Seahawks at Redskins, Sunday [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks at Redskins, Sunday

Deanster
01-03-2013, 20:33
Very excited about this game - my Seahawks are playing very well, and the Redskins are my 'second team', after living in DC for several years.

I'd call this game as 'pick em'. If RGIII was fully healthy, I'd give a thumbs up to the Redskins, but it sounds like he's still pretty limited.

Redskins get a solid plus for playing at home, of course, but that's matched by a sketchy secondary, and a defense that's not bad overall, but hasn't been a shutdown kind of squad.

While all the talk has been about Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch on the Seattle side lately, the defense is the real heart of this team, and they've both been playing shutdown ball and are as well built to go against the zone-read/pro hybrid offense that the Redskins play as any team in the League.

With RGIII limited, there should be an opportunity for the Seahawks D to be dominant, but as they say... "on any given Sunday".

Should be a great and close game, however it works out.

BicycleDay43
01-03-2013, 20:37
My bears got knocked out so I'll be behind the Seahawks for the rest of the year. :wavey:

brausso
01-03-2013, 20:40
Hawks 27-17

Berto
01-03-2013, 20:50
I actually think the Hawks offense has a much better shot against the 'Skins than they did last wk with the Rams.
The Rams don't get credit with their record, but they are a hard-nosed defense in their division, so last weeks game was a gut check for the Seahawks.
They should do well against the 'Skins, but the pundits seem to favor RGIII.

skeeter7
01-03-2013, 21:02
Seahawks win it...31-27

*ASH*
01-03-2013, 21:05
heart says skins
head says hawks

my dog is out of hunt lol but i say seachickens 20- 14

GWSHARK
01-04-2013, 10:24
I'll be @ the game. :cool:

I was there this past Sunday to see my skinz snap up the cowgirls too. :nsb:

aplcr0331
01-04-2013, 10:26

First playoff game there in Washington DC since the 90's right? I bet that place will be rockin. Even when they lose :tongueout:

GD2J
01-04-2013, 10:32
heart says skins
head says hawks

The Redskins have not been competetive for so long, I feel jaded about things. Really want the Skins to pull out the win - but not holding my breath for it...

GWSHARK
01-04-2013, 10:37
Our 7 game win streak will be at 8 come Monday!!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tHLFXJgp16Y/UE5feKTpOkI/AAAAAAAACYM/0Q7vWMkBblQ/s1600/RGIII.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/584/045/hi-res-151640340_crop_650x440.jpg?1347311601

^^^^I'm sure you're familiar with this guy^^^^

Allow me to introduce you to one of our other rookies: ALF

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/files/2012/11/m031349397491.jpg

Deanster
01-04-2013, 12:00
Very cool that you get to go to the game!

The teams match up very well across the board, though the Seahawks hold a substantial defensive edge (balanced by Redskins playing at home). Should be a great game, regardless.

Several writers have proposed this as having the 'potential to be the most-fun football game of the year'. Hope it turns out that way!

Gareth68
01-04-2013, 12:03
As a long time Steelers fan, I am first and foremost a fan of good D.

Your boys have been straight out balling.

They are flying around the field.

I am looking forward to watching them in the playoffs (as much as I can any other team than my own).

ChuteTheMall
01-04-2013, 12:11
I wouldn't worry too much about RG3's alleged injuries, the Redskins' current 7 game winning streak remains undisturbed by them.

http://i46.tinypic.com/flycqs.jpg

Chief Zee will add some Seahawk feathers to his hat.

happy seal
01-04-2013, 16:40
http://youtu.be/_1zJeGf-gpc

happy seal
01-04-2013, 16:43

Very cool! The crowd was way into that game and they'll be into this one as well! If you need someone to sit with let me know, I'll drive down! :whistling:

Skins 27 - hawks 16 Mark it down boys, your gonna see a skins defense creating turnovers, Morris and Griffin rushing hard opening up a few big plays to Moss and Hannkerson, Garcon. And Hall with a run back from a punt or kick. This is Redskins time to shine so sit down and watch the Magic.

TSAX
01-04-2013, 16:44
Should be a good game, I think this is the best game this weekend.

:50cal:

GD2J
01-06-2013, 15:37
Well, the game is looking good for the Skins so far...

ChuteTheMall
01-06-2013, 17:24

...could look a lot better...:steamed:

nipperwolf
01-06-2013, 17:26

:whistling:

I feel bad for RG3.

GD2J
01-06-2013, 17:45
Yeah, as soon as I posted that, it all went downhill. Hope RG3's knee has no permanent damage.

JohnBT
01-06-2013, 18:10
Coach should have benched RGIII in the 2nd quarter. Or maybe by the end of the first.

The loss is the coach's fault.

Meanwhile, Richmond fans can now pull for Seattle. Their quarterback is from here; he played high school ball at Collegiate. His father was a lawyer and had played ball for Dartmouth iirc.

John

Deanster
01-06-2013, 19:04
Agreed - RGIII wasn't anywhere near full capacity, and the game might have looked very different if they'd put the backup in.

