Conservative FUDD vs Liberal Gun Owner [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Conservative FUDD vs Liberal Gun Owner

Restless28
01-03-2013, 10:20
Here is a letter to the editor of a local newspaper. It was written by a "conservative." A person who is often referred to as a liberal based on his support for Democrats, responds in kind.

Dear Editor:

Brace yourselves for a bombardment of media hype for gun law changes. It is as predictable as the sun rise. We are a reactionary nation in our responses to catastrophes rather than being proactive by trying to avert disasters such as school shootings.

My research today reveals that the the FBI had already recorded 16.8 million purchase requests for guns in the U.S. in 2012 PRIOR to the Connecticut school school.
As expected, purchase requests have soared through the roof since last Friday.

These number are attributable to fears of the public that eventually Obama will significantly restrict gun ownership. America has always been possessive about owning a gun going back colonial days.

While it is difficult to nail down information on the number of guns circulating in the U.S, official sources place the number for a low of 270 million to as high as 350 million!
Even the liberal bias left media acknowledge that roughly 52% of household have a gun. Too many!

I have been gun collector of sorts for about the past 50 years. Additionally, I hunt. I feel I have an adequate grasp of the 2nd Amendment as it relates to Americans possessing guns. I urge anyone in doubt of their constitutional guns rights to go to the Internet & read it for yourself. This Amendment DOES NOT say-or even imply, that ordinary citizens have a right to possess assault weapons with high capacity magazines, just as it does NOT permit ownership of machines guns, RPG’s etc.

It is obvious from this Amendment that intent as it states was to make a provision for militias.

We must, first of all, keep our wits and common sense when debating the gun ownership issues.

I urge you to be very leery and wary of organizations and left wing media groups preaching suspect data slanted to favor their causes.

Just today CNN published poll information alleging that 52% of all Americans favor major gun restriction or all guns made illegal! Yet, this info conflicts with even CNN’s other data that 52 percent households have guns.

Perhaps most telling is CNN reported in the same story that 53 percent of American feel the shootings will continue regardless of action taken.

Bottom line: We will continue to be able to buy and own guns. At the same time, remove assault weapons from streets as we did decades ago with fully machine guns.
We can and absolutely must see that the mentally challenged DO NOT have access to weapons by enforcing existing laws and methods.

The response:

A quote, "I feel I have an adequate grasp of the 2nd Amendment as it relates to Americans possessing guns."

You "feel" is correct, that does not mean you have an adequate grasp of the meaning of the Second Amendment.

The founders of our nation included the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution for one purpose, the use of firearms to prevent tyranny and crimes against the individual, family, home and community, state and nation. Including crimes and tyranny by the government or their agents in violation of the Constitution.

Many of the founders of our nation and writers of the Bill of Rights have stated plainly the purpose of the Second Amendment-the citizens defense against tyrants.

"Assault weapons" have one purpose, the efficient killing of other humans, it is a terrible notion but a fact. If you think "the government" in their various entities have not committed crimes against citizens, you be wrong.

The events in New Orleans, Louisiana in the aftermath of Katrina involving the unlawful confiscation of firearms and the various theft and assaults that involved the military and local police in the illegal weapons confiscation scheme. There was no prosecution for the criminal acts.

Another incident was the murder of innocent children at Waco, Tx. Federal government agents acted stupidly, the results were the murder of innocent children, many were infants and small children. There was no prosecution of the illegal acts involved in that situation. I can name several other incidents which the government's agents have violated the Constitution intentionally and illegally. You mention liberal bias, but yet you display a bias which stands to remove the rights from those of us who "Dare to Defend Our Rights."

Never cut a liberal again Mr. Anderson. As a so called "conservative," you are as "liberally biased" as they come. The next thing you'll be say'n is "guns cause death" and make criminals do evil acts.

In the mean time those who believe as you should come to realize the true reason of the 2nd Amendment, it is not to hunt game.

Interesting, huh?

Fox
01-03-2013, 15:26
The Liberal gun owners voted for Obama. The pro-gun letter is not going to stop their candidates from passing gun control bills into law and those liberal gun owners will continue to vote for them.

G36's Rule
01-03-2013, 15:37
Here is a letter to the editor of a local newspaper. It was written by a "conservative." A person who is often referred to as a liberal based on his support for Democrats, responds in kind.

Interesting, huh?

The only thing interesting about this thread, is your opinion on who is the liberal and who is the conservative. Or better yet that you think someone actually is a gun collector of some sorts for 50 years and hunts, just because they say so.

As if no gun grabber has ever stated as much every ****ing time they say something in the media...

And why do you think the response came from a liberal? I must have missed something.

Kingarthurhk
01-03-2013, 16:15
What a liberal firearm looks like:

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/shoot-yourself-gun_tfxnt_6648.jpg

el_jewapo
01-03-2013, 16:41
The only thing interesting about this thread, is your opinion on who is the liberal and who is the conservative. Or better yet that you think someone actually is a gun collector of some sorts for 50 years and hunts, just because they say so.

As if no gun grabber has ever stated as much every ****ing time they say something in the media...

And why do you think the response came from a liberal? I must have missed something.

Even Piers Morgan says he supports peoples right to defend their selves with guns. I guess they think they sound more credible if they keep repeating that or that they hunt. He says that, but the next breath he talks about how absurd it is to think a CCW holder could stop an active shooter with his carry piece. So you're probably right. Most of these "hunters" and "gun collectors" would probably faint at the sight of a real gun.

Restless28
01-03-2013, 17:40

Because I know the local guys.