Iran orders 1.5million to evacuate city near nuclear facility. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Iran orders 1.5million to evacuate city near nuclear facility.

frank4570
01-03-2013, 07:46
They say there is an emergency "pollution" situation. Residents being evacuated from Isfahan.

I'm not really familiar with the news source.

http://freebeacon.com/iran-to-citizens-flee-isfahan/

Baba Louie
01-03-2013, 07:53
The nuclear plant also sits on an active fault line. The city of Isfahan has been destroyed at least six times from past earthquakes, a point of concern among regional experts.You have got TO BE KIDDING! That's about as brilliant as building a nuclear power plant on a beach in a known earthquake/tsunami prone area... :shocked: :wavey:

frank4570
01-03-2013, 08:11
Same strory on the BBC. Story number 0850. http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9781000/9781575.stm

Mr Spock
01-03-2013, 08:21
So apparently the best outcome was to actually let them have a reactor and then figure out what happens when you have no idea how to actually run a reactor. At least we can effectively screen for Iranian militants now. All we need is a Geiger counter. That, or just shoot the ones that glow in the dark. :)

Altaris
01-03-2013, 08:25
With how little the Iranian government cares about its people, this must be pretty bad if they are actually concerned enough to ask them to evacuate.

aircarver
01-03-2013, 08:28
Big Deal !

They can come back in 50,000 years ... :supergrin:

Baba Louie
01-03-2013, 08:31
Ya know, the sad thing is, most Iranians I've met here are really good people who don't care much for their govt at the moment, but love their homeland (as it should be). I'd expect they're getting the short shrift from their govt's great planning effort in this regard and wouldn't wish radiation poisoning on anyone who was just trying to work to pay their bills and raise their kids, no matter where they live.

Just makes you wonder what in the world do govts have in way of experts who make the decisions they make at times? Both here, there, everywhere. Screw the proles? :upeyes:

Dennis in MA
01-03-2013, 08:32
Same strory on the BBC. Story number 0850. http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9781000/9781575.stm

Not really. The story says they did the same thing in Tehran last week. Tehran doesn't have a nuke facility and it hasn't been 50,000 years.

I'd say BS to the first story. Just people looking for a pot to stir. And if its' true, that's 1.5 million people you folks are rubbing your hands in glee about. :(

joeshmow
01-03-2013, 08:39
Not really. The story says they did the same thing in Tehran last week. Tehran doesn't have a nuke facility and it hasn't been 50,000 years.

I'd say BS to the first story. Just people looking for a pot to stir. And if its' true, that's 1.5 million people you folks are rubbing your hands in glee about. :(

Sane post, a rarity.

joeshmow
01-03-2013, 08:45
You have got TO BE KIDDING! That's about as brilliant as building a nuclear power plant on a beach in a known earthquake/tsunami prone area... :shocked: :wavey:

Yeah, and almost as brilliant as building San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant...

Right on the beach, right on the fault line, with the worst safety equipment in the country, and right by the southern California population centers.

joeshmow
01-03-2013, 08:53
Ya know, the sad thing is, most Iranians I've met here are really good people who don't care much for their govt at the moment, but love their homeland (as it should be). I'd expect they're getting the short shrift from their govt's great planning effort in this regard and wouldn't wish radiation poisoning on anyone who was just trying to work to pay their bills and raise their kids, no matter where they live.

Just makes you wonder what in the world do govts have in way of experts who make the decisions they make at times? Both here, there, everywhere. Screw the proles? :upeyes:

Yep, War is Peace.

SC Tiger
01-03-2013, 08:53
The Israelies did it. At least that is what Ahmasuitjacket will claim.

That said, neither CNN nor Fox News has this yet.

joeshmow
01-03-2013, 08:57
The Israelies did it. At least that is what Ahmasuitjacket will claim.

Yeah, right, where would anyone get the silly idea that the Israelis were doing sabotage or trying to harm their neighbors?

Baba Louie
01-03-2013, 08:59

Right on the beach, right on the fault line, with the worst safety equipment in the country, and right by the southern California population centers.

Yeap. Some GREAT planning by GREAT minds... :upeyes:

http://rt.com/usa/news/san-plant-power-tubes-959/

SC Tiger
01-03-2013, 09:01
Yeah, right, where would anyone get the silly idea that the Israelis were doing sabotage or trying to harm their neighbors?

It is possible. It's also possible the Iranians have no idea what the flock they are doing.

gwalchmai
01-03-2013, 09:07
Good work, Mossad... ;)

joeshmow
01-03-2013, 09:20
Good work, Mossad... ;)

Israel, the neighbor from Hell.

LASTRESORT20
01-03-2013, 09:26

*Liberals.... not the brightest folks.....Would rather "defend" Threatening Terrorists than folks trying to defend themselves...

gwalchmai
01-03-2013, 09:28
Israel, the neighbor from Hell.Good neighbors take out your trash for you you... ;)

SC Tiger
01-03-2013, 09:29

When you call for their destruction on a regular basis, they tend to take it personally.

joeshmow
01-03-2013, 09:31
When you call for their destruction on a regular basis, they tend to take it personally.

