Price gouge much [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Price gouge much

glocked1
01-03-2013, 17:44

:rofl:

HerrGlock
01-03-2013, 17:49
How is that a necessity or a commodity? If it's neither, it's not gouging. Taking advantage of the market, yes, but not gouging.

meathead19
That's a negative.

You don't need that AR to survive, so it doesn't qualify as a gouge.

Where have you been???

mikeflys1
ouu free shipping

glocked1
01-03-2013, 17:54
I just thought it was funny, and it does fit the definition of price gouging.

GreenDrake
01-03-2013, 17:56
I need to go over to Cabelas and buy three of those, just to flip em. $729 at the gun counter and they get several in a week. That would pay for my drift boat.

Gixxerjoe04
01-03-2013, 17:59
One of those went for $3500 on their auction part of the site last week

NH Trucker
01-03-2013, 18:01
It's rediculous! It's ubsurd! It's ludicrous!

I'll tell you what I'll do. If you have your heart set on a Bushmaster carbine, I'll sell you my "slightly used" Bushmaster for the low low price of $2699.95! :supergrin:

(Assault clipz sold seperately)

Ruggles
01-03-2013, 18:02
I need to go over to Cabelas and buy three of those, just to flip em. $729 at the gun counter and they get several in a week. That would pay for my drift boat.

And thats the point. I am now mixed on how I feel about places like Buds selling these for that much. I think it sucks on one level but then again I can see their point. They sell at MSRP to people who turn around and flip them for triple that. I feel bad for people that want to buy for personal use cause the flippers are messing up their chance to buy at MSRP.

Just a crappy thing all around. Just a mess.

Heck I want a carry handle, all out of stock. A lousy carry handle....:rofl:

Ruggles
01-03-2013, 18:04
It's rediculous! It's ubsurd! It's ludicrous!

I'll tell you what I'll do. If you have your heart set on a Bushmaster carbine, I'll sell you my "slightly used" Bushmaster for the low low price of $2699.95! :supergrin:

(Assault clipz sold seperately)

Hell I will throw in 5 rounds of Wolf ammo and sell for $2697.95 :tongueout:

glocked1
01-03-2013, 18:06
Can't wait to see earnings for swhc and rgr for this quarter. It's not just AR's that are flying off the shelves. The ammo shelves at my local Walmart are almost completely bare.

byf43
01-03-2013, 18:25
Let's see -

Someone has a product that MANY are now wanting.
Gasoline is one product. Price has gone up, but, people are still buying it.

There is a "panic" around the U.S. right now, and EVERYONE that NEVER thought about buying an AR or 'other' semi-auto rifle that 'looks evil' now wants one.

Supply and demand.
"Jimmy-Joe Rip Snot" has _________ ARs. He may or may not be able to get more, or sell more IF an AWB is passed (in some configuration), so, making $$$ to pay his employees and feed his family are on his mind.

Some of 'us' bought before the Newtown tragedy. Some are now wanting to buy.

The "price of poker" has gone up.

Got a hunch. . . . bet a bunch.

One of the very few times in my life, I bought 'early'.

For a reasonable amount, I'll let my new, never fired AR6721 go.

That reasonable price: *today only!! $61,999.95 + S/H & fees (insurance, FFL fees, etc.)

ETA: The price includes ONE 20 round magazine. :)

RYT 2BER
01-04-2013, 05:47
The flipping is killing the market.

Business doesn't want o sell something for $800 that the buyer then sells for $1500 the next day.

You can't blame them really but it does suck.

Restless28
01-04-2013, 06:23
I'm a member of a few local gun groups. Even folks who are supposed to be friends are gouging each other.

I have withdrawn from most of them, as I now know the character of these people. I also know that if SHTF, many folks will be greedy and potentially dangerous.

Dr. Leaky
01-04-2013, 06:51
Unless I'm missing something that page is Class III firearms and those never were affordable anyway.

MrKandiyohi
01-04-2013, 08:08
Unless I'm missing something that page is Class III firearms and those never were affordable anyway.

I thought FA ARs were closer to $10k. I thought FA Mac10s and the like were $3k.

ateamer
01-04-2013, 08:09
For someone to not sell their product at the top price that buyers will pay is foolish.

aircarver
01-04-2013, 08:17
So where can I get a Bushwhacker ? .... :supergrin:

mingaa
01-04-2013, 08:34
Buds is moving a lot of guns at or near pre-frenzy prices.

I'm not looking at guns right now but am loading up on 223 reloading supplies. I have a shop in the region that is super steady on prices but volume is way up (another way to make a profit) they just finished off an order of 108,000 Hornady 55 gr jhpbt bullets with another 108,000 arriving Monday. Shelves are still stocked - the 55 gr sp is available for a little more (and always in stock) and primers are not a problem with sm pistol/ rifle at just under $30 per 1000 and about anything else one would want.

kpuscg04
01-04-2013, 08:50
What are you guys complaining about. It comes with free shipping...

jknight8907
01-04-2013, 09:57
Unless I'm missing something that page is Class III firearms

You are, and it's not.

