A grand experiment [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A grand experiment

ClydeG19
01-03-2013, 10:14
I felt I needed to conduct a sociological experiment given the current climate of attempted gun bans. While I feared the worst, I felt I needed to do it for the greater good.

Despite my trepidation, I slowly handed an 11 round Smith and Wesson magazine to my 2 year old son. Lo and behold, he played with it for about 15 seconds and then abandoned it for his ridiculously load train whistle. No evil beset him. He didn't fall stricken with some plague. He simply lost interest and moved on.

I couldn't believe my eyes. How could Senator Feinstein be so wrong? It would almost seem that the insanely loud train whistle toy would be more harmful to my son than the deplorable high capacity death dealing magazine. I will continue to monitor his condition, but for now, all is well.

exmdshooter
01-03-2013, 13:56
I see a visit from Child Protective Services in your not too distant future... I suspect they've already been in contact with your ISP to get your home address - no warrant needed in domestic terrorism cases.

Poor child has probably been scarred for life. Been nice having you around GT Clyde...

:tongueout:

harlenm
01-03-2013, 14:00
Just hope he doesn't go to the airport anytime soon. Might set off all the alarms for having explosives residue on his hands. Strip and body cavity search will most definitely be necessary.

John Rambo
01-03-2013, 14:04
Just hope he doesn't go to the airport anytime soon. Might set off all the alarms for having explosives residue on his hands. Strip and body cavity search will most definitely be necessary.

Nah. Those machines don't work worth a damn. I tested it with gunpowder residue all over my hands to the point that you could see it and couldn't set 'em off.

dango
01-03-2013, 14:10
I have taken your experiment even farther ! I have gone out and played the part of the uninformed and ask stupid questions !

Why do you feel the need to carry a gun . Sorry to tell you , I was hoping for a more positive message ! Painted a not so nice
picture of US , gun owners ! I was more than not , met with insult rather than convinced . I was only trying to learn maybe how to express the absolute need of the second Amendment !

What I learn is that many of us need to hone our diplomatic skills! It has helped me to try and see the other side cause it so baffles me ! (The Choice To Do Nothing) ? Well , I'll keep trying!
:dunno:

Gallium
01-03-2013, 14:29
On a serious note, you have exposed the kid to unnecessary and grave danger.

Who knows? Maybe (much to your dismay) he will grow up and want to own guns.

pizza_pablo
01-03-2013, 15:42
I have taken your experiment even farther ! I have gone out and played the part of the uninformed and ask stupid questions !

Why do you feel the need to carry a gun . Sorry to tell you , I was hoping for a more positive message ! Painted a not so nice
picture of US , gun owners ! I was more than not , met with insult rather than convinced . I was only trying to learn maybe how to express the absolute need of the second Amendment !

What I learn is that many of us need to hone our diplomatic skills! It has helped me to try and see the other side cause it so baffles me ! (The Choice To Do Nothing) ? Well , I'll keep trying!
:dunno:
I usually respond, to such a question, with something like, "for the same reason you have a spare tire, in your car, or fire insurance, on your house". If they can't follow that logic, there is prob not much use in continuing.