Ol dog [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ol dog

meathead19
01-03-2013, 19:59
Mutt could lay anywhere he wants, but prefers at my feet.

Has a nice soft dog bed upstairs.

He's 12 yoa. Funny how they face entry points.

savage16
01-03-2013, 20:03
Good dog. Wish my dog would sit still. 230142

Posted using my mobile handheld super-computational cellular telephone.

2bgop
01-03-2013, 20:06
Great photo. Their love is priceless.

I spend from 12:30am to about 6:00am this morning with my pup having a surgery for a blockage. It appears she ate a towel at doggy daycare yesterday.

meathead19
01-03-2013, 20:12

I spend from 12:30am to about 6:00am this morning with my pup having a surgery for a blockage. It appears she ate a towel at doggy daycare yesterday.

They're family. Prayers sent.

savage16
01-03-2013, 20:22
Wish my dog would lay down every once in a while...

meathead19
01-03-2013, 20:29
Wish my dog would lay down every once in a while...

Welcome and nice action pic!

My Cody is now slowly climbing stairs. May be the cold, but it's becoming more prominent.

Getting old sux, but better than the alternative.

jpa
01-03-2013, 20:31
My dog April sleeps in bed with me and no matter which way she faces when I fall asleep, when I wake up she's completely spun around to face the door. She enjoys burrowing under the blanket now that it's cold out (like 40 degrees F at night) but again, when I wake up she's completely uncovered and on top of the blanket. It's either because she gets hot, she gets up or because I fart in my sleep. I dunno.

meathead19
01-03-2013, 20:40
My dog April sleeps in bed with me and no matter which way she faces when I fall asleep, when I wake up she's completely spun around to face the door. She enjoys burrowing under the blanket now that it's cold out (like 40 degrees F at night) but again, when I wake up she's completely uncovered and on top of the blanket. It's either because she gets hot, she gets up or because I fart in my sleep. I dunno.

April sounds like a dream.....you doing a dutch oven, not so much. :tongueout:

itisbruno
01-03-2013, 20:46
Mutt could lay anywhere he wants, but prefers at my feet.

Has a nice soft dog bed upstairs.

He's 12 yoa. Funny how they face entry points.

:hearts:

Hope all is well now.

jpa
01-03-2013, 21:45
April sounds like a dream.....you doing a dutch oven, not so much. :tongueout:

Here she is doing some damage to a pizza crust on my bed...I hate waking up to crumbs stuck to my leg.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/jpa9022/DSCN1437_zps5245f46c.jpg

meathead19
01-03-2013, 21:53
Here she is doing some damage to a pizza crust on my bed...I hate waking up to crumbs stuck to my leg.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/jpa9022/DSCN1437_zps5245f46c.jpg

Cody has the grey stache too. The distinguished look.

Triple7
01-03-2013, 21:59
My boys napping. Sam and Cisco. Cisco on the left died recently.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/nickeason/thedogs.jpg

janice6
01-03-2013, 22:06
Nice story:

<<<<<<<<<< Sherlock

knows he is Beta dog. His job is to protect Mom and he is very dedicated to this.

What I find is interesting, is that he absolutely knows that I am Alpha in our pack. But when I am "indisposed or taking a shower" in the bathroom, I leave the door open a little so he can come in and out.

He comes in when I am "busy or showering" and make a point of sitting to face the open bathroom door as long as I am indisposed. Taking over the protection of the Alpha. When I am done, his role changes and he goes back to be with, and to protect Mom.

He takes over protecting me when he thinks I cannot, or he feels I am vulnerable, then goes back into Beta mode when I am back into control.

Watching his instinct control his responsibilities and see these responsibilities change on the situation is most fascinating.

Dogs behavior and intelligence is very interesting to see in action.

meathead19
01-03-2013, 22:06

Sorry to hear that.

Our boys (myself as well) will be sad when Cody goes. He's the only pet they've ever had.

TransAm-98
01-03-2013, 22:20
Our 12 year old GSD

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae94/Transam-98/548.jpg

Still moving pretty good for an old man

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae94/Transam-98/IMG_0522.jpg

jpa
01-03-2013, 22:32
Cody has the grey stache too. The distinguished look.

Yup. She's had it since she was about 2. This pic was taken on the 30th and she's about 5 now.

Sorry for your loss.

Nice story:

<<<<<<<<<< Sherlock

knows he is Beta dog. His job is to protect Mom and he is very dedicated to this.

What I find is interesting, is that he absolutely knows that I am Alpha in our pack. But when I am "indisposed or taking a shower" in the bathroom, I leave the door open a little so he can come in and out.

He comes in when I am "busy or showering" and make a point of sitting to face the open bathroom door as long as I am indisposed. Taking over the protection of the Alpha. When I am done, his role changes and he goes back to be with, and to protect Mom.

He takes over protecting me when he thinks I cannot, or he feels I am vulnerable, then goes back into Beta mode when I am back into control.

Watching his instinct control his responsibilities and see these responsibilities change on the situation is most fascinating.

Dogs behavior and intelligence is very interesting to see in action.

I agree. April does the same thing when we're indisposed. Asleep, in the shower, on the toilet....she takes up a position between me and the door. She also tries to intervene when my mom and I start arguing about stuff. We'll start yelling and she will feverishly start licking one of us to draw our attention to her.

true believer
01-04-2013, 18:18
my butch...i keep telling him to stop looking at me...i guess he loves me..
:whistling:

meathead19
01-04-2013, 18:23
my butch...i keep telling him to stop looking at me...i guess he loves me..
:whistling:

Looks like a JR. If so, are they wild....all the time?

true believer
01-04-2013, 18:31
Looks like a JR. If so, are they wild....all the time?

i have 3:wow:

true believer
01-04-2013, 18:38
not all the time..butch, as long as your not a small animal or squirrel your fine..in fact hes been in more houses then me on the block..
missy, she thinks she is a big dog and buster is nutzs!!:whistling:
fighting over the spot!!

Jack_Pine
01-04-2013, 18:38
We need more dog posts and less "sky is falling" posts.

Just sayin...................

Jack_Pine
01-04-2013, 18:39
dupe post

meathead19
01-04-2013, 19:31
not all the time..butch, as long as your not a small animal or squirrel your fine..in fact hes been in more houses then me on the block..
missy, she thinks she is a big dog and buster is nutzs!!:whistling:
fighting over the spot!!

Yours require a lot of outdoor exercise?

W/3 boys under 7 yoa, not a lot of spare time.

Foxterriermom
01-04-2013, 19:42
I have 2 of my 3 sitting in my lap right now. One of them has bad farts tonight...