Redskins D was ferocious, and kept Wilson running around all night.

Ultimately, my 'hawks did the job in a come-back win on the road in the playoffs, which is one of the hardest things to do in sports. But they didn't do it against the 'full Redskins experience'...

Lots of credit to the 'skins - they came out fired up and just stomped us flat for the first couple series. Lots of credit to the Seahawks for having the character to come back.

Interestingly, I think the Seahawks have a pretty good chance next week in Atlanta - that's the kind of offense we've been chewing up all season. That said, winning on the road in the NFL is awfully damn hard.

Restless28
01-06-2013, 19:07
Very cool! The crowd was way into that game and they'll be into this one as well! If you need someone to sit with let me know, I'll drive down! :whistling:

Skins 27 - hawks 16 Mark it down boys, your gonna see a skins defense creating turnovers, Morris and Griffin rushing hard opening up a few big plays to Moss and Hannkerson, Garcon. And Hall with a run back from a punt or kick. This is Redskins time to shine so sit down and watch the Magic.

How do you like your crow?:tongueout:

JimIsland
01-06-2013, 19:15
Screw Shanahan....idiot. Should have pulled RG at the end of the first half when it was apparent that RG would have to stay in the pocket the rest of the game. SeaHawks are a bunch of dirty, street-football assclowns with zero class.

*ASH*
01-06-2013, 19:22
Screw Shanahan....idiot. Should have pulled RG at the end of the first half when it was apparent that RG would have to stay in the pocket the rest of the game. SeaHawks are a bunch of dirty, street-football assclowns with zero class.

yeah like at end of game when the redskin player smacked seachicken player in the face ?

Shanahan is over rated big time . RG3 should not have played after 1st quarter.

Deanster
01-06-2013, 19:22
um, that's 'bunch of dirty, street-football assclowns with zero class who are playing on Divisional Weekend' to you, mister.

Berto
01-06-2013, 19:41
I agree they should have pulled RGIII at the half...I'd hate to see his promising career cut short from a perma-screwed knee.
I was worried about him stopping too suddenly though, he would have had the commentators stuck in his ass.

*ASH*
01-06-2013, 19:46
hes a rookie and blown that knee what twice now ? i got feeling his career will be short in NFL . sad because he is a great running qb , but if he cant run , he is average at best . i know watching him buckle that last play i felt ouch just seeing it .

even thou RG3 wanted to play , its the coaches job to protect the players , sometimes from themselves . he screwed the pooch

Happypuppy
01-06-2013, 20:30
I really like RG3. However that field was a disgrace. Many players were hurt..because a billionaire owner did not want to put turf down for the game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Deanster
01-06-2013, 21:15
Great point. That field was perhaps the worst playing surface I've seen... IIRC, Soldier Field is often just awful as well, especially when it's doing double duty for baseball.

FedEx field today... that mess of some tufts of grass and loose powdery dirt isn't an NFL-quality field. Not sure if it contributed to RGIII's knee injury, but it was dangerously bad.

Watching his knee buckle on replay was nauseating, from the safety of my couch. Again, if they had him out there playing on an unstable knee... what kind of maniac would risk such a promising career for him as an individual, and for the club?

Final note - my favorite play of the game was Marshawn Lynch's touchdown, especially the bit where he's running in almost-full-stride, and QB Russell Wilson comes FLYING past him to make a block. There were several plays where Wilson ended up blocking strong for the RB, but that one really showed off his speed and agility.

Here's a Youtube link, for as long as it stays up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGa5cKxVOM

c01
01-06-2013, 21:25
Great point. That field was perhaps the worst playing surface I've seen... IIRC, Soldier Field is often just awful as well, especially when it's doing double duty for baseball.

FedEx field today... that mess of some tufts of grass and loose powdery dirt isn't an NFL-quality field. Not sure if it contributed to RGIII's knee injury, but it was dangerously bad.

Watching his knee buckle on replay was nauseating, from the safety of my couch. Again, if they had him out there playing on an unstable knee... what kind of maniac would risk such a promising career for him as an individual, and for the club?

Final note - my favorite play of the game was Marshawn Lynch's touchdown, especially the bit where he's running in almost-full-stride, and QB Russell Wilson comes FLYING past him to make a block. There were several plays where Wilson ended up blocking strong for the RB, but that one really showed off his speed and agility.

Here's a Youtube link, for as long as it stays up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGa5cKxVOM
A blocking QB, gotta love it.

D

BicycleDay43
01-07-2013, 04:08
A blocking QB, gotta love it.

D

Now THAT'S taking the initiative!

Sent from the Duke City using OHM

JohnBT
01-07-2013, 06:19
"that mess of some tufts of grass and loose powdery dirt "

It's actually more sand than dirt.

Consider it beach football. ;)

JimIsland
01-07-2013, 08:25
yeah like at end of game when the redskin player smacked seachicken player in the face ?

Shanahan is over rated big time . RG3 should not have played after 1st quarter.

