Pay role tax increase in SC. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pay role tax increase in SC.

meathead19
01-03-2013, 17:32
Is this nationwide or just for us dumb sand lappers?

Appearantly, if you make over $50K/yr, then you will be taxed for the grand sum of $40/check or $80-85/monthly.

Now, I could very well be confused, but I thought I heard dear leader say no new taxes. :dunno:

Or is this Bush's fault?

Resqu2
01-03-2013, 17:35

Appearantly, if you make over $50K/yr, then you will be taxed for the grand sum of $40/check or $80-85/monthly.

Now, I could very well be confused, but I thought I heard dear leader say no new taxes. :dunno:

Or is this Bush's fault?

everyone pays 2% more starting 2013, its a SS tax increase, everyone pays no matter what you make

edit to add I was given a 2% raise today, so my check will stay the same, great raise hu?

VC-Racing
01-03-2013, 17:38

Or is this Bush's fault?

Of course its Bush's fault ..........:wavey:

meathead19
01-03-2013, 17:40
everyone pays 2% more starting 2013, its a SS tax increase, everyone pays no matter what you make

edit to add I was given a 2% raise today, so my check will stay the same, great raise hu?

You braggart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

prism
01-03-2013, 17:40
I was given a 2% raise today, so my check will stay the same, great raise hu?

since the raise is taxable, your takehome pay might drop a little.

boozer
01-03-2013, 17:41
The FICA rates go back to the Reagan rates. We were getting an Obama recession reduction for a couple of years.

Resqu2
01-03-2013, 17:42

Cant decide between the :crying: :steamed: or :faint: so I will use them all

meathead19
01-03-2013, 17:43

HAHAHAHHAHAH....not really. This whole thing stinks like pig shet.

Glock20 10mm
01-03-2013, 17:55

At least you got a raise. :upeyes:

Resqu2
01-03-2013, 18:35
At least you got a raise. :upeyes:

It's nothing to brag about, very little but it should equal what I was making so its not really a raise, I just didnt get a "lower" :supergrin: the wife on the other hand is an RN and will get hit pretty good :steamed:

meathead19
01-03-2013, 18:41
It's nothing to brag about, very little but it should equal what I was making so its not really a raise, I just didnt get a "lower" :supergrin: the wife on the other hand is an RN and will get hit pretty good :steamed:

Now you're paying your fair share.

You didn't sign up for this?????

Glock20 10mm
01-03-2013, 18:42

I haven't seen a raise in over 5 years... the market sucks where I am and truthfully I am competing against some cookies that are smarter or more experienced than I am or that have more current certs in the various fields I am qualified for. I am working on the cert side, but it's going to take time and $$$ I don't have at the moment.

meathead19
01-03-2013, 18:44
I haven't seen a raise in over 5 years... the market sucks where I am and truthfully I am competing against some cookies that are smarter or more experienced than I am or that have more current certs in the various fields I am qualified for. I am working on the cert side, but it's going to take time and $$$ I don't have at the moment.

You seem like a patriot from what I've gandered from your post.

Thanks for your service. :wavey:

flyover
01-03-2013, 20:57
Nobody in .gov will dicuss the amount of money that SS lost because of the 2% decrease. I don't know that it should have ever been reduced. Oh well, the working class will end up making up the difference as usual.