DSS Stops Selling Semi Auto Rifles to Civilians So Sheriff Pulls His Busine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DSS Stops Selling Semi Auto Rifles to Civilians So Sheriff Pulls His Busine

HerrGlock
01-03-2013, 21:22
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/dana-safety-supply-stops-selling-semi-auto-rifles-to-civilians-so-sheriff-pulls-his-business/

Ruggles
01-03-2013, 21:28
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/dana-safety-supply-stops-selling-semi-auto-rifles-to-civilians-so-sheriff-pulls-his-business/

Booyaa! :supergrin:

janice6
01-03-2013, 21:28
Good for the Sheriff. I wouldn't have anything to do with them either.

Adjuster
01-03-2013, 22:05
Who is this Dana Safety Supply and how did they get to be such a big and diverse company?

Dana Safety Supply, Atlanta, GA
Southern Firearms, Greensboro, NC
Palmetto Firearms, Columbia, SC (NOTE: This is NOT Palmetto State Armory!)
Central Firearms, Tampa, FL
Dana Safety Supply, Miami, FL
Duval Honda
Duval Ford
Duval Acura
Duval Mazda at the Avenues
Mercedes-Benz of Gainesville
Subaru of Gainesville
Tampa Honda Land
Countryside Ford of Clearwater
Countryside Mazda of Clearwater
U.S. Auto Credit
Scott-McRae Advertising
Cause to Communicate
Commercial Landscape Solutions

/

stevelyn
01-04-2013, 00:53
A traitorous gun shop owner is just as bad as a traitorous politician and both deserve to dangle from the end of a rope.

elsolo
01-04-2013, 01:58
There are lots of gunshops that only sell to LEO's.
I don't really understand that decision, but it is theirs to make.
We can vote with our wallets, and they can enjoy their much smaller client list.

Gunny Lingus
01-04-2013, 04:41
Sheriff Scott Berry - True public servant.

IndyGunFreak
01-04-2013, 04:52
I like how the screenshot of the forum post tries to associate these rifles with body armor.. "Oh, this is what we've done with body armor".. probably as a way to placate people.

I agree w/ some of them above. Let em hang.

IGF

Fear Night
01-04-2013, 05:20
And some people on this forum still believe every Sheriff in the US would go around door-to-door mindlessly confiscating guns with no regard to their citizens at the whim of B.O.'s pen :upeyes:

Atomic Punk
01-04-2013, 05:32
good man, i hope he stays sheriff for a long time.

Bruce M
01-04-2013, 05:38
Good for him - another "vote with the dollars" instance.

sheriff733
01-04-2013, 06:20
And some people on this forum still believe every Sheriff in the US would go around door-to-door mindlessly confiscating guns with no regard to their citizens at the whim of B.O.'s pen :upeyes:

Exactly.

I don't know one one single co-worker who has said they will do it. I think all of them have said they will flat out refuse, even if it means termination.

I'm right there with them. This guy will not be part of it. It's an illegal order and I will refuse to carry it out.

:wavey:

IndyGunFreak
01-04-2013, 06:34

I think the bigger issue is, that "some people on this forum" believe that sheriffs/deputies/officers, etc.. that are like the Sheriff mentioned in this thread, are far, far outnumbered by the ones who would follow orders.

You'd have to be foolish to think that all LEO's would follow this type of order. You'd have to be equally foolish to think that all LEO's would NOT follow such an order.

exmdshooter
01-04-2013, 06:36
You gotta love it when a law enforcement officer stands up for the rights of those he's sworn to serve. I know that many LEOs are of the same mind, but it's still a mite sad that such an act is "news" - it should be a given.

Roadkill_751
01-04-2013, 06:49
Sheriff Scott Berry - True public servant.

Sheriff Berry has been sheriff for about 3 to 4 terms. Which is 9 to 12 years. I hear good stuff about his department.

John Rambo
01-04-2013, 07:09
A traitorous gun shop owner is just as bad as a traitorous politician and both deserve to dangle from the end of a rope.

So, for deciding to conduct their private business a certain way they're traitorous and deserve to dangle from the end of a rope?

Is it just me, or are you guys getting crazier these days?

Rotn1
01-04-2013, 07:17
Exactly.

I don't know one one single co-worker who has said they will do it. I think all of them have said they will flat out refuse, even if it means termination.

I'm right there with them. This guy will not be part of it. It's an illegal order and I will refuse to carry it out.

:wavey:

Thank you sir!!!!!!!!!

The Habit
01-04-2013, 07:20
So, for deciding to conduct their private business a certain way they're traitorous and deserve to dangle from the end of a rope?

It's not just you.