HarlDane
01-04-2013, 10:32
I'm a member of a few local gun groups. Even folks who are supposed to be friends are gouging each other.

I have withdrawn from most of them, as I now know the character of these people. I also know that if SHTF, many folks will be greedy and potentially dangerous.Character? Is there something wrong with a seller charging the going rate of an item? Is charging less than the prevailing market price somehow virtuious?

Ruggles
01-04-2013, 10:37
Character? Is there something wrong with a seller charging the going rate of an item? Is charging less than the prevailing market price somehow virtuious?

To friends, yes there is. :wavey:

I mean if you can't stick it to guys you have known for years who can you stick it too? :upeyes:

HarlDane
01-04-2013, 10:59

I mean if you can't stick it to guys you have known for years who can you stick it too? :upeyes:How does a seller "stick it" to a willing buyer?

NickC50310
01-04-2013, 11:09
How the hell is cabelas getting them but bass pro cdnn wal mart sportsmans etc cant? Sucks that my nearest cabelas is 200 miles away....

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

BEER
01-04-2013, 11:13

I mean if you can't stick it to guys you have known for years who can you stick it too? :upeyes:

inlaws.

Restless28
01-04-2013, 11:55

You get it.

redbaron007
01-04-2013, 12:12
Hmmmmm......someone is selling something at a certain price...then a buyer comes along aand buys it at that price......this seems more like capitalism/free markets economics to me.

If I had some and could sell them at $5k, I'd prolly do it. :tongueout:

:wavey:

red

BEER
01-04-2013, 13:53
if i have a product worth 5$ that 'm trying to sell for 5,000$ that's capitalism.

if you have a product worth 5$ that you're trying to sell at 5,000$ that's price gouging.

Drain You
01-05-2013, 19:21
Holy crap, I just checked out the new prices on Glocks.
I've already had semi sketchy dealings with them in the past and will go ahead and delete them from my bookmarks.

Ruggles
01-05-2013, 19:38
Hmmmmm......someone is selling something at a certain price...then a buyer comes along aand buys it at that price......this seems more like capitalism/free markets economics to me.

If I had some and could sell them at $5k, I'd prolly do it. :tongueout:

:wavey:

red

I can see that but not to family and friends. Just sold a complete nice AR and optics last week to my BIL for $1000. With $50 of what I had in it. I could have taken it to the LGS in Houston that same day and sold it For $1800-$2000.

I like money as much as the next guy but my BIL (who is a stand up guy BTW) has AK47s and wanted a AR for a while. He waited too long and this mess happened. Not wanting him to get screwed paying too much or buying a sup-par AR in this environment I sold him a solid rifle at a fair price. He would have done the same for me. In 10 or 20 years when all this crap is over our relationship will be stronger because of it.

$1000 bucks is not worth screwing over someone I count as family or friend. What price tag do you put on those relationships :dunno:

gjk5
01-05-2013, 19:43
"a fool and his money are soon parted" works both ways.

someone who overpays is certainly an idiot, but so is someone who UNDERSELLS.

viva la mercado libre.

gjk5
01-05-2013, 19:46

I've sold a lot of crap in the last two weeks. I didn't sell any of it to friends. That would just be a-holish.

I actually told all my friends who asked I wouldn't sell them squat. They would resent me for making a profit and I would resent them for guilting me into making a crappy business decision.

gjk5
01-05-2013, 19:47
I can see that but not to family and friends. Just sold a complete nice AR and optics last week to my BIL for $1000. With $50 of what I had in it. I could have taken it to the LGS in Houston that same day and sold it For $1800-$2000.

I like money as much as the next guy but my BIL (who is a stand up guy BTW) has AK47s and wanted a AR for a while. He waited too long and this mess happened. Not wanting him to get screwed paying too much or buying a sup-par AR in this environment I sold him a solid rifle at a fair price. He would have done the same for me. In 10 or 20 years when all this crap is over our relationship will be stronger because of it.

$1000 bucks is not worth screwing over someone I count as family or friend. What price tag do you put on those relationships :dunno:

that wasn't very wise. you lost $1000 because HE failed to buy at the right time. shame you should suffer for his poor decision.

gjk5
01-05-2013, 19:49

I tell you what, I have been meaning to buy some good stocks for quite some time, some that have increased in value recently substantially. I didn't get around to it, but would you sell me some of yours at $50 over your cost? I'm a pretty stand up guy too.

ignantmike
01-05-2013, 19:52

amen.....brother...i would not screw family or friends