Whoa - the Zionist fifth column is piling on! They have very sensitive antennas. But people are waking up.

Dennis in MA
01-03-2013, 11:15
Any more reports???

Is this because the original website is a conspiracy loonbag or because everyone involved WANTS us to think they are conspiracy loonbags???

"Shh. Listen. Stealth black helicopters."

"I don't hear anything."

"Exactly!"

:rofl:

ca survivor
01-03-2013, 11:39
With how little the Iranian government cares about its people, this must be pretty bad if they are actually concerned enough to ask them to evacuate.

I was thinking the same thing.

Baba Louie
01-03-2013, 11:50
I've been cruising BBC and Al-J on and off all morning long and so far have found nothing on Esfahan being evacuated...
Double Top Secret maybe???

http://www.bbc.com/news/

http://www.aljazeera.com/

...so what gives? Wishful thinking?

Chaos
01-03-2013, 11:57
Whoa - the Zionist fifth column is piling on! They have very sensitive antennas. But people are waking up.
Really? Isn't there a rock or bridge you should crawl back under?

Chaos

Paul53
01-03-2013, 16:19
So President Ahmanutcase, you just had to have uranium! Well, isn't that special! What do you have to say for yourself now?

It's Obamas' fault. Or Bushs' fault. Or Israels' fault. I forget, who are we blaming this week?

Maybe if we just put all the countries in alphabetical order, then each one takes a turn being the worlds bad boy for a week, in alphabetical order.

I like turtles, too.

countrygun
01-03-2013, 16:27

Yup, all those Israelis hijacking airplanes for attacks, the amount of them kidnapping and beheading prisoners, their calls for the destruction of their neighbors, the suicide bombings .....it's waking people up alright

:upeyes:

vikingsoftpaw
01-03-2013, 16:34
I think our computer hackers are at it again.

Patchman
01-03-2013, 17:15
Undercover Jews posing as Persian surveyors and geologists back in the day when the reactor site at Isfahan was under construction. And their report was... "solid bedrock 200 meters thick. Earthquake? No problem. Won't even feel it."

frank4570
01-03-2013, 17:26
Sorry if this was a nonsense story. I was rushing out the door and posting at the same time.
I figured you guys would be able to sort it out.

dpadams6
01-03-2013, 18:17
Can you say, Sabotage?

Paul53
01-03-2013, 19:24
Can you say, Sabotage?

Nope, don't speak French. But it couldn't happen to a nicer regime.

Foxtrotx1
01-03-2013, 19:52
Any update?

Paul53
01-03-2013, 19:54
Just Googled it. Many sources with slightly differing stories. One claims to have investigated, says the city is 1/2 million people and has a voluntary evacuation order. They also mix in that Tehran also has a non radiation pollution problem.

dpadams6
01-04-2013, 10:38
Nope, don't speak French. But it couldn't happen to a nicer regime.

Yep. They definately stand out from the rest of the world and better to deal with them forcefully now rather than later.

IndyGunFreak
01-04-2013, 11:26
So apparently the best outcome was to actually let them have a reactor and then figure out what happens when you have no idea how to actually run a reactor. At least we can effectively screen for Iranian militants now. All we need is a Geiger counter. That, or just shoot the ones that glow in the dark. :)

Kinda what I was thinking... Darwin at work here.

cgwahl
01-04-2013, 12:43
So apparently the best outcome was to actually let them have a reactor and then figure out what happens when you have no idea how to actually run a reactor.

Is because the Mossad kept killing the ones that knew what they were doing. :whistling:

Batesmotel
01-04-2013, 17:22

Well it was next to Nixon's house so maybe there was a political motive.

dherloc
01-04-2013, 17:36
A really good place to post on these kind of issues:

http://www.irandefence.net/index.php?

Some REALLY interesting views on...well, the whole Iran vs. anything world.

Averageman
01-04-2013, 18:47
I heard this same story this morning and found the same two articles.
I will be gone before I could get some solid information, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to lay the credit (or blame) on anyone at the moment.
These guys have rushed headlong in to Atomic Energy with some assistance from some rather questionable sources. I have no doubt that they may very well have had an accident.
It could certainly be confirmed or denied by satellite.

Paul53
01-04-2013, 21:12
News about Iran on the major networks seems to be conspicuous by it's absence latley. Fingers crossed for a major setback without loss of life.

DanaT
01-04-2013, 21:39
Any know if there is over under line on how may hours Iran would last in a shock and awe attack from the USA?

Mr Spock
01-05-2013, 07:12
Any know if there is over under line on how may hours Iran would last in a shock and awe attack from the USA?

Under the current leadership and the current RoE? About 10 years, if we're going by other examples.