Muck boots-or American boots? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Muck boots-or American boots?

Rustin
01-04-2013, 06:11
Hey guys.
I'm looking for a really solid pair of winter/waterproof boots for snow removal. I got a pair of winter hiking boots but they didn't hold up to well to the dozens of bags of salt and many buckets of water.

I took a look at the Muck boots and I've decided I need something that is mostly rubber just like the Muck boots. Although, if I can help it, I'd like to spend my money on American made goods, especially since everything I've bought made in china has been falling apart. Does anyone know of something American made that will keep me dry? I don't need any thinsulate as I will be active. I'd also be interested in any American boot makers just so I can be ready come spring. Thanks for the help.

phil evans
01-04-2013, 06:36
go on line for L L Bean catalogue,
i've worn these style of boots for over 40 years,
(several pairs).

Rustin
01-04-2013, 09:22
Man, those are schweet. ANy idea where I can find them locally?

byf43
01-04-2013, 09:44
I'm not sure where they're made, but, I have a pair of Muck "Chore Boots" and they are great for everything except mud.
(They've got 'street' soles on them.)

Very comfortable. Very warm.

Found them at Tractor Supply for less than $100.00.

Rinspeed
01-04-2013, 10:49
My friend swears by the Muck boots. I might give them a try when my boots are done.

janice6
01-04-2013, 11:15
Sorel for Northern Minnesota -30 and snow, ice fishing. Standing on frozen lake all day. Everyone has them.

striker6126
01-04-2013, 11:19
I wear muck woody armor boots hunting and love them.

azbuckeye
01-04-2013, 11:34
TSC (Tractor Supply) should care them....

Bren
01-04-2013, 11:55
Hey guys.
I'm looking for a really solid pair of winter/waterproof boots for snow removal. I got a pair of winter hiking boots but they didn't hold up to well to the dozens of bags of salt and many buckets of water.

I took a look at the Muck boots and I've decided I need something that is mostly rubber just like the Muck boots. Although, if I can help it, I'd like to spend my money on American made goods, especially since everything I've bought made in china has been falling apart. Does anyone know of something American made that will keep me dry? I don't need any thinsulate as I will be active. I'd also be interested in any American boot makers just so I can be ready come spring. Thanks for the help.

My wife bought Muck Boots for walking the dogts - even drove about 150 miles round trip to get some. They didn't last long at all and she'll never buy them again. After that, she got Georgia Mud Dogs and they have been really, really good boots for years. She won't buy anything else, now.

Looks like they have several models on sale, too:
http://www.georgiaboot.com/products/search/Search-mud/View-40/?mm_campaign=66db78eff869f0850f0ab5ef187864cf&mm_keyword=georgia%20mud%20dogs&gclid=CPiztZCwz7QCFQJx4AodsBcAbg

They stock them at Tractor Supply, as well.

Rustin
01-05-2013, 07:31
Bren, those mud dogs look great. I think I'm gonna get a pair of em'. Thanks a million!

Grumpy Gardener
01-05-2013, 10:09
By far the best boots I've ever owned for snow work are Sorels. Get an extra pair of liners and you can change out day to day.

gg.