Yep....I agree that Shanahan is over-rated and screwed up big time. However, the after game skermish was a result of the SeaHawk "gangster smack" talk during the whole game. Sorry, I don't mind losing, especially in a close, hard fought game, but the Seahawks defense was playing Rugby last night. :upeyes:

Happypuppy
01-07-2013, 14:38
Reports out of DC are that RG3 out 12-18 months with 2 ligament tears

@Curtis_Crabtree: WRIC-TV in Richmond, Va. is reporting RGIII has torn his ACL & PCL. Expected to miss 14-18 months. http://bit.ly/VyJPpF

czsmithGT
01-07-2013, 14:52
Coach should have benched RGIII in the 2nd quarter. Or maybe by the end of the first.

The loss is the coach's fault.

Meanwhile, Richmond fans can now pull for Seattle. Their quarterback is from here; he played high school ball at Collegiate. His father was a lawyer and had played ball for Dartmouth iirc.

John

Watching the game i thought the same thing. Shanahan is a jerk.

GWSHARK
01-07-2013, 14:56
Reports out of DC are that RG3 out 12-18 months with 2 ligament tears

@Curtis_Crabtree: WRIC-TV in Richmond, Va. is reporting RGIII has torn his ACL & PCL. Expected to miss 14-18 months. http://bit.ly/VyJPpF

I hope not... but your link says the test were inconclusive due to his previous tear. :dunno:

GWSHARK
01-07-2013, 14:57
and as far as the Seahawks...

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! AND WE LET'EM OFF THE HOOK

http://i.azcentral.com/i/6/6/0/L169_CIFR950fb53cc07562d16959d219486ef066.jpg

:steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed:

JohnBT
01-07-2013, 15:07
Heck, I've been busy today and just read the box score. RG3 gained a total of 105 yards. I would have pulled him at the half if he was healthy and only had 105 passing & running.

GWSHARK
01-07-2013, 15:48
Heck, I've been busy today and just read the box score. RG3 gained a total of 105 yards. I would have pulled him at the half if he was healthy and only had 105 passing & running.

He threw for 2 touchdowns in the first qtr though. We were up 14 zip and everything was looking swell....

:steamed::steamed::steamed:

rednoved
01-07-2013, 16:16
Had he not gone down, there wouldn't be a discussion right now. If he finished the game and won, there wouldn't be many people questioning the coaching staff.

Redskins lost. They would have lost with or without RG3.

There is always next year.......

Happypuppy
01-07-2013, 16:28
Pretty good. Video. FedEx field we tear ACLS

http://vimeo.com/m/56943814

czsmithGT
01-07-2013, 16:48
Had he not gone down, there wouldn't be a discussion right now. If he finished the game and won, there wouldn't be many people questioning the coaching staff.

I think there was a discussion watching him limp around in the first half, and listening to the report that Shanahan lied about the doctor clearing him to return to play in the game he was injured, and the doctor saying he was very nervous about RG playing yesterday and worsening his injury. I can understand RG telling his coach he was good to go. I can't understand Shanahan buying that and putting his career at risk, especially after watching RG play hobbled and defenseless.

JimIsland
01-07-2013, 17:58

Did you even watch the game?:upeyes: RGIII was semi-healthy in the first quarter...moving around in the pocket, running, etc.. he re-injured himself shortly there after and it was obvious to anyone watching. The backup QB won a come-from-behind win against the Ravens and was very capable of moving the ball downfield IF dumbass Shanahan would have pulled RG III when he should have.

Deanster
01-07-2013, 18:28
you can add Seattle's kicker to the list...

and wow... 12-18 months out for RGIII?

Shanahan isn't the only one to blame, but he's the one who's accountable. He'll be lucky if he can get a job flying rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong if RGIII is out for all of next season.

JimIsland
01-07-2013, 18:56
you can add Seattle's kicker to the list...

and wow... 12-18 months out for RGIII?

Shanahan isn't the only one to blame, but he's the one who's accountable. He'll be lucky if he can get a job flying rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong if RGIII is out for all of next season.

Amen to that......what's up with the kicker? I saw he was having problems with his plant foot.

rednoved
01-07-2013, 19:14
RG3 walked onto the field all by himself for every snap. But the guy who should be accountable, is the head coach?

JohnBT
01-07-2013, 19:35
Washington scored twice and then had DRIVES of 8, 3, 23, 4, 17 and minus-12 yards.

After scoring drives on the first two possessions, Griffin generated 4 first downs. In the rest of the game.

"But the guy who should be accountable, is the head coach?"

That's why he's the head coach. All of the decisions are his. You don't produce, you sit on the bench.

"If he finished the game and won"

He couldn't even finish the half (with any production.)

And there's no proof that the Skins would have lost with or without RG3.

JohnBT
01-07-2013, 19:42
If RG3 is out for a year, Snyder and Shamalamadingdong will probably go get Vick. :faint:

JFrame
01-07-2013, 19:48
If RG3 is out for a year, Snyder and Shamalamadingdong will probably go get Vick. :faint:

That will NOT happen...