IndyGunFreak
01-04-2013, 07:51

I THINK they were using "hang" as a metaphor (at least I was).

SC Tiger
01-04-2013, 08:54
Who is this Dana Safety Supply and how did they get to be such a big and diverse company?

Dana Safety Supply, Atlanta, GA
Southern Firearms, Greensboro, NC
Palmetto Firearms, Columbia, SC (NOTE: This is NOT Palmetto State Armory!)
Central Firearms, Tampa, FL
Dana Safety Supply, Miami, FL
Duval Honda
Duval Ford
Duval Acura
Duval Mazda at the Avenues
Mercedes-Benz of Gainesville
Subaru of Gainesville
Tampa Honda Land
Countryside Ford of Clearwater
Countryside Mazda of Clearwater
U.S. Auto Credit
Scott-McRae Advertising
Cause to Communicate
Commercial Landscape Solutions

/

I've bought two guns from Palmetto Firearms in Columbia but the last few times I went there they were getting a little strange (and this was 10 years ago). Basically, their rule was that if the FBI returned a "No Decision" on a background check that they would not sell the firearm, even though legally the could. At the time I thought the owner was just trying to protect himself from a lawsuit so I kind of blew it off as this was never a problem for me anyway. For the record I do not know if Dana owned them at the time or not.

I won't be shopping there again. Shooter's Choice is a better shop anyway.

SC Tiger
01-04-2013, 08:56
You gotta love it when a law enforcement officer stands up for the rights of those he's sworn to serve. I know that many LEOs are of the same mind, but it's still a might sad that such an act is "news" - it should be a given.

Most street cops I know think like this. Several have told me that if I want to be protected, I need to be armed because I cannot rely on them to protect me. The problem is when street cops become politicians they sometimes change their tune.

exmdshooter
01-04-2013, 10:02
...The problem is when street cops become politicians they sometimes change their tune.

And you gotta be a politician (and suck up to city officials) to make Chief, which is why many (most?) street cops support our 2nd Amendment rights, while many (perhaps even a majority) of Chiefs do not... at least in the major metropolitan areas.

spcwes
01-04-2013, 15:13
And you gotta be a politician (and suck up to city officials) to make Chief, which is why many (most?) street cops support our 2nd Amendment rights, while many (perhaps even a majority) of Chiefs do not... at least in the major metropolitan areas.

This is incorrect sputter right here. I am a Chief and know all the of the "Chiefs" and the Sheriff of my county and none of them will be supporting anything that goes against the 2nd Amendment.

Saying that you have to be a politician and suck up to city officials let me know right off the bat that you were full of crap because if you actually knew what the fk you were talking about you would not make stupid comments like this.

The MAJORITY of cops are still damn good people, damn good citizens and all of whom I know will be killed before allowing you to be hurt and would never touch your guns. Tin foil much?

EdTracker
01-04-2013, 16:28
I wrote them a nastygram (d***1dss.com) and told them what I think.

I am familiar with several of the stores that they own and have purchased quite a few items from the listed stores. Searching out the contact information for the rest of the stores to give them a bit of my mind as well.

My congressman may ignore me but store owners (usually) don't. Pretty bad that my money is worth more than my vote!

Fear Night
01-04-2013, 17:02
This is incorrect sputter right here. I am a Chief and know all the of the "Chiefs" and the Sheriff of my county and none of them will be supporting anything that goes against the 2nd Amendment.

Saying that you have to be a politician and suck up to city officials let me know right off the bat that you were full of crap because if you actually knew what the fk you were talking about you would not make stupid comments like this.

The MAJORITY of cops are still damn good people, damn good citizens and all of whom I know will be killed before allowing you to be hurt and would never touch your guns. Tin foil much?
Owned. :thumbsup:

Please bring this up any time you see the opportunity. A lot of people here think every single member of law enforcement or the military are out to get us. The people out to get you are sitting on their thrones in Washington D.C., not at your local LE agency.

dpadams6
01-04-2013, 17:31
Most street cops I know think like this. Several have told me that if I want to be protected, I need to be armed because I cannot rely on them to protect me. The problem is when street cops become politicians they sometimes change their tune.

Most of the other Leo's I work with(including myself) and know are totally in favor of the 2nd amendment and law abiding citizens carrying firearms. You will not find many that are against this. Only ones might be the upper command/politicians WHICH DO NOT REPRESENT US 99% OFFICERS.
Kudos to Sheriff Berry

spcwes
01-05-2013, 00:35

Please bring this up any time you see the opportunity. A lot of people here think every single member of law enforcement or the military are out to get us. The people out to get you are sitting on their thrones in Washington D.C., not at your local LE agency.

