased networks.

Truth.

Fred Hansen
01-03-2013, 10:37
CNN a.k.a. Al Gorejizzonya is going to be so jealous!

hooligan74
01-03-2013, 10:50

Capitalism and free enterprise at work. :whistling:

Gonad
01-03-2013, 11:45
I have always wondered why Al Jazeera is allowed to operate and has not been blown up since they are the go to new source to post the videos when the terrorists capture some American.

Why is Al Gore not tried for dealing with terrorists?

fella
01-03-2013, 12:03
+1

Truth.

Despite all the uninformed hate of the network, Al Jazera in the US is one of the VERY few quality sources of mainstream television journalism.

Sort of the opposite of FOX and MSNBC.

fella
01-03-2013, 12:05
I have always wondered why Al Jazeera is allowed to operate and has not been blown up since they are the go to new source to post the videos when the terrorists capture some American.

Who is the terrorist Gore is dealing with? What is the factual basis of your assertion?

KalashniKEV
01-03-2013, 12:21
Despite all the uninformed hate of the network, Al Jazera in the US is one of the VERY few quality sources of mainstream television journalism.

Sort of the opposite of FOX and MSNBC.

They also have live online streaming and excellent mobile apps.

Dalton Wayne
01-03-2013, 14:04
AJ new tells what really goes on in the world it really pretty good news, they had a really good segment on gun ownership in the US a while ago that was very pro gun

Just looked on youtube couldn't find the clip it was about a year ago

coastal4974
01-03-2013, 14:08
Gore rejected a bid from Beck saying he wanted to sell it to someone That shared his political leanings

SC Tiger
01-03-2013, 14:23
+1

Truth.

People confuse "Al Jazerra" with "Iraqi Bob" or whoever the Iraqi Intelligence Minster was that kept telling everyone that the Iraqis were defeating the US.

Averageman
01-04-2013, 05:09
When in the M.E., I'm always amazed by the News coverage there.
They have footage of things you would never see here and most of it is pretty anti U.S.
It seems to be a mix of violence and the unedited Celebrity footage that would make soccer Mom's cringe, Also our Politicans with their feet planted firmly in their mouths.
It's a pretty disturbing look at our culture.

phil evans
01-04-2013, 06:45
comments in this thread lead me to watch for a while to determine AJ's veracity.

The Fed
01-04-2013, 06:50
I read where they are left-leaning and anti-America. My cable provider, Brighthouse, stated they will not carry it. Bet Comcast will. I think the only other vehicles are Dish and Direct TV.

KalashniKEV
01-04-2013, 06:58
People confuse "Al Jazerra" with "Iraqi Bob" or whoever the Iraqi Intelligence Minster was that kept telling everyone that the Iraqis were defeating the US.

Actually, there was a fraud campaign against them by the major news networks here in the US- you may have even heard it in some neocon circles- that they "routinely" air beheadings on their network.

The truth is that they have never aired a beheading. To further perpetuate the lie among higher thinking folks, the neocons said that it could only be seen on their Middle East broadcasts. The facts remain the same though- they have never aired a beheading on any of their networks.

Donald Rumsfeld was even repeating this lie (among his many others).

Because of the quality of their reporting and the ability to have people on the ground, reporting from everywhere on planet Earth, they pose a serious threat to American network news.

The politicians don't want the average American to receive their news from a global perspective, but rather to subscribe to the partisan brain infection, tune into their appropriate network, and shut down their brain activity.

MulletLoad
01-04-2013, 08:05
Point #1: A.J. has been despised from it's beginnings by the leaders in the Middle East and probably still is by the new crop of "democracy" leaders.

Point #2: The quality of our major network news coverage of world events sucks, even without it's bias. There is no enlightenment or learning about any issue, only a 15 second soundbite and back to some bubblehead chick quipping "wow, what do you think about that". CNN actually has better international coverage. Fox in a 2-3 locations and that's it. MSNBC? Too concerned with women wearing men's clothing and men who should be wearing skirts.

