Democrats pull plug on gun, ammo bans [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Democrats pull plug on gun, ammo bans

Grabbrass
01-04-2013, 05:56
Thought you guys would appreciate seeing this ...

SPRINGFIELD — There’s not enough support in the Illinois Senate to impose tough new restrictions on semiautomatic weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.

read the rest ...

http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-regional/illinois/democrats-pull-plug-on-gun-ammo-bans/article_32f17fc4-55db-11e2-a7a7-001a4bcf887a.html

ithaca_deerslayer
01-04-2013, 06:06
Don't you love how the anti-gun people are always lurking, waiting for the next opportunity to ban as many guns as they can?

Smooth_squeeze
01-04-2013, 06:08
Great news!

Grabbrass
01-04-2013, 06:14
Don't you love how the anti-gun people are always lurking, waiting for the next opportunity to ban as many guns as they can?

Like rust.

OctoberRust
01-04-2013, 06:14
Ok so if they can't get this to go through in Illinois , what should make us think they can get this to go through on a federal level ?

KG1F
01-04-2013, 06:43
If you are an Illinois voter make sure to vote those clowns out at the next election.

G36's Rule
01-04-2013, 07:16
Ok so if they can't get this to go through in Illinois , what should make us think they can get this to go through on a federal level ?

Correct.

aircarver
01-04-2013, 07:23
Commie-crat majorities ... and ... spineless republicans ... :frown:

ron59
01-04-2013, 08:21

Some states are more liberal than others.
California and Mass. come to mind. Those states can (and do) have much more extreme gun control laws than other states.

My concern is not what individual states do, but at the federal level. The last AWB was federal, not state level.

PocketProtector
01-04-2013, 08:33
California and Mass. come to mind. Those states can (and do) have much more extreme gun control laws than other states.

My concern is not what individual states do, but at the federal level. The last AWB was federal, not state level.

Yes some states have more people with

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/MaxGee/head_up_ass.jpg

than others

JJohnson
01-04-2013, 08:37

The legislation in question was very far reaching regarding what it banned. Nothing like that has been discussed for implementation at the federal level. This Illinois crap wouldn't pass at a national level, that's not to say that something a bit weaker would fail as well.

OctoberRust
01-04-2013, 08:50

You do understand for federal laws to be passed, state reps and senators vote on the bills, correct? Unless you want to say Barry will just sign executive order.

ron59
01-04-2013, 13:27
You do understand for federal laws to be passed, state reps and senators vote on the bills, correct? Unless you want to say Barry will just sign executive order.

1. There's a big difference between a "state rep", vs those legislators at the state level. Also, what's done in Illinois doesn't really affect me.

2. However, get enough liberal state legislators onboard at the federal level, and you have an AWB. Hell, after this last school shooting, several senators and representatives are on record that... .while previously were anti-AWB are saying they might have to reconsider their position now. That's what scares me, is that a "tidal wave of panic" at this time at the federal level screws us all.