I would venture to guess the close to 700,000 state, city and county law enforcement officers would shrink to nearly nothing congress told them to take weapons. I would guess there would be one hell of a fight on their hands. Further I think you would have a good portion of the Military stand against it as well.

That kind of comment to me is the same kneejerk reaction type comments bad politicians make.

StarJack
01-05-2013, 02:24
Sheriff Berry has been sheriff for about 3 to 4 terms. Which is 9 to 12 years. I hear good stuff about his department.

Actually, the good sheriff was elected to his sixth term last year. Here's hoping he runs for governor someday!

:cool:

ca survivor
01-05-2013, 06:23
Kudos to Sheriff Berry for standing up for the civilian right to bear arms.

SC Tiger
01-05-2013, 07:08

I can't speak for the poster you are responding to but I would say to note the part he stated about major metropolitan areas. I would add that this is probably more true in liberal hotbeds like LA, SF, NYC, CHI, etc.

Where I live, supporting gun control goes by another name - political suicide.

Roadkill_751
01-05-2013, 08:43
Actually, the good sheriff was elected to his sixth term last year. Here's hoping he runs for governor someday!

:cool:

Ok, thanks for the update. :wavey:

TheJ
01-05-2013, 09:01

I understand and most are very glad to hear you are a stand up person and the people you know in similar positions are as well. I suspect exmdshooter may have gotten his impression though, from what most see in the big newspapers/media who often look to get interviews/quotes form heads of police in places like NYC, Chicago, etc. If that is what somebody bases their perception of what "most police department heads are" then one would probably be more likely to perceive reality to be more along the lines of what exmdshooter posted. Regardless of how inaccurate the perception is.

TheJ
01-05-2013, 09:07
This business decision by DSS makes me sick. It is one more nail in the coffin that hold our fundamental civil right of self defense.

What makes the lives of police more valuable and worthy of the protection afforded by these rifles than the lives of private citizens?

Cybercowboy
01-05-2013, 09:10
This business decision by DSS makes me sick. It is one more nail in the coffin that hold our fundamental civil right of self defense.

What makes the lives of police more valuable and worthy of the protection afforded by these rifles than the lives of private citizens?

Didn't they say all semi-automatic weapons, not just rifles?

Threefoot
01-05-2013, 09:22
I support and respect the LEO's and military that risk their life everyday to protect our asses, always have always will. Yes, even when I was getting a ticket or whatever at the other end.

My brother-in-law is a cop and I respect him a great deal...

I believe that if the day ever came where the Government ever was to come after everyone's guns, most LEO would likely not take part in it. My concern however is that new Gov Depts like DHS or TSA is another story. Don't you guys watch all the Hollywood movies, local law enforcement is often left out in the cold when the Gov takes over or martial law is in place...

No tin foil here... 👽

TheJ
01-05-2013, 09:23
Didn't they say all semi-automatic weapons, not just rifles?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/thej_photos/IMAG2065_zpsb057e6b2.jpg (http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/289738-Dana-Safety-Supply-s-Change-of-Policy?p=1578755&viewfull=1#post1578755)

Trapped_in_Kali
01-06-2013, 01:21

Most of the other Leo's I work with(including myself) and know are totally in favor of the 2nd amendment and law abiding citizens carrying firearms. You will not find many that are against this. Only ones might be the upper command/politicians WHICH DO NOT REPRESENT US 99% OFFICERS.
Kudos to Sheriff Berry

I would venture to guess the close to 700,000 state, city and county law enforcement officers would shrink to nearly nothing congress told them to take weapons. I would guess there would be one hell of a fight on their hands. Further I think you would have a good portion of the Military stand against it as well.

That kind of comment to me is the same kneejerk reaction type comments bad politicians make.

I support and respect the LEO's and military that risk their life everyday to protect our asses, always have always will. Yes, even when I was getting a ticket or whatever at the other end.

My brother-in-law is a cop and I respect him a great deal...

I believe that if the day ever came where the Government ever was to come after everyone's guns, most LEO would likely not take part in it. My concern however is that new Gov Depts like DHS or TSA is another story. Don't you guys watch all the Hollywood movies, local law enforcement is often left out in the cold when the Gov takes over or martial law is in place...

No tin foil here... 👽

Well I can only comment on what I see/hear.
I live where off duty officers get in shoot outs with undercover officers (google Kevin Gaines & Frank Lyga), we have police corruption (Rampart [& I have personal dealings with a Rampart Captain which lowered my trust of LAPD officers to nothing]), Sheriff Officers who have gangs in the Sheriff's department and on.
I remember Ruby Ridge & Waco where LEOs murdered innocent people and find it hard to believe that the average LEO would put The Constitution above his pension.