Point #3: The REAL reason behind Al Gore collecting $100 Million for a crap network is pure old time political payoff for future favor. A.J. is owned by the Qatari government with a real interest in covering all bases for it's own protection. They are right across the "lake" from Iran. Thisis the same kind of sweetheart deal crap played by both Republicans and Democrats from local government officials somehow paying $100K for a piece of property and majically selling it 1 year later for $1 Million. The Bush's and Gov Rick Perry got more than few deals like this. Ever wonder how low paid career politicians get rich? THIS. look at Rahm Emanuel. He leaves a prominent Clinton administration postion in the late 1990's and becomes an "Investment Banker" with a major firm. He then manages to "broker" some big deals and collects nearly $14 million dollars, all with a liberal arts undergraduate degree and a masters in communications.

This self serving crap by all parties is the reason we are in a mess today.

FLIPPER 348
01-04-2013, 08:10

Sometimes it's hard to believe some of you are actually real people.

KalashniKEV
01-04-2013, 08:24
The Bush's and Gov Rick Perry got more than few deals like this. Ever wonder how low paid career politicians get rich? THIS. look at Rahm Emanuel. He leaves a prominent Clinton administration postion in the late 1990's and becomes an "Investment Banker" with a major firm. He then manages to "broker" some big deals and collects nearly $14 million dollars, all with a liberal arts undergraduate degree and a masters in communications.

This self serving crap by all parties is the reason we are in a mess today.

Colin Powell too.
(He is now worth over $40M)

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/18/us/powell-s-wealth-now-over-28-million.html

Interestingly, Joel Hyatt, the real founder of Current said that Powell only watches AJE, but his spokesman says he watches everything.

“Colin Powell told Al [Gore] that Al-Jazeera is the only cable news network he watches,” Hyatt wrote in a Current TV staff email Wednesday announcing the sale of the network.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/03/colin-powell-contradicts-current-tv-memo-on-al-jazeera-sale/

jknight8907
01-04-2013, 08:29
Maybe you guys should actually read some news off AJ's site, you might discover it's actually a very good news agency.

RimfireMan
01-04-2013, 08:37
Maybe you guys should actually read some news off AJ's site, you might discover it's actually a very good news agency.

It won't happen, most here prefer their news "fair and balanced" firmly to the right. :rofl:

Andy W
01-06-2013, 16:01
Sometimes it's hard to believe some of you are actually real people.

Let me preface this by saying I'm far from being liberal. However, people that spout and believe stuff like this are far from being free, independent people. They are brainwashed "conservatives" (usually without having any idea what that means) only knowing that Rush and Sean said it so it must be true.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Simpleman71
01-06-2013, 17:56
Another example of our greedy hypocritical politicians.

HollowHead
01-06-2013, 18:04

You can't possibly be serious? HH

Woofie
01-06-2013, 18:27
I've never heard of Al's TV network, but I haven't paid for cable in the ten years I've been out of high school.

While I haven't seen Al Jazeera either, even from Islamiphobic GNG I've always gotten the impression that they are the go-to news network for anyone who wants to actually get informed about the news. Has this changed because Al Gore's name is now associated?

HollowHead
01-06-2013, 18:35
I've never heard of Al's TV network, but I haven't paid for cable in the ten years I've been out of high school.

While I haven't seen Al Jazeera either, even from Islamiphobic GNG I've always gotten the impression that they are the go-to news network for anyone who wants to actually get informed about the news. Has this changed because Al Gore's name is now associated?

It will probably stay the same, which is pretty damned good reporting. What will change is the addition of computer-generated images of what the snowpack used to look like in Riyadh, Kuwait City and Abu Dhabi. HH

Z1232K
01-06-2013, 18:45
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461796

railfancwb
01-06-2013, 19:15
I suspect Gore's ex is happy about the deal... Hope she gets at least half...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)