Florida here we come! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Florida here we come!

harlenm
01-03-2013, 09:25
Vacation booked for end of Feb. Will be meeting with a realtor to look at houses while we are down there in the West Palm Beach area. Now we just need some jobs.

Can't wait to get out of CT for good!

Fear Night
01-03-2013, 09:31
Very nice! Nothing good will come out of CT with relation to gun legislation. Great idea to get out now.

deathpriest
01-03-2013, 09:33
There are all kinds of deals to have around here on the house market. A few indoor ranges, shooting straight, palm beach shooting center, delray shooting, gators (was there once). Good luck on the job hunt, depending on your field, might get lucky really fast. PM me if need some info, I'll do my best to answer.

WELCOME

MulletLoad
01-03-2013, 09:57
Highly advise not to buy right away.

After the snowbirds go home, you can rent a off-season rental for 6 months and really decide where you want to be.

If your Realtor doesn't think that's a good idea and says a home sale is better, get a new Realtor.

Ask the fellow residents about the above advice. Good luck.

FLglockdude
01-03-2013, 09:58
Welcome!

russoj429
01-03-2013, 10:02
i am in palm beach area, west lake worth to be exact. i go to shoot straight often, not to big on palm beach shooting center or delray shooting center. went to gator once just to browse but the guy behind the counter was an *****, so won't be back.

The Fed
01-03-2013, 10:24
I wouldn't limit yourself to one area since you both need jobs. And that area is not gun-friendly. Can you give us a hint on what types of jobs you at looking for?

John Rambo
01-03-2013, 10:37
Vacation booked for end of Feb. Will be meeting with a realtor to look at houses while we are down there in the West Palm Beach area. Now we just need some jobs.

Can't wait to get out of CT for good!

West Palm? Oh, boy. The Southeastern seaboard. The bastion of liberals and criminals in this state. Stay out of the bad areas.

harlenm
01-03-2013, 10:55
Highly advise not to buy right away.

After the snowbirds go home, you can rent a off-season rental for 6 months and really decide where you want to be.

If your Realtor doesn't think that's a good idea and says a home sale is better, get a new Realtor.

Ask the fellow residents about the above advice. Good luck.

Definitely going to rent at first. Our house is here is worthless, so we won't be able to sell here to have money for a downpayment. Going to rent our house here(hopefully) and rent there to save up some money.

harlenm
01-03-2013, 10:56
I wouldn't limit yourself to one area since you both need jobs. And that area is not gun-friendly. Can you give us a hint on what types of jobs you at looking for?

My wife's current employers has a facility there, so she's applying for jobs with them.

As for me, I have no idea what to do, I'm open for anything.

harlenm
01-03-2013, 10:57
West Palm? Oh, boy. The Southeastern seaboard. The bastion of liberals and criminals in this state. Stay out of the bad areas.

My cousin lives there now, not at all liberal!

Dennis in MA
01-03-2013, 10:58
Be sure to fortify your doors like PBCounty. :rofl:

Actionmonkey
01-03-2013, 11:00
I'm about 30 minutes south of there and you really can't go wrong with the area. Good luck with the move!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

The Fed
01-03-2013, 11:02
Healthcare I think is where it's at. Look up the county Republican committee, assuming you are one.

mikeflys1
01-03-2013, 11:13
Good luck!

Looking to move out of CT here too hopefully by/in 2014.

WT
01-03-2013, 11:19
You will like Palm Beach County. It is New York's most southern county. Lots of New Yawker's there.

Be careful. PB is too close to Miami. The locals I know want to move north to Indian River County to get away from the Miamiese.

PBCounty
01-03-2013, 11:41
I wouldn't live anywhere else my man....goodluck.

Bruce M
01-03-2013, 11:56
http://www.pbcgov.com/humanresources/recruitment/

https://www.hrapply.com/thebreakers/JobSearch.app

http://jobs.autonation.com/maroone-dealership-jobs

https://www3.apply2jobs.com/Carnival/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.searchJobs

PBCounty
01-03-2013, 18:01
What kind of housing you interested in? You a condo / townhouse guy, an HOA / typical suburb house fan or more into the rural scene?

PBCounty
01-03-2013, 18:05
You will like Palm Beach County. It is New York's most southern county. Lots of New Yawker's there.

Be careful. PB is too close to Miami. The locals I know want to move north to Indian River County to get away from the Miamiese.

It is true that MANY fled north to IRC and PSL during the boom but that was an expense issue. Since the bust everyone I knew who went up there has either come back or they are trying to come back. No one actually "wanted" to go up there...it was just the only affordable option for so many.

Gallium
01-03-2013, 18:22
What of hurricanes, Harlenm? And what of the grey haired devils in their buicks? :)

The Fed
01-03-2013, 18:41
What of hurricanes, Harlenm? And what of the grey haired devils in their buicks? :)

Hey! I drive a modified "sport compact" car. No Buick or Lincoln or Caddy for me unless it can do 60 in 5s.

harlenm
01-03-2013, 19:51

You mean like the 2 hurricanes that have hit here in the last 15 months?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 3

harlenm
01-03-2013, 19:52
What kind of housing you interested in? You a condo / townhouse guy, an HOA / typical suburb house fan or more into the rural scene?

Gated community with play areas for the kids, tennis courts, pool, etc.

Gallium
01-03-2013, 20:10
Gated community with play areas for the kids, tennis courts, pool, etc.

Pssshh. You could get that up here for way less than in FL.

Right off I-684
Convenient to everything
Maximum security :tbo:

:supergrin:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=247+Harris+Rd&city=Bedford+Hills&state=NY&zipcode=10507&redirect=true

johnluger
01-03-2013, 20:18
I hate this area.

harlenm
01-03-2013, 20:33
Pssshh. You could get that up here for way less than in FL.

Right off I-684
Convenient to everything
Maximum security :tbo:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=247+Harris+Rd&city=Bedford+Hills&state=NY&zipcode=10507&redirect=true

Lol. That's a women's facility.

DoubleWide
01-03-2013, 21:00
I thought the job market sucked in Florida. High unemployment. Has this changed?

Gallium
01-04-2013, 03:26
Lol. That's a women's facility.

JMS
01-04-2013, 05:38
I thought the job market sucked in Florida. High unemployment. Has this changed?

That's exactly what I was thinking, I thought maybe the OP was looking to buy up a house for his retirement years in the future.

noway
01-04-2013, 11:24
Nope Florida is doing about the avg in unemployment rates. More people , more crime and increased cost to live.

johnd
01-04-2013, 11:31
Whatever they say here about Florida never forget its the place people save all year to come to for 2 weeks and that we have